Ohio State @ Oregon

tokamak

1 minute ago, Vic Mackey said:

I'm not a rules expert but with the illegal substitution on defense, shouldn't Ohio State get those 4 seconds back to get back to 10?

No, time that validly ran during a play is never put back on the clock. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Too many men on the field after a TO?

Almost as cool as a delay of game right after the opening kickoff return. 

10 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Yessss now I get to hear the Fire Day rants again 

I hope they keep that tard forever

22 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

No, time that validly ran during a play is never put back on the clock. 

Tell that to the SEC refs.  Tennessee qb fumbled the ball out of bounds on their final drive in regulation with 23 seconds left.  Ref announces the call to the stadium says clock will wind on his signal.  Heupel lets the clock run to 15 seconds before realizing what's going on and calls time out.  He bitches to the ref, and then end up putting the game clock back to 23 seconds.

Edited by Captain Obvious

If that "12 men on field" is not a dead ball / clock reset penalty....then what is to stop an enterprising DC from literally putting ~20 dudes into the secondary right at the snap if opposition has a "XX and Long",  dwindling clock, and an obvious deep passing situation.....seems like the 5-6 seconds of elapsed clock is well worth the benign 5 yard (meaningless) penalty.....what am I missing here?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Muny_Tex said:

If that "12 men on field" is not a dead ball / clock reset penalty....then what is to stop an enterprising DC from literally putting ~20 dudes into the secondary right at the snap if opposition has a "XX and Long",  dwindling clock, and an obvious deep passing situation.....seems like the 5-6 seconds of elapsed clock is well worth the benign 5 yard (meaningless) penalty.....what am I missing here?

My thoughts exactly.