NLCS: Mets at Dodgers

10 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Clutch playoff Kike!!!

It’s a nooner game, so just jumping on the NJ transit from Penn Station to New Brunswick.  

View of Penn Station from Pete’s apartment.  There is a really good Los Tacos a block east, right across from MSG. Or, the food court in Penn Station is really awesome. Great variety and you can just take it on the train.

IMG_0665.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I was like, "I just saw that on Surly!"

I don't know if everyone noticed but Nolan Ryan threw the pitch on that diving catch.

I first became aware of that game and that play from reading Nolan's first autobiography when I was about 10.  He pitched the last 2.1 innings of that game to get the save.  In 27 MLB seasons, it was his only appearance in a WS.

Before last week, the Dodgers’ biggest postseason blowout in a shutout game was their 7-0 victory over Minnesota in Game 5 of the 1965 World Series. Koufax pitched that shutout for the Dodgers, Jim Kaat only made it to the third inning for the Twins.

In the last week, the Dodgers have beaten the Padres 8-0, and the Mets 8-0 and 9-0.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Well due to all the borkage I couldn’t chime in on our ass whooping.  Going tot he potential closeout tomorrow.

Good luck and have fun. Lifelong Dodgers fan here, went to the NLCS and WS in Texas, but really want to win one in a non-Covid year. With all the shit you’ve been through lately, you deserve this more than anyone.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Dead team walking the Green Mile. 

13 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I think this might be the Dodgers' year.

Are we not counting 2020?

But I agree. They are the team to beat.

Not that that always makes a shit in baseball.

Edited by ztejas