NLCS: Mets at Dodgers

7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

He no listen. 

Guess not

15 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Fox is goddamn loving this. 

Yeah.  This year is going to be a definite blip up in the decades long trend of declining WS ratings.

Vientos trying to keep it interesting.  And looks like Diaz is coming in for the 5th.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Forty-three years since Dodgers/Yankees is crazy.

I remember watching the last three of those.

Because old.

My mom has told me about the boys in elementary school all taking sides and arguing about Yankees vs Dodgers because they were always in the WS and there were no Texas teams yet.  That would have been 50s/early 60s.

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Forty-three years since Dodgers/Yankees is crazy.

I remember watching the last three of those.

Because old.

It was the strike year.  And they did that stupid 1st and 2nd half champions bullshit.  And the Dodgers wouldn't have even made the playoffs if they determined the playoffs with overall record.  And then Expos choked.

Fuck, I'm old.

27 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It was the strike year.  And they did that stupid 1st and 2nd half champions bullshit.  And the Dodgers wouldn't have even made the playoffs if they determined the playoffs with overall record.  And then Expos choked.

Fuck, I'm old.

Strike year? Expos? What are you geezers talking about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

In what world would a casual or non affiliated fan be rooting for the Dodgers? They have the highest payroll, they’re massive favorites, and they last won a title all of 4 years ago. The Yankees came out of nowhere to make the playoffs this year and haven’t even been to a series in 15 years. Their bullpen is a bunch of nobodies and reclamation projects, they had a washed has-been slugger start hitting out of his mind in the postseason, and a generational homegrown star looking for his first ring. The storylines are endless.

Edited by Helobious
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

In what world would a casual or non affiliated fan be rooting for the Dodgers? They have the highest payroll, they’re massive favorites, and they last won a title all of 4 years ago. The Yankees came out of nowhere to make the playoffs this year and haven’t even been to a series in 15 years. Their bullpen is a bunch of nobodies and reclamation projects, they had a washed has-been slugger start hitting out of his mind in the postseason, and a generational homegrown star looking for his first ring. The storylines are endless.

Maybe because people are tired of hearing they are the greatest team ever, etc.

I think they are a good team. Ilke the spunk and Judge seems to be a damn good player, human, etc. But Yankees think Reggie Jackson's era was yesterday. Stop acting like they hired this guy with a bunch of scrubs and here we are.

george costanza swing and a miss GIF