ALCS: Yankees vs Guardians

Helobious

People can roll their eyes all they want, if there’s a feel-good story in the MLB it’s the Yankees. Zips had us finishing last before the season started, I think fangraphs had us second to last. No one believed in us yet here we are, taking on a Cleveland team with the best bullpen in the game. Vegas has the Yankees favored to win tonight but has Cleveland favored to win the series. Underdogs yet again but who’s counting. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I’m sorry we’re actually playing in October while you’re watching from the couch.

We'll give you Leody Taveras and a World Series Champions t shirt for Judge.

18 minutes ago, Helobious said:

People can roll their eyes all they want, if there’s a feel-good story in the MLB it’s the Yankees. Zips had us finishing last before the season started, I think fangraphs had us second to last. No one believed in us yet here we are, taking on a Cleveland team with the best bullpen in the game. Vegas has the Yankees favored to win tonight but has Cleveland favored to win the series. Underdogs yet again but who’s counting. 

@@ <-- me, rolling my eyes.

The Yankees were 91.5 in the Vegas O/U preseason, you can check the thread.  They won 94.  Huge congrats on all that.

And I would love to get action with whatever bookie has NYY as the underdog in the series, because mine has:

image.png.b6e6dca70fe83eadb302868d0a417d04.png

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

@@ <-- me, rolling my eyes.

The Yankees were 91.5 in the Vegas O/U preseason, you can check the thread.  They won 94.  Huge congrats on all that.

And I would love to get action with whatever bookie has NYY as the underdog in the series, because mine has:

image.png.b6e6dca70fe83eadb302868d0a417d04.png

No you idiot. + is good. That means that Cleveland is +165 Vegas Points better than an average team. NYY are way below that at -200 Vegas Points.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

The Yankees are never a feel good story.  Thats so dumb lol.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

I’m sorry we’re actually playing in October while you’re watching from the couch.

Are you watching from somewhere other than the couch?

• Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Helobious said:

People can roll their eyes all they want, if there’s a feel-good story in the MLB it’s the Yankees.

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

The Yankees are never a feel good story.  Thats so dumb lol.

The only feel good story involving the Yankees is when Kramer got Paul O’Neill to hit two homers for that sick kid.  

FYI, Helo… Paul O’Neill played for the Yankees in the 90s.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

The only feel good story involving the Yankees is when Kramer got Paul O’Neill to hit two homers for that sick kid.  

FYI, Helo… Paul O’Neill played for the Yankees in the 90s.  

That's being scored a triple for Paul O'Neill and a throwing error for Martinez.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, texanbychoice said:

It’s just you.

I'm not saying no one showed up but it only looked 80 or 85% full early on. 

Still looking at the same empty seats behind the plate that were there early on. 

19 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'm not saying no one showed up but it only looked 80 or 85% full early on. 

Still looking at the same empty seats behind the plate that were there early on. 

Those seats cost 17 million a piece and most of those people hang out in the lounge anyway 

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Those seats cost 17 million a piece and most of those people hang out in the lounge anyway 

It wasn't just those seats. But it's a big stadium and it's cold and a Monday and G1. 

On 10/9/2024 at 4:53 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Good job Vogt, Hedges was your last sad out. 

On 10/9/2024 at 5:01 PM, Beau Vine said:

Shit, I flipped over and was like, "That looks like Austin Hedges, but there's no way he'd be batting in the 9th if they're losing."  Lulz...

I didn't see the 8th, someone please tell me Bo Naylor was hurt. Because you never, ever PH with Austin fucking Hedges, period. 

• Drool 1