NFL Week 7

4 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Even given that completion I’m not sure that Wilson is really the answer to what ails the Steelers.

I hope I am mistaken but, I think the offensive line problems are still too big.

Tend to agree that the OL has struggled for a few years.  

Problem tonight looks like shitty tackling.

7 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I went to Pitt with Teryl Austin, the Steelers DC and I am amazed that he has not yet started to get some heat. This defense is so not clutch.

Been “not clutch” for many years.  Steelers need around a 14 point lead heading into the 4th quarter for a “guaranteed” win.  Seems like they always give up long drives late in the 4th.

2 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Been “not clutch” for many years.  Steelers need around a 14 point lead heading into the 4th quarter for a “guaranteed” win.  Seems like they always give up long drives late in the 4th.

I’m certainly not picking only on Teryl but, the offensive coordinators have gotten shit for years. This team is one of the worst 4-2 teams of the past 25 years. When we were in school Teryl was part of The Burnt Toast Patrol, the nickname we had for the secondary.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

My brother has been insisting that Tomlin is the problem.  Not convinced of that yet, but hiring of Arthur Smith surprised me.  I cannot tell if he’s bad or if he has a bad roster to deal with.  I feel like we are seeing PIckens peak years being squandered.

The Steelers have had a string of WRs that were, in my eyes, pretty talented, and their prime years (Antonio Brown being the exception) being wasted or not developed. I think there is no doubt that AB had Hall of Fame talent but, his bell was rung too many times and he just went goofy.

• Hook 'Em 1