Souf Carolina at OU SECN

WBT

I’ll give Arnold some credit. 99 out of 100 college football players with options take the redshirt year. It makes me think he and his camp think he can get his job back.

I think OU takes the Michigan-Harbaugh approach. Pray that Venables takes another job every offseason because they can’t buy him out. As I’ve said previously, I think OU purges his coaching staff and takes about 30 players in the portal. Dabo probably has a deep enough coaching tree to get him a half assed OC. I think the situation is so bjorked, they have to spend big on a portal QB. So Arnold will get screwed again. You hate to see it. 

2 things I’m watching: 1) Does Venables insist on keeping Bedenbaugh? 2) Does he retain Schmidt? If he does one or both, I think they’re doomed and he’ll set the program back a decade. 

• Drool 1

The Sports Animal is incredible right now.

https://www.thesportsanimal.com

“I don’t want to obliterate anybody but . . . [TE Bauer] Sharp is terrible.  He can’t block and can’t catch.  But other than that, he’s ok.”

”You lose a game like this at home . . . That’s how low this team has sunk.”

“You have the worst offense since John Blake.”

• Drool 1

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Yeah the conventional wisdom was he would shirt and portal out. Maybe they figure he will portal better if he plays some to show he isn't a complete shit show. He'll still have 2 years of eligibility. 

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

RJ Young and Ikard & Lehman YouTube channels will be🔥this week.

Ikard has been planting the seeds for throwing Littrell under the bus for Venables all season. “They really miss Lebby” every time he’s front of a microphone. 

If he buries Bedenbaugh, that’s a pretty good tell that everybody is gone. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Ikard has been planting the seeds for throwing Littrell under the bus for Venables all season. “They really miss Lebby” every time he’s front of a microphone. 

I enjoy listening to them and watching their film breakdowns.

I watch Young in hopes I’ll see his eyeballs pop out of their sockets.  Good chance after today …

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

To be fair to Ikard, Lebby is a good coach - I'm sure they do miss Lebby.  And they've had bad luck with the receivers.  But the real dumb decision was letting Gabriel walk.  I don't think any OC could salvage this situation.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Bookman said:

OU had more yards and more first downs. If the Sooners had scored TDs instead of the scoop and score and the pick six, this is a different ball game. Sooner fans should be patient until this thing flips. 

I agree.  BV will right the ship.  Just gotta give him a lot more time. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ll give Arnold some credit. 99 out of 100 college football players with options take the redshirt year. It makes me think he and his camp think he can get his job back.

I think OU takes the Michigan-Harbaugh approach. Pray that Venables takes another job every offseason because they can’t buy him out. As I’ve said previously, I think OU purges his coaching staff and takes about 30 players in the portal. Dabo probably has a deep enough coaching tree to get him a half assed OC. I think the situation is so bjorked, they have to spend big on a portal QB. So Arnold will get screwed again. You hate to see it. 

2 things I’m watching: 1) Does Venables insist on keeping Bedenbaugh? 2) Does he retain Schmidt? If he does one or both, I think they’re doomed and he’ll set the program back a decade. 

Lupita Nyongo Please GIF by Ovation TV