Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

Just now, Hermanator said:

I'm at least encouraged our defense is legit. That many short field shots at them by one of the best offenses in the country and only 23 pts given up is insane. 

Sark panicking and this offensive line getting destroyed is not encouraging. Every one of these fucks except Banks and Majors needs to return next season. They aren't ready. 

Yes but UGA receivers have a ton of drops

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Okay but why would it be the same feeling. Like I said we already beat OU. We don't need to win this game. We are in a 12 team playoff era.

I would agree with you if this game was as important as some of those you're referencing but it really isn't. 

I think you're being a bit too literal here... he's describing vibes not the consequences of having to win this game. 

Just now, ztejas said:

Okay but why would it be the same feeling. Like I said we already beat OU. We don't need to win this game. We are in a 12 team playoff era.

I would agree with you if this game was as important as some of those you're referencing but it really isn't. 

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you're looking too much into it.

I have the same feeling right now I had during those games. We brought a really good team into the game and they got completely dominated in a way I don't feel like they should have. Things went bad and then the snowball just seemed to roll downhill. 

I don't think it has to get much deeper than that.

1 minute ago, troph said:

No answers but panicking as a coach and pulling the 3 year starter for a freshman when the problem is the line of scrimmage - dominating with 4 and dropping 7 - is NOT how you win. Sark panicked just like his players. Not a good look. 

Quinn flat sucked and he wasn’t going to get better. When he doesn’t have it, he’s a net negative 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SL Xpress said:

I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you're looking too much into it.

I have the same feeling right now I had during those games. We brought a really good team into the game and they got completely dominated in a way I don't feel like they should have. Things went bad and then the snowball just seemed to roll downhill. 

I don't think it has to get much deeper than that.

Difference is I think there's a chance we come back. 

2 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

They are bringing pressure and playing man. We aren't winning 1v1s. Simple as that.

Not really. Cam Williams is rattled and missing blocks left and right now. If he blocked his man, maybe someone else could pick up blitz or the QB could make a read.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Perhaps he has a bit more time but we never saw a replay showing an open guy that he missed

That complete shitshow wasn't just OL or QB. Smart had all of Sarkisian's stuff locked down.

The misdirection screen is not fool proof anymore they sniffed that shit out.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yep the OL is the story in this game. Completely destroyed so far. Ewers made a bad read, Manning missed a guy, but Ewers got shellshocked and Manning is on his way because you can't play effective QB when you have half a second at the top of your drop. 

Kyle Flood will have a lot to answer for. This is the worst OL performance we've seen in a very long time.

The OL is absolutely underperforming, but Ewers is a 3rd year QB in this system and he should be able to handle it better. He has always been slow coming back into form from an injury and he never really got it all together against OU. So I was wondering if we would see him playing off in this game, and if so, how long it would take him to clear free of it. Sure, he got sacked, but this is football. Need to shrug it off and dial in at his level of experience. He's psychologically fragile and that's just the way it is. When he gets into his groove, he's damn good though. Arch can be excused for having to pick up his shoes and learning to tie them on the run.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, troph said:

No answers but panicking as a coach and pulling the 3 year starter for a freshman when the problem is the line of scrimmage - dominating with 4 and dropping 7 - is NOT how you win. Sark panicked just like his players. Not a good look. 

This isn't panic. Quinn needed to be benched.

Offensive line is getting pushed around but Quinn is playing like ass on top of the poor blocking.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1