Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

I’m encouraged by the second off if Sark has the guts to bench Ewers. Defense is legit, the turnovers, short fields and shitty punts resulted in most of their points. Defense gave up 1 TD in the second half. If we had average QB play, that’s a 1 score game with Texas having a shot to win at the end.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

i mean fuck, Texas D held them to under 300 ???

Texas D had their back against the wall that entire first half 

fuck me 

Texas D is legit. 

Texas O with Quinn ain't going anywhere with him in the driving seat. I only saw Bond catch like 1 or 2 passes. That's malpractice. That, and not goiback to Wingo deep. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, SL Xpress said:

I talked a lot of shit, that's for sure.

I don't foresee the result of this game changing my posting style. That's for sure.

Didn't you show your gaping pussy throughout the game thread, or was that someone else? Lol. 

I was right and you were wrong ex ante. Your posts get reps because you're masterful at playing to the crowd, like you need that validation. That's fine. I just find it hilarious.

• Fuck You 1

Quinn was garbage, but that’s because he was under fire all night. Oline got outworked, plain and simple.
Losing sucks, but nobody is going 16-0.  Go home, lick your wounds, and get ready for Vandy. 
This season is far from fucked..
Plenty of plays where the OL did enough but Ewers has zero pocket awareness and he made the OL look bad by bailing out and running outside.

We aren't going anywhere if he's our QB going forward. He's like 1-5 against the top 5 teams In his career. He's not the guy. Time to move on and see what Arch has for us.

• Hook 'Em 6

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sark could have given the second half to Manning, but if they came up short, he'd have a QB controversy. Instead, he gave Quinn the second half as if to say "if you can't do it, you're losing the starting job, beginning next week."

We'll see. It was the right call for Sark to pull Ewers and put Manning in. But the result showed that he's not a magic bullet and that's not surprising to anyone who isn't a reactionist football neophyte. He's good, and I think his ceiling is higher than Quinn's. Quinn is disappointing because it's his third year. He shouldn't be so susceptible to pressure at this stage. Even acknowledging that the OL didn't do their part tonight, he certainly didn't either. If he could have had maybe one more game to get back into pre-injury form, maybe he could have pulled it off. It shouldn't have taken more than the OU game, but clearly that wasn't enough.

But Kirby did what he needed to do in prepping his team for this game. His back was against the wall, and he pulled it off. Have to give him and his team credit.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I don't think the O line was the problem. I think it was weak play calling and Sark's inability to adjust to what GA threw at us. Having a mentally and physically hobble QB didn't help either. Sark sure didn't help Quinn any. 

you should never post about football again

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Plenty of plays where the OL did enough but Ewers has zero pocket awareness and he made the OL look bad by bailing out and running outside.

We aren't going anywhere if he's our QB going forward. He's like 1-5 against the top 5 teams In his career. He's not the guy. Time to move on and see what Arch has for us.

Carves up shitty teams but hit him in the mouth and he folds 

• Like 1

Just now, UTEE97 said:

I was right and you were wrong ex ante. Your posts get reps because you're masterful at playing to the crowd, like you need that validation. That's fine. I just find it hilarious.

I post what I think. You post your whining bullshit pathetic world view. Find hilarity wherever you wish. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Welp, that was an ass-kicking. Georgia was stronger in the trenches on both sides of the ball.

'Horns defense wasn't great but played well enough to win only to be let down by the offense and its punter.

Gotta throw some blame on Sark & Co., too, because Georgia seemed to have better game plans on offense and defense. They looked strong. Our 'Horns did not.

• Hook 'Em 2

Did DJ Campbell get benched?  Saw Hutson play most of the 2nd half from what I saw. 

this came down the the lines of scrimmage and the Texas OL got embarrassed.  I felt that the Texas defense held their own considering the constant short fields and terrible situations the offense put them in.  Defense for 3 turnovers and didn’t allow a single passing touchdowns. Had you told me that before the game, I would have bet on a Texas blow outs 

This game falls on the offensive line, Quinn, the RBs, and Sark.  Terrible game plan, terrible blocking, RBs dropping passes and bad Quinn showed up again.

With everything said, we took 2 out of 3 from Michigan, ou, Georgia.   I would have taken that every day before the season started.  Sucks because this was an embarrassing loss in front of the whole country after all the hype, but we have everything in front of us.  We’re going to find out what this team is made of bc there are a lot of teams that truly hate us left on the schedule.  Time to win out.

Hook ‘em!

• Hook 'Em 5

I like Quinn and he's a very good college QB but the NFL 1st round hype has always been nonsense and oversold his talents. Sark's offense makes him look better than he is. 

That said, he should still start the rest of this year unless/until we lose another game. Arch needs one more offseason to become the man. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

20 of our 28 completed passes tonight went to running backs or tight ends. Even when we had a clean pocket we couldn’t get anything going downfield. 

This is something Manning is undoubtedly better than Quinn at, Manning has a rocket arm. Quinn underthrows everything. He can't hit anyone in stride because they're constantly having to wait for the ball to come to them. Manning has better wheels too.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Firemans4Horn said:

20 of our 28 completed passes tonight went to running backs or tight ends. Even when we had a clean pocket we couldn’t get anything going downfield. 

Check down Charlie. I know people say no one was open down field but how do we know that without seeing the All-22 camera angle. 

• Hook 'Em 1