Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 hour ago, B00M said:

Tangentially, how long did we have to go without helmet comms because Georgia’s “stopped working” when they were on defense in the middle if the 1st quarter? We couldn’t do anything the rest of the half. 

We should have open tryouts for punting. The only positive I can say about that guy is he does not shank them, and that may be an improvement.

Oline got grudge fucked all night.

Quinn is still hurt.

Poor offensive coaching; should have concentrated on the center of the field with posts and slants and crossing, quick hitters. When we did throw to the center we moved the chains. This fucktard wr screen will not work against teams w speed. If they gonna keep blitzing the center then have to go over them short or around them w wheel routes, hb screen even some pitchouts. I agree w posters calling out Quinn not running. That said, our Oline was warmed chili squirts, dripping.

Defense held up for most of the game but can’t stop everything. 

32 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

Story of the game 

49 passes were attempted, so 57% of the time when Ewers or Manning dropped back, they had someone in their face disrupting their progression and throws.  Combine that with a 1.1 yard per rush average, and you get about the worst possible conditions for a QB to look worth a shit under.  I am not saying Ewers doesn’t have work to do or limitations to mitigate, but I don’t think you can give anyone on offense a true grade for last night other than offensive line.

IMG_7718.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Goredho said:

49 passes were attempted, so 57% of the time when Ewers or Manning dropped back, they had someone in their face disrupting their progression and throws.  Combine that with a 1.1 yard per rush average, and you get about the worst possible conditions for a QB to look worth a shit under.  I am not saying Ewers doesn’t have work to do or limitations to mitigate, but I don’t think you can give anyone on offense a true grade for last night other than offensive line.

IMG_7718.jpeg

Run game was closer to 4 yards a carry, if you cut out sacks 

• Hook 'Em 4

I’m trying not to be negative this morning. I know we are still in the hunt for the SEC championship and playoffs. But my god. That was just so fucking embarrassing and frustrating. It would be one thing if we lost on a last second fg or something. But no matter what kind of momentum we started to have, I knew we had no business winning that game with the way we played. It was just terrible. I’m not sure a rematch would look different either, unless Arch is the starter from the beginning 

Edited by SubliminalHorn

We played a bunch of shit teams. Zero wins against ranked opponents.

And we let OU hand UGA the blueprint for taking down our offense. Blitz early and often.

The QBs that had success against UGA were Milroe and Van Buren off Miss State because they can evade the pass rush and escape the pocket.

If you put a statue like Ewers back there they will feast. Plays directly into their strengths

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I’m trying not to be negative this morning. I know we are still in the hunt for the SEC championship and playoffs. But my god. That was just so fucking embarrassing and frustrating. It would be one thing if we lost on a last second fg or something. But no matter what kind of momentum we started to have, I knew we had no business winning that game with the way we played. It was just terrible. I’m not sure a rematch would look different either, unless Arch is the starter from the beginning 

We were never in that game.  Ever.  The score was WAY closer than the game and the score wasn't close.  It was like we were Michigan against us in September.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Quinn has the yips.
The OL got dominated.
The DL couldn’t create pressure anything like what GA’s DL could create.

Those three things are the story of the game, right?

Sheesh. Less than fun. Glad the wife and I didn’t spring for tix.

Their OL was spectacular at holding, they did a great job of wrapping up on our DL.   We need to incorporate that technique to slow down opposing pass rush and keep their arms down if refs aren’t calling it.   

Holding occurs on almost every play and refs won’t call them all or games would take 7 hours, so take notes and improve our technique

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I guess one reason I don't feel too bad is because basically every team has a pretty embarrassing loss already. Like Georgia let Bama come back on them after being up huge, the same Bama which got beat by Vandy. It's a different world of college football, I don't think there will be very many undefeated national champions again. Conferences are stacked with world beaters now, NIL makes everyone a lot more competitive, the season is longer than ever. Gotta adjust expectations or else it'll rip you up inside. This feels a lot different than when we lost at tech in 2008 and you had a feeling the season was over.

Another reason I guess I feel better is because our defense is still fucking awesome, and the team played hard until the end. If they had outright given up, I probably would feel a lot worse right now. Hopefully they can regroup and come back, because the season and goals are still there.

• Hook 'Em 6

12 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

The QBs that had success against UGA were Milroe and Van Buren off Miss State because they can evade the pass rush and escape the pocket.

Beating the drum again but that's exactly what Arch brings to the table. Going forward, I hope Sark designs some packages for Arch's talents just in case we ever need a "spark" again like we needed last night.

59 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Quinn has the yips.
The OL got dominated.
The DL couldn’t create pressure anything like what GA’s DL could create.

Those three things are the story of the game, right?

Sheesh. Less than fun. Glad the wife and I didn’t spring for tix.

I would add the missed tackles as well.  They chewed us up with swing passes and bubble screens on crucial plays.  That's what we usually do to people and they threw it right back in our face.  Hoisted by our own petard.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

We played a bunch of shit teams. Zero wins against ranked opponents.

And we let OU hand UGA the blueprint for taking down our offense. Blitz early and often.

If you put a statue like Ewers back there they will feast. Plays directly into their strengths

VY would have smoked GA last night.  We just need another one of him!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I guess one reason I don't feel too bad is because basically every team has a pretty embarrassing loss already. Like Georgia let Bama come back on them after being up huge, the same Bama which got beat by Vandy. It's a different world of college football, I don't think there will be very many undefeated national champions again. Conferences are stacked with world beaters now, NIL makes everyone a lot more competitive, the season is longer than ever. Gotta adjust expectations or else it'll rip you up inside. This feels a lot different than when we lost at tech in 2008 and you had a feeling the season was over.

Another reason I guess I feel better is because our defense is still fucking awesome, and the team played hard until the end. If they had outright given up, I probably would feel a lot worse right now. Hopefully they can regroup and come back, because the season and goals are still there.

that wasn't the way that game unfolded.

• Like 1

Offensive Line was the story of the game.  It didn't matter who we trotted out at QB, or what plays we called, when their D Line was absolutely wrecking every protection scheme we tried.  They whipped us, straight up.  They went around us.  They shoved us around like we were kindergartners against 8th graders.  Kyle Flood shat himself on the field in front of God and everybody.  It was embarrassing.  Hopefully it was a one time thing and serves as a necessary wakeup call about complacency.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

I don’t feel so bad this morning because everyone looked at the schedule and said “go 1-1 during the stretch of ou/uga” and we’ve done that. 

Our goals are still achievable. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I thought D showed up and played well. They were just put in bad spots with turnovers repeatedly that gave GA a short field. 

ST sucked with two stupid penalties and another ill advised run from out of EZ. Felt like this had O starting inside own 15 multiple times. 

Then Sark never figured way to punish GA aggressiveness. Early on it felt like Kirby knew the exact play Sark was calling 

Banks didn’t play near as bad as the announcers made it seem. He manhandled Walker once and threw him to the ground only to have Quinn run right into him and self sack. On the Ewers strip fumble, Banks rode the guy really deep and all Quinn had to do was step up slightly to avoid it but he fucked it up again. I know on the stat sheet what it’s gonna say but damn Quinn’s got zero pocket presence.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

We need more talent.  

Georgias monsters in the front 7 were the difference in the game.  Georgia has recruited there better than anyone.  

I thought our defense played great - but Georgia dropped probably 5-6 passes that would have most likely added another 7-10 points.  And their defense dropped another 2-3 interceptions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Pancho said:

Leggo

Texas Longhorns GIF by ESPN

16 hours ago, UTEX_ME said:

I think it is very interesting that you guys were a number one team.  UGA is still not healthy on offense or defense and we embarrassed you in your own building.  We lost our MOJO in the AL game, but you guys are so pathetic that we actually looked like a number one defense tonight.  BTW, your fans affected the refs tonight.  Your defensive guy initiated contact at the top of the route, while the ball was in the air and prevented him from finishing his route while the ball was in the air.  Look it up you FUGGING morons.  Then you show the college football world what JACKASSFANS look like.  No penalty for showing your ASSESON National TV...I used to have a lot of respect for TX and the PROGRAM...that SHITTTTT ended tonight.  WELCOME TO THE SEC BEOTCHES!  BETTER GET BETTER OR YOU GOT A FEW MORE L's coming your way.  YOUR TEAM REALLY is not very good.  We are not where we need to be and we smoked your ayusses in your own building even with refs throwing out players right and left for shoulder hits and FUGGING up a PI call.  The Big 12 fans are correct...you and OU are arsehats and deserve everything you get.  Again, welcome to a real conference you POS fan base.

• Fuck You 20

1 hour ago, EuroHorn said:

Hopefully this is a wake up call for the rest of the season.  OU and Michigan wins had us thinking we were way above the rest.  Turns out we had good wins against two mediocre teams.  The remainder of the season is not going to be a cake walk. 

Remember, those teams have to play us, too. Not a cakewalk.

Just now, Nope said:

Did I just miss it on the broadcast, or did the turnover sword take the week off? Why choose this week to turn down the swagger?

You missed it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Banks didn’t play near as bad as the announcers made it seem. He manhandled Walker once and threw him to the ground only to have Quinn run right into him and self sack. On the Ewers strip fumble, Banks rode the guy really deep and all Quinn had to do was step up slightly to avoid it but he fucked it up again. I know on the stat sheet what it’s gonna say but damn Quinn’s got zero pocket presence.

Don’t underestimate the mindfuck that early blindside strip sack had on Quinn. My guess is he couldn’t shake that fear, and UGA defense was just relentless. Even when they weren’t in the backfield, he played poorly because he felt constant heat and it clouded his decision making. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

We were never in that game.  Ever.  The score was WAY closer than the game and the score wasn't close.  It was like we were Michigan against us in September.

Disagree. After our 8 play 55 yard scoring drive to open the thrid , we forced a punt on their next drive. 

We followed that up with a 9 play drive to the GA 29 yard line, and instead of taking the 3 points and making the score 23-11, Sark ran on 3rd and 5 for a loss of two and then went for it on 4th and 8 and turned it over on downs. That’s two scores in a row, all the momentum, but instead took the air out of the stadium and let Georgia regroup. 

Sarks lack of urgency and clock management in the second half was costly. 

First half D plan to not bring pressure and also leave men uncovered at the line of scrimmage was bold but ineffective 

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Treefidy said:

Their OL was spectacular at holding, they did a great job of wrapping up on our DL.   We need to incorporate that technique to slow down opposing pass rush and keep their arms down if refs aren’t calling it.   

Holding occurs on almost every play and refs won’t call them all or games would take 7 hours, so take notes and improve our technique

funny how fans never see their own oline holding

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

3) Sark won't alter his script when the one he drew up is floundering terribly. He waited until we were down 3 scores to do so late in the 2nd. That's too late against good teams. 

This was why we lost to Washington in the Sugar Bowl but god forbid you are talking truth the surly fart sniffers are gonna come after ya

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1