Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

53 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I don’t think GA could have named their score. It’s not like they weren’t trying.

this.  even, assuming we hold them to FG's in the first half we gifted them 12 points on deep in territory TO's and a shitty punt gave them another 3.  they turned 2 of those gifts into an extra 8 points.

They could do little on O with a full field.

We were just so fucking awful on O we completely gave away any chance to win and still were within one score late into second half.

This was nothing like the Michigan ass blasting.  This was a comedy of errors/choke job by the O and in particular our QB and somewhat our OL.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Not getting another Sanborn was a pretty sizable and preventable roster fuckup. 2 weeks in a row we’ve dug a massive first quarter field position hole with lame duck punts while the other team consistently bombs 50+ with great hang. 

yep.  combined with the TO's the field position battle won the game for Georgia.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I opened the statement to see who signed it. Jahdae Barron wasn't one of them.

I texted my SEC/Aggie acquaintances after this…..  “So in the SEC, throwing shit on the field works.  Note taken.”  

Students were assholes and it ended up not mattering but it’s a bad look and the sequence of events isn’t a great precedent even if they were going to overrule the call anyway.  

And Kirby can still get fucked for his post game comments.  

Given the new reality of college football, everyone should be over it.

No I’ve punted my wife’s favorite cat outside and beat my dumb ass Bassett with a belt for eating cat shit. I should probably be arrested, but I digress. At least I ain’t on the roads, because SA driving lately has brought the near road rage! People don’t yield like they’re supposed to.

Hook’em!!’
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

I texted my SEC/Aggie acquaintances after this…..  “So in the SEC, throwing shit on the field works.  Note taken.”  

Students were assholes and it ended up not mattering but it’s a bad look and the sequence of events isn’t a great precedent even if they were going to overrule the call anyway.  

And Kirby can still get fucked for his post game comments.  

Spoken like a dude who watches his girl get fucked by other dudes.  Stfu. This soft ass we are Texas we are better than this shit is why we’ve been fucked up and down the field for decade plus. People fucked up and society needs to let them know they fucked up. This shit is every day occurance refs fucking entire seasons up 

Edited by Sgt Hulk
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Spoken like a dude who watches his girl get fucked by other dudes.  Stfu. 

Fuck off. It’s always dumb. We aren’t fucking El Tri fans.  I guess it worked this time. No harm no foul. But throwing shit on the field is more likely to put us another 15 yards back in the future.  If we got it out of our system, it worked perfectly.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Fuck off. It’s always dumb. We aren’t fucking El Tri fans.  I guess it worked this time. No harm no foul. But throwing shit on the field is more likely to put us another 15 yards back in the future.  If we got it out of our system, it worked perfectly.  

Worth it?

image.gif.79c328ef971d7bd7ec86066505c4e91e.gif

Edited by ChickenSandwich
  • Like 2

Do our fans deserve to face some criticism today? Sure, but that was an absolutely horrendous call at a key point in the game. This was #1 vs #5 in a high stakes game. That kind of ineptitude on the part of the officials shouldn’t be tolerated either. Btw, Kirby was lobbying for holding before the call was made and probably influenced the first fuck up so he can fuck his own face.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m totally over it. I was over it before the final seconds ticked off since that game does nothing to keep us out of a 12 team playoff. 

This is the way. It will be interesting to see how many undefeated NC’s we see going forward as teams start to take the NFL approach to game planning and managing playing time. Better to try to be set up to enter December playing well and healthy with some plays in your back pocket instead of throwing everything against the wall for an October win.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, SuckitKevin said:

Do our fans deserve to face some criticism today? Sure, but that was an absolutely horrendous call at a key point in the game. This was #1 vs #5 in a high stakes game. That kind of ineptitude on the part of the officials shouldn’t be tolerated either. Btw, Kirby was lobbying for holding before the call was made and probably influenced the first fuck up so he can fuck his own face.

I would have preferred that they kept it to really, really loud dissent and not throwing anything on the field. Did the lobbed missiles make the difference? I don't know, but sustained, really loud volume may have done the trick.

Kirby did a masterful job preparing his team for this coup on the road, but he is also a classless ass.

16 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m totally over it. I was over it before the final seconds ticked off since that game does nothing to keep us out of a 12 team playoff. 

There were huge recruiting stakes involved though. Difficult to predict to what degree it negatively impacts us, but Georgia only helped themselves with how it played out. Us, not so much. Onward we march, one game at a time is all we can do.

51 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

No I’ve punted my wife’s favorite cat outside and beat my dumb ass Bassett with a belt for eating cat shit. I should probably be arrested, but I digress. At least I ain’t on the roads, because SA driving lately has brought the near road rage! People don’t yield like they’re supposed to.

Hook’em!!’

Now you're bringing the real issues in here. Driving like shit is the worst part after a loss. Fucking monkeys driving around cutting people off. 

BTW, how's your Basset? He still eating that cat shit? 

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

I opened the statement to see who signed it. Jahdae Barron wasn't one of them.

Say what you want UT, if the students didn't do what we all were thinking, that bullshit call would have stood. We need to be better as fans, but that call was absolute horse shit. 

• Like 1

It wasn't just Georgia's "SEC speed" matching ours, they were well coached too.  Put yourself in Kirby/Muschamp's shoes:

• Texas has a QB1 who is not a run threat at all and has pulled the ball on RPOs maybe once this year.
  • Texas has a QB1 who either can't or won't throw deep (e.g. beyond 20 yards).
  • Texas has no between the tackles run game.

WTF would you do?  I'd have my safeties and LB close the middle of the field intermediate throws, jump immediately on the check downs, use my speed to cover the edge runs, and let me D-line talent cook.  Which is exactly what they did.  The only time we executed on O was when we were bailed out by multiple targeting or facemask 15 yard penalties, or QE tossed up a prayer and Helm got it. 

Against any defense we outclass skillwise, it works.  And if we could fix one or two of the bullet points above, we'd actually be dangerous to a high-skill defense and they'd need to respect it and couldn't just jump the checkdowns and flats.  But we don't adjust and throw slants I guess b/c we're worried about INTs?  Gotta fix one of those 3 things next time we see a high level D.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

If people want to throw $10 bottles of water onto the field, it must be pretty aggregious, and I say "go for it".

Every ref or almost every ref on that field, I think, can stop play and say, "hold on, shit head, you just made a terrible call. Let's look at it." none of them did.

So if one of those bottles had knocked a ref unconscious, I say "It's about time." We've got to get better in our aim though. Is there a stadium where we can practice?

If you want to change something, make those fucking refs responsible for bad calls. Hold their balls to the fire

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, sith_horn said:

I would have preferred that they kept it to really, really loud dissent and not throwing anything on the field. Did the lobbed missiles make the difference? I don't know, but sustained, really loud volume may have done the trick.

Kirby did a masterful job preparing his team for this coup on the road, but he is also a classless ass.

There were huge recruiting stakes involved though. Difficult to predict to what degree it negatively impacts us, but Georgia only helped themselves with how it played out. Us, not so much. Onward we march, one game at a time is all we can do.

The outcome of one game means nothing in the recruiting game.  If it did, aggy would never sign anyone.

38 minutes ago, mdleast said:

It Just Means More

We wouldn't be in this situation if 1) fans wouldn't act like idiots, and 2) the idiots refs would have called an equal game instead letting Georgia just hold the fuck out of our players and quite literally putting their arms around the necks of our players. 

Maybe it was just this crew, but this  ref bullshit has to stop. The holding shit has to stop. This is Big XII kind of shit. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock

8 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

We wouldn't be in this situation if 1) fans wouldn't act like idiots, and 2) the idiots refs would have called an equal game instead letting Georgia just hold the fuck out of our players and quite literally putting their arms around the necks of our players. 

Maybe it was just this crew, but this  ref nmshit has to stop. The holding shit has to stop. This is Big XII kind of shit. 

Seriously, it's like you guys never watched a SEC game, holding is legal including dbacks holding, and faking injuries is always a thing. 

The only surprising thing was the targeting calls.

• Like 1

Fuck the refs I have zero complaints for the students. We were sold a conference of equals, that was a protect the old guard SEC butt fucking. One of the worst calls I have EVER seen and match it with what was being called back and it’s top 5 worst calls of my lifetime. The SEC needs to fine the refs too. Fuck em. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

This reminds me a lot of how we buttfucked Alabama in Tuscaloosa last year. They got their shit together and damn near made the championship game. I think Georgia did the same to us- showed us our warts (Ewers). Hopefully Sark learns from this and does a better job of getting his team prepared to play a great team.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

QE played like shit there isn’t a player or coach on offense that should be allowed to go free on this. Abysmal performance. QE was scared and his coach fed off that too. Sark’s job is not to be terrified when a 20 something player is. I saw that terrified look in QE’s eyes and thought oh no. I saw that terrified look in sark’s eyes and knew we were in deep shit. The thing is when you panic you can’t think. Sark’s job is to solve the problem. He couldn’t he was scared shitless too.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So I assume there is something seriously wrong with the J. Cook situation. Didn’t make a catch again. Very disappointing. 

Well the starting QB can’t throw down field or slants.  Plus, they brought in three equal if not better upperclassman receivers. 

1 hour ago, troph said:

QE played like shit there isn’t a player or coach on offense that should be allowed to go free on this. Abysmal performance. QE was scared and his coach fed off that too. Sark’s job is not to be terrified when a 20 something player is. I saw that terrified look in QE’s eyes and thought oh no. I saw that terrified look in sark’s eyes and knew we were in deep shit. The thing is when you panic you can’t think. Sark’s job is to solve the problem. He couldn’t he was scared shitless too.

Overdramatic much?

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Overdramatic much?

I won't speak to Trophs thoughts on Sark, but otherwise.... did you watch the fucking game? Looked at the offensive stat lines? Cause... not even a tiny bit overdramatic.

19 minutes ago, Matagorda said:

Well the starting QB can’t throw down field or slants.  Plus, they brought in three equal if not better upperclassman receivers. 

And wide receivers definitely weren't the issue last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

I stopped watching at halftime. So on what page does the water bottle incident happen?

This showed up for a brief moment: (can not help myself, I'm obsessed and not in a healthy way) find her. She showed up just post water bottle

20241019_212555.thumb.jpg.f9a3cbf6a48e96f43f250b09b28a975d.jpg

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1