Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

3 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Say what you want UT, if the students didn't do what we all were thinking, that bullshit call would have stood. We need to be better as fans, but that call was absolute horse shit. 

I don't approve....but at the time I was definitely:

4c4bz4zncm661.thumb.png.f2c3ec0caab8d0c8315d795a7a698de6.png

Just now, T-shirt Sip said:

Don’t want to get that neg. This is all I saw. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP88aDQr9/

You're a god damn hero, that's what you are my man.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Don’t want to get that neg. This is all I saw. 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZP88aDQr9/

Kieramayer

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

BJ hell.. that one I'd probably marry.. cause I'm sure she's into middle aged guys with average build and middle class money. 

I'm In! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

If people want to throw $10 bottles of water onto the field, it must be pretty aggregious, and I say "go for it".

Every ref or almost every ref on that field, I think, can stop play and say, "hold on, shit head, you just made a terrible call. Let's look at it." none of them did.

So if one of those bottles had knocked a ref unconscious, I say "It's about time." We've got to get better in our aim though. Is there a stadium where we can practice?

If you want to change something, make those fucking refs responsible for bad calls. Hold their balls to the fire

this specific call was not accidental or "bad"

it was intentional

our punishment has nothing to do with safety on the field or off (see: smart, kirby)

we are being punished because this incident leaves a permanent marker that can't be forgotten or erased

the league can't tolerate markers exposing the fix is in

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

but that's their look almost all the time

I've actually wondered why Sarkisian is never over there in those moments. Smart and Saban are and were frequently seen coaching up their defense. It seems that during games Sarkisian is never over there, but he's not that important to our defense I wouldn't think. 

10 hours ago, mdmost said:

Yeah, watching live it looked to me like Ewers made the OL look a lot worse than it was. To be clear, Georgia still won the LOS but the OL competed. Wisner found 3-4 ypc and there were plenty of instances of Ewers self sacking or pressuring with functional or even good protection.

I'm not surprised the game was too fast for Arch but Ewers looking like this is inexplicable. Everything is still in front of Texas but it won't be for much longer if the passing game continues to be neutered by the performance of the quarterback,

Defense acquitted itself well in general, but the Texas offense is regressing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It was astonishingly stupid for Sark to just give Arch scraps instead of letting him get into rhythm during the 2nd half. It's like he wants to sabotage Arch's growth. We go to fucking Columbus next year in week 2, and he's not getting any meaningful playing time when we all know Quinn is still hurt? The fuck?

12 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

Hopefully this is a wake up call for the rest of the season.  OU and Michigan wins had us thinking we were way above the rest.  Turns out we had good wins against two mediocre teams.  The remainder of the season is not going to be a cake walk. 

The entirety of the remaining schedule is mediocre teams. Texas is still going to rack up a lot of wins and possibly win out.

This team is not a serious championship contender in its current state though. Not consistent enough at the QB position. Will never win 3-4 playoff games.

3 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

It was astonishingly stupid for Sark to just give Arch scraps instead of letting him get into rhythm during the 2nd half. It's like he wants to sabotage Arch's growth. We go to fucking Columbus next year in week 2, and he's not getting any meaningful playing time when we all know Quinn is still hurt? The fuck?

That sub was pretty clearly about trying to settle Quinn Ewers. The game was very obviously too fast for Arch. Sark likely knew that would be the case but gave it a shot anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Yeah, watching live it looked to me like Ewers made the OL look a lot worse than it was. To be clear, Georgia still won the LOS but the OL competed. Wisner found 3-4 ypc and there were plenty of instances of Ewers self sacking or pressuring with functional or even good protection.

I'm not surprised the game was too fast for Arch but Ewers looking like this is inexplicable. Everything is still in front of Texas but it won't be for much longer if the passing game continues to be neutered by the performance of the quarterback,

Defense acquitted itself well in general, but the Texas offense is regressing.

This is where Milroe hurt GA when they played.  He'd just take off, move the chains, and keep the drive going.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GTJ1982 said:

If Blue isn’t going to get any carries then e we need to get Gibson some plays.  Love Wisner but he isn’t a carry the load back.  Still don’t know what Gibson did to stop getting playing time.  

Gibson had a couple of pass blocking gaffes when he last saw action 

9 hours ago, msucolt45 said:

When the opponents defense is coming in hot, Arch gives us a chance with his legs to get a positive gain. Quinn just really won’t pull the trigger and took the “R” out of the RPO offense. They know he isn’t going to run.

Hook’em!!!

This is not how Sark's RPO offense works. The R is a hand off 99% of the time, it is not a QB run.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Good QB play overcomes pressure. Bad QB play gets eaten up by it. It's the most important position in football for a reason. 

I’d argue differently.  Qb ratings, numbers, grades plummet generally speaking under pressure.  Many QBs can handle one man pressures but collapsing pockets with multiple pressure points is a different story.  There’s a point at which a QB can’t overcome it.

Go back to that Bucs-Chiefs Super Bowl.  The better QB lost because of that shitshow around him.

The other night we had a lot of 1 man pressures; however, it was very effective because we didn’t identify the quick read on at least two of them.

But in my opinion the pressure was too heavy to make it easy, but it was not so overwhelming that we didn’t miss opportunities that could have been made.

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I’d argue differently.  Qb ratings, numbers, grades plummet generally speaking under pressure.  Many QBs can handle one man pressures but collapsing pockets with multiple pressure points is a different story.  There’s a point at which a QB can’t overcome it.

Go back to that Bucs-Chiefs Super Bowl.  The better QB lost because of that shitshow around him.

The other night we had a lot of 1 man pressures; however, it was very effective because we didn’t identify the quick read on at least two of them.

But in my opinion the pressure was too heavy to make it easy, but it was not so overwhelming that we didn’t miss opportunities that could have been made.

Quinn moved INTO the pressure Saturday night. UGA front 7 fucking brought it all night, but the OL didn't play terribly. There was a pocket most of the time, and he didn't play in it. 

Only good thing today is I didn't waste $700-$1000 on a ticket.  Wallet is marked safe.

But everything else still sucks.

I did drive into Austin on Sat afternoon to tailgate with my buddies and watch it on the TV....who knew I was going to see more election commercials than UT completions.  I drove back to H-town near the end of the 4th. Quickest Austin trip ever.

I haven't rewatched any of the game but my first thought was: "the offensive line is getting smoked". I still think that was the case most of the time. Doesn't help that Quinn was also making some bad decisions, guess that happens when someone is in your face all night. The Georgia game plan was perfect and they played it flawlessly on defense. Sark was out-coached and their defense out-played our offense. It happens. Sucks, but it happens. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Dignan said:

I haven't rewatched any of the game but my first thought was: "the offensive line is getting smoked". I still think that was the case most of the time. Doesn't help that Quinn was also making some bad decisions, guess that happens when someone is in your face all night. The Georgia game plan was perfect and they played it flawlessly on defense. Sark was out-coached and their defense out-played our offense. It happens. Sucks, but it happens. 

QE held on the ball WAY too long.  Quick plays getting our players in space.  Stepping up, into the pocket and small gain QB runs.  Once GA knew the team couldn't run, they were able to tee off.  

15 minutes ago, Dignan said:

other teams will attempt similar scheme but they don't have the athletes georgia does to implement. 

• Hook 'Em 1