Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

17 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Quinn moved INTO the pressure Saturday night. UGA front 7 fucking brought it all night, but the OL didn't play terribly. There was a pocket most of the time, and he didn't play in it. 

No, they didn’t play terribly.  The two strip sacks were Oline issues.  The over/crossing route to Wingo was made more difficult due to pressure when Helm missed.  Arch getting sacked the play before the strip sack was terrible blocking.  Overall, I don’t think there was immense pressure and there were even clean pockets.  All things considered the pass pro was decent.  They did get beat a few times that we hadn’t seen this year that killed those plays however.

QB play wasn’t good, but it was only partly attributable to pressure.  That sack at the 1 I don’t really even consider that pressure. The dude was 10 yards upfield on the ground.

in general terms, lots of pressure will kill you.  In this particular game, I don’t think there was tons of pressure but more fits of it.  The QBs just didn’t do a good job overall.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

No, they didn’t play terribly.  The two strip sacks were Oline issues.  The over/crossing route to Wingo was made more difficult due to pressure when Helm missed.  Arch getting sacked the play before the strip sack was terrible blocking.  Overall, I don’t think there was immense pressure and there were even clean pockets.  All things considered the pass pro was decent.  They did get beat a few times that we hadn’t seen this year that killed those plays however.

QB play wasn’t good, but it was only partly attributable to pressure.  That sack at the 1 I don’t really even consider that pressure. The dude was 10 yards upfield on the ground.

in general terms, lots of pressure will kill you.  In this particular game, I don’t think there was tons of pressure but more fits of it.  The QBs just didn’t do a good job overall.

The Arch sack prior to the strip sack was a bad Sack.. Arch made a freshmen decision to try to out-run a NFL LB. He needed to just throw that away. The interesting thing was I am pretty sure the sack was made by the spy. That is a big advantage for Arch. By the 2nd drive Georgia went to a spy.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

This bull crap is all over social media! And of course I live in a town full of Aggie. But they should have reviewed the call regardless of the bottles. Because it was a turnover and they got it wrong the first time. But throwing a bottles not very classy at all but you know what George defense did it before and I recall the year that the Aggie Cadet decided it would be okay to shovel horse shit on our band. He was actually arrested.

Quinn moved INTO the pressure Saturday night. UGA front 7 fucking brought it all night, but the OL didn't play terribly. There was a pocket most of the time, and he didn't play in it. 

Maybe we watched a different game, but I saw Cam Williams get beat and play himself out of position like Christian Jones used to do. Or D-lineman jumping up to bat down a pass while our o-lineman stood there ready to play patty-cake.

They were very bad. The jump shifts from Georgia should have been expected and done right back at them.

Coaching sucked the most.

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

If you rewatch the strip sack on Quinn, Banks takes the edge rusher deep and Quinn just needs to step up slightly to avoid him but doesn’t. That’s not on Banks imo.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, SuckitKevin said:

If you rewatch the strip sack on Quinn, Banks takes the edge rusher deep and Quinn just needs to step up slightly to avoid him but doesn’t. That’s not on Banks imo.

Sarkisian just said it was a "communication error."

Ewers thought the rusher was going to be picked up by a blocker. He clearly was not.

2 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

QE held on the ball WAY too long.  Quick plays getting our players in space.  Stepping up, into the pocket and small gain QB runs.  Once GA knew the team couldn't run, they were able to tee off.  

As usual, there's a little more to it than him holding the ball.  His pocket presence needs work but we had a fuck load of problems at all levels on offense.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Codaxx said:

The Arch sack prior to the strip sack was a bad Sack.. Arch made a freshmen decision to try to out-run a NFL LB. He needed to just throw that away. The interesting thing was I am pretty sure the sack was made by the spy. That is a big advantage for Arch. By the 2nd drive Georgia went to a spy.

Yeah, he should have thrown it away.  

I’d hope that he anticipated Golden being open to the inside given UGAs alignment.  But he didn’t.  I’m not saying it was easy not not impossible to identify presnap either.

The drive before he went deep for Bond with Golden wide open across the middle.  Similar route to what QE hit in opening drive 3Q.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SuckitKevin said:

That could be.  I’m sure I can away thinking he could have run him deeper but didn’t really see how deep the QB was.

As others mentioned it could be a communication issue.  I’m not seeing how but if Sark says so, maybe it was.

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Yeah, he should have thrown it away.  

I’d hope that he anticipated Golden being open to the inside given UGAs alignment.  But he didn’t.  I’m not saying it was easy not not impossible to identify presnap either.

The drive before he went deep for Bond with Golden wide open across the middle.  Similar route to what QE hit in opening drive 3Q.  

At this point there is no perfect answer. I will say I like that Arch was stepping up to throw. His mistakes are correctable. Does not take a lot of scrambles to realize you cant out-run NFL Lbs like it is High School.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Bevoette said:

This bull crap is all over social media! And of course I live in a town full of Aggie. But they should have reviewed the call regardless of the bottles. Because it was a turnover and they got it wrong the first time. But throwing a bottles not very classy at all but you know what George defense did it before and I recall the year that the Aggie Cadet decided it would be okay to shovel horse shit on our band. He was actually arrested.

YARN | Go back to your shanties | Happy Gilmore (1996) | Video gifs by  quotes | 95fc5332 | 紗

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

At this point there is no perfect answer. I will say I like that Arch was stepping up to throw. His mistakes are correctable. Does not take a lot of scrambles to realize you cant out-run NFL Lbs like it is High School.

He has the tools and the groundwork is laid.  The best of the best don’t always make the correct choice so certainly he won’t either.

10 hours ago, GTJ1982 said:

If Blue isn’t going to get any carries then e we need to get Gibson some plays.  Love Wisner but he isn’t a carry the load back.  Still don’t know what Gibson did to stop getting playing time.  

I don't he did anything wrong, I think Sark put the cart before the horse when be saw Wisner and Blue kind of look goof against shitty defenses, and figured they could get open vs Georgia, or move the ball between the tackles, which was dumb af. By the time it was too late Sark panicked (imo) and didn't want to put Gibson in a no-win situation. We'll probably see more of him going forward. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Well, that sucked but, honestly, we were probably due for it. As someone else said, I predicted us to lose this one before the season. And I'm proud of the way the defense hung in there. There are definitely things on O that worry me going forward. Hopefully, we don't see more of those previously uncharacteristic drops from guys like Moore. And I do think we can play with that team if we get some better performances on offense (and a better overall game plan)

If nothing else, maybe Saturday helped dissuade Cam Williams away from the insane notion that he should leave for the draft this year. Dude got his ass handed to him and clearly needs another season here. That goes for DJ Campbell too, considering there was talk that all five of our OL starters could declare after this year

• Like 1

I usually level off after a loss pretty soon. I'm getting more pissed the further we get from the game. I've rewatched as much as I can stand and it's fucking worse than I remember it. It was such a fucking garbage tier showing. 

A few bright spots happened to be both Gunnar and Juan having solid games. 

• Hook 'Em 5

It all flows through Quinn. If he's on, we'll be okay. If he's off, he's falling off a cliff and the defense has to try to keep us in it. This is why I said before that I'm ready to move from the Quinn era. If he can get his shit together and play well then great. Maybe he'll figure it out and the year can end nicely. If he has a repeat of last Saturday then it's time to just cut your losses and see what Arch can do as you're out of the SEC title chase at that point and probably the playoff. You know what Quinn can do and his limitations. I shudder to think how OU would've turned out had he not hit the crossing route in the 4th series that finally got him going. His slow starts are killing us. I don't fault Sark for one second in pulling Quinn on Saturday. It needed to happen. Let's hope he starts out good against Vandy or we're in for a long day. The running game needs to unfuck itself. 

• Hook 'Em 1

All of you sadist re-watching the game are true heroes. I can't bring myself to do it. It's unhealthy for my anxiety. 

1 hour ago, campcrunk said:

Well, that sucked but, honestly, we were probably due for it. As someone else said, I predicted us to lose this one before the season. And I'm proud of the way the defense hung in there. There are definitely things on O that worry me going forward. Hopefully, we don't see more of those previously uncharacteristic drops from guys like Moore. And I do think we can play with that team if we get some better performances on offense (and a better overall game plan)

If nothing else, maybe Saturday helped dissuade Cam Williams away from the insane notion that he should leave for the draft this year. Dude got his ass handed to him and clearly needs another season here. That goes for DJ Campbell too, considering there was talk that all five of our OL starters could declare after this year

In all fairness to Moore, he and shit balls thrown to him, and especially the one that was like 2 yards in front of him. He's a clutch player who knows what routes to run. I don't blame him ome bit. 

Also, they threw to Wingo like 2 times, and one of them resulted in a penalty on UGA. If they had tried to do it again, I have no doubt Wingo would have caught one and housed it. What shit show for Quinn. He tried to target other WR's but was rattled and was scared, which made the situation all the more frustrating. Not to mention he could barely get the ball to Blue and Wisner, but was either overthrown, or dropped. 

Blue did have 2 nice runs, but Sark idiotically tried square peg, round hole with trying to run two smaller backs north-south, which they can't do. He should have gone with Gibson since that's his specialty, but alas, he went full idiot and panicked. 

Second half was better, but we weren't coming back. Defense was nails and I have no problems other than they couldn't catch a break. Getting Charles, Sharma, Terry, and Mbatchu + someone else (hopefully Mathis) will help immensely. Terry, much like Simmons, can come in and compete early. We still have Bryant who can take the next step, maybe Mitchell if he's still on the team, January, and a few others to help with the D; and we obviously need a few portal guys. 

1 hour ago, utexas8 said:

I told my 3year old I’m sad that the “hook em horns” lost and she told me she’s gonna go find them.

I’ll report back.

Give her a knife so she can say "Am I gonna have to cut you?" 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, immamac said:

I usually level off after a loss pretty soon. I'm getting more pissed the further we get from the game. I've rewatched as much as I can stand and it's fucking worse than I remember it. It was such a fucking garbage tier showing. 

You are sadistic.   I shut off all sports. ESPN etc to avoid highlights anything related to the game 

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

You are sadistic.   I shut off all sports. ESPN etc to avoid highlights anything related to the game 

You and me both. I think I'll have to wait a week until after Vandy before I can watch again, assuming we beat the ever loving shit out of them with our players being pissed off enough to fucking send Pavia to the stretcher so he can recover and not play another down for our game. Sark HAS to be better and adjust instead of doing the same shit people have figured out. We simply don't have the talent at WR yet to do what he wants. Next season we'll have 4 former 5 star WR'S assuming Cook comes back. 

1 hour ago, immamac said:

gonna be ok.   Got out coached and outplayed.  Next game let’s go! 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

The more I see I actually feel better - Ewers fucking blew this game but the o-line was pretty decent vs the best front 7 in football, the D was damn good. Sark called a bad game but part of that looks bad because Ewers shit the bed  

One trend about this team though seems to becoming more undisciplined. Penalties are increasing, missed blocks are seemingly increasing, and special teams is a tire fire. 

The running game is an issue though. A competent running game might've been able to keep us in the game better and not put it all on Quinn who didn't have it. Wisner had a terrible game and the drop absolutely killed any chance to claw back into the game in the first half. Sark needs to get that figured out as well. You have to run the ball if Quinn sucks but you also have to run the ball to help him not suck. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The running game is an issue though. A competent running game might've been able to keep us in the game better and not put it all on Quinn who didn't have it. Wisner had a terrible game and the drop absolutely killed any chance to claw back into the game in the first half. Sark needs to get that figured out as well. You have to run the ball if Quinn sucks but you also have to run the ball to help him not suck. 

the definition of game manager

1 minute ago, Surly Bevo said:

I don't this Georgia was ever called for a false start in the game....with the noise, that was impressive.  Meanwhile we jumped all over the place.  

We've been doing that all year though. The lack of discipline on the line has killed many drives. 

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Sark abandoned the run after about 12 min of game time, it seemed like. Blue shoulda gotten more carries but they prolly woulda stopped him also. 

I cant stomach the rewatch, but it seemed like from my section that they were destroying our line with 4, definitely not more than 5 players, right?

Just now, mdmost said:

We've been doing that all year though. The lack of discipline on the line has killed many drives. 

I noticed most of the false starts this year happen when Quinn is in the game. I don’t remember Arch getting many false starts in his 2 games. 

JMO but I think playing against a D with athletes on par with or above our own, or anything we’ve seen up ‘til this point was kind of a surprise (even if they thought they were expecting it). It took the first half to learn from and adjust to. Hopefully it shouldn’t happen anymore or at least to the same degree going forward. They need to be pissed off about it and play that way the rest of the season.

Edited by Wishbone
  • Hook 'Em 1