Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

51 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

You are sadistic.   I shut off all sports. ESPN etc to avoid highlights anything related to the game 

I believe masochistic is the word you fellas are looking for here.  Making someone else watch the game would be sadistic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 7:10 PM, BurntEyes said:

This showed up for a brief moment: (can not help myself, I'm obsessed and not in a healthy way) find her. She showed up just post water bottle

20241019_212555.thumb.jpg.f9a3cbf6a48e96f43f250b09b28a975d.jpg

The two knives in her garter belt and cowgirl boot match.  True, you will enjoy watching her tight ass when you wake up in the motel….until you realize she’s walking out and you’re in a bathtub full of ice without a kidney.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

We gave up seven sacks, 11 TFLs, and RBs had 27 carries for 64 yards. It’s possible to say that a unit had a bad game without saying that they ‘suck’. Our OL had a bad game, just like every other unit on offense…

Doesn’t fit the narrative. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

We gave up seven sacks, 11 TFLs, and RBs had 27 carries for 64 yards. It’s possible to say that a unit had a bad game without saying that they ‘suck’. Our OL had a bad game, just like every other unit on offense…

It’d be cool if someone with PFF levels of free time went through the film to see how many were actually the OL’s fault

34 minutes ago, jw4381 said:

I'm going with the rumor that some sort of virus bug when through the Horns' locker room last week. Feel like shit, play like shit, look like shit on the sidelines.

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ewers pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Edited by Gene Parmesan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Gene Parmesan said:

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ewers pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

5 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

YARN | Thank you, Simone. -No problem whatsoever. | Ferris Bueller's ...

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Gatorubet said:

The two knives in her garter belt and cowgirl boot match.  True, you will enjoy watching her tight ass when you wake up in the motel….until you realize she’s walking out and you’re in a bathtub full of ice without a kidney.

If I got to have sex with her first...  I don't need my damn spare kidney man. Or.. in property Surly parlance 

Don't care, had sex

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Watching 10s rush on the right side of that play is hilariously frustrating.  He EXPECTS Ewers to step up and stops going up field 

It's much worse.. had Ewers stepped into the pocket he's got room all day to run (maybe for a 1st but certainly for some breathing room) or stay behind the line and look down field, and the receivers could break to the back towards him under the zone.

But... it was an Oline issue 

Screenshot_20241021_211008_Chrome.jpg.8dc5b170669aec42384899808326812c.jpg

Edited by BurntEyes
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Screenshot_20241021_211008_Chrome.jpg.8dc5b170669aec42384899808326812c.jpg

Yep by this point it was too late.  The moment Quinn has finished his 3 step drop, nothing is immediately there.  He starts working to the right knowing 11 is there and he should have started working back toward the LOS either giving something time to come open or to your point there was some scramble yards to be had (though there is an LB out there shadowing Tre who without a good block Quinn  probably isn't outrunning very far). 

4 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yep by this point it was too late.  The moment Quinn has finished his 3 step drop, nothing is immediately there.  He starts working to the right knowing 11 is there and he should have started working back toward the LOS either giving something time to come open or to your point there was some scramble yards to be had (though there is an LB out there shadowing Tre who without a good block Quinn  probably isn't outrunning very far). 

It was a soft spy but I don't disagree.  Worst case...  he gets to the 10 and slides.. but that buys probably 5-6 more seconds to look for a downfield receiver.

Honestly though... I have zero confidence QE would have A) Found an open and B) Thrown catchable ball to them had he.

Edited by BurntEyes

2 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

All of you sadist re-watching the game are true heroes. I can't bring myself to do it. It's unhealthy for my anxiety. 

In all fairness to Moore, he and shit balls thrown to him, and especially the one that was like 2 yards in front of him. He's a clutch player who knows what routes to run. I don't blame him ome bit. 

Also, they threw to Wingo like 2 times, and one of them resulted in a penalty on UGA. If they had tried to do it again, I have no doubt Wingo would have caught one and housed it. What shit show for Quinn. He tried to target other WR's but was rattled and was scared, which made the situation all the more frustrating. Not to mention he could barely get the ball to Blue and Wisner, but was either overthrown, or dropped. 

Blue did have 2 nice runs, but Sark idiotically tried square peg, round hole with trying to run two smaller backs north-south, which they can't do. He should have gone with Gibson since that's his specialty, but alas, he went full idiot and panicked. 

Second half was better, but we weren't coming back. Defense was nails and I have no problems other than they couldn't catch a break. Getting Charles, Sharma, Terry, and Mbatchu + someone else (hopefully Mathis) will help immensely. Terry, much like Simmons, can come in and compete early. We still have Bryant who can take the next step, maybe Mitchell if he's still on the team, January, and a few others to help with the D; and we obviously need a few portal guys. 

Give her a knife so she can say "Am I gonna have to cut you?" 

In all honesty rewatching the game makes it clear to me that our Oline wasn't as bad as they appeared to be at first glance. If Quinn plays with even half of the pocket presence he displayed against Michigan then that 2nd quarter is much different. Quinn's pocket presence was absolutely atrocious. He didnt have as much pressure in his face as I thought in realtime and he routinely gave pass rushers a direct line to him by refusing to step up in the pocket. 

This thread details a lot of the issues Quinn created for himself throughout the game. Make no mistake about it, this was Quinn's worst performance in 2 years. 

• Hook 'Em 3

In all honesty rewatching the game makes it clear to me that our Oline wasn't as bad as they appeared to be at first glance. If Quinn plays with even half of the pocket presence he displayed against Michigan then that 2nd quarter is much different. Quinn's pocket presence was absolutely atrocious. He didnt have as much pressure in his face as I thought in realtime and he routinely gave pass rushers a direct line to him by refusing to step up in the pocket. 

This thread details a lot of the issues Quinn created for himself throughout the game. Make no mistake about it, this was Quinn's worst performance in 2 years. 

[/url]  

That guy is not watching his own images. we have 5 or 6 guys blocking 4-5 guys by the numbers. But what we really have are 3 guys blocking 1, 1 blocking another, and one trying to block one more. And a free lane to the QB.

That doesn’t seem effective to me.

On 10/20/2024 at 5:00 PM, Born to Run said:

I bet Curts face looked exactly like his Twitter handle when he heard the news.  Fuck off fuckface. Go eat the corn out of Chip Browns shit.

I know this guy and his brother from the church I attended back in Austin.   I always gave his a hard time about his articles on the Longhorns, he attended UT. 

1 hour ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The oline played decent at pass protecting besides when Arch was in (they were terrible in those two series).

That play on the third drive when UGA #6 blitzed was suppose to be picked up by the LT from what Sark said and QE thought he was protected from behind. Wingo made no calls that CB would be blitzing either though. QE's footwork was back in 2022 form during this game. I don't think he is right from the injury and to me it also felt like QE was struggling to read the UGA defense.

Edited by txexlonghorn23

3 hours ago, Nope said:

For example, this is a “sack on Banks”

Quinn has been dog shit at pocket presence and will continue to be.  It's year 3, and he ain't improving now.  Thankful for all he's done for us, but he will be the limiting factor to a chance at a championship this season.  (Also lack of running game exposes him even more).  He isn't consistent good.

Edited by westexhorn
  • Rage+1 1

The oline played decent at pass protecting besides when Arch was in (they were terrible in those two series).

That play on the third drive when UGA #6 blitzed was suppose to be picked up by the LT from what Sark said and QE thought he was protected from behind. Wingo made no calls that CB would be blitzing either though. QE's footwork was back in 2022 form during this game. I don't think he is right from the injury and to me it also felt like QE was struggling to read the UGA defense.

Decent? There were blatant uncalled holds by Williams, I think 2 or 3 in a row, that still hurried up Arch.

12 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

It was a soft spy but I don't disagree.  Worst case...  he gets to the 10 and slides.. but that buys probably 5-6 more seconds to look for a downfield receiver.

Honestly though... I have zero confidence QE would have A) Found an open and B) Thrown catchable ball to them had he.

That guy soft spying him shoves conner 4-5 yards into the pocket the second the ball is snapped. Conner basically ends up where Quinn took the shotgun snap damn near instantly. It was like that DL was pushing a sled and then he just held conner there waiting for quinn to try and run or step up. 

17 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Quinn was definitely a walking calamity. I could see that in real time. He has plenty of time to make his reads and throws. The o-line definitely wasn't as bad thinking about it. Just watching it will trigger me with how awful Quinn was. Just seeing tripping over himself, and self-sacking himself is just rage inducing.