Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Quinn has more natural talent than Ehlinger but he doesn't have the hero mentality that Sam possessed. I always had hope with Sam, he would find a way to win. Quinn doesn't seem to have that trait.

Quinn is good when everything is flowing well for him. When there's adversity, he folds. You're right, he doesn't have the hero ball play of someone like Sam. Arch shows more of that quality. I hate that I'm ready for Quinn to move on but here I am. I'm ready for his era to be over. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Everyone shitting on Quinn needs to go watch the Alabama - Georgia game. Beck looked like shit. Quinn absolutely had a very bad game, but he'll be fine moving forward. 

Beck finished that game with 439 yards passing and 8.8ypa

quinn had 211 yards passing tonight and 4.9ypa

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, F250 said:

Quinn has more natural talent than Ehlinger but he doesn't have the hero mentality that Sam possessed. I always had hope with Sam, he would find a way to win. Quinn doesn't seem to have that trait.

I remember the drive Sam had in his first start against #4 USC on the road at the end of the game to take the lead with seconds left to play in the game, only for the D to let him down. I loved Sam Ehlinger as a leader, that guy had a winner mentality.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dad said:

I thought he was too with a simplified game plan. But I don’t fault Sark for going back to Ewers since Arch was off on his throws and also lost the ball just like Ewers. And he just got spied to eliminate his running ability anyway. At that point I guess Sark figured might as well go with the more experienced option. 

It was sark panic pure and simple. In the end Georgia handled us. But at least the team regrouped at half. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You fucking idiots always do this same bullshit, we lost so it must be that our coach is a moron or our QB is dogshit or our defense is completely inept. You entitled bitches never seem to understand that theres another team on the field too and they have uniforms and everything. Its why other fanbases all hate us cause we're a bunch of self absorbed assholes. Give credit to Georgia, their defense played fucking lights out and they beat us. Trevor Etienne was a hoss tonight. Carson Beck is still dogshit tho

It’s one thing to lose, it’s another to get your ass beat. 1/11 on 3rd down and 4 turnovers from your QB1 is borderline non-competitive. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Quinn is good when everything is flowing well for him. When there's adversity, he folds. You're right, he doesn't have the hero ball play of someone like Sam. Arch shows more of that quality. I hate that I'm ready for Quinn to move on but here I am. I'm ready for his era to be over. 

Right now it's probably the intangibles are the most tantalizing thing about Arch. I'd give him a shot vs Vandy.

8 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That temper tantrum the fans did was a real throwback. That was the kind of thing I totally would have expected our crowd to do 30 years ago. Wild we still have it in us. We haven't been that kind of fanbase in a while.

SEC ready 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bill Brasky said:

You should see the Cloak Room 

To be fair to the Cope Cloak Room, there really is no good place to discuss American politics anymore on or offline.

But we should hold football discussion to a higher standard of decorum. That's stuff that really matters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

You fucking idiots always do this same bullshit, we lost so it must be that our coach is a moron or our QB is dogshit or our defense is completely inept. You entitled bitches never seem to understand that theres another team on the field too and they have uniforms and everything. Its why other fanbases all hate us cause we're a bunch of self absorbed assholes. Give credit to Georgia, their defense played fucking lights out and they beat us. Trevor Etienne was a hoss tonight. Carson Beck is still dogshit tho

That can all be true and we can also say we didn't show up on offense for 2 fucking quarters. We didn't show up for an entire quarter against OU last week. That would show up as a pattern. I guess we'll see how we fare against Vandy next week. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Why can’t it be both? The Ewers hate isn’t based on this game alone. 

3 minutes ago, troph said:

SEC ready 

I know! We went from a crowd that would boo our own band and throw things and leave at half time if the game wasn't within two scores to a bunch that cheered all game and sang "don't stop believing" and all that. I thought we had become some kind of Disneyland crowd. Glad that bitter angry poor sportsmanship was still in there. That's the UT crowd I fell in love with.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, troph said:

Georgia lost to Alabama. Texas lost to Georgia. Shit happens. No need for ledge jumping, this isn’t the Big 12 anymore. It’s exceedingly rare to go undefeated in league play. The ledge will only be warranted if Texas shits the bed again in the regular season. All goals still remain in front and most reasonable people wanted to be a one loss team after OU and UGA. Here we are.

Right, GA lost to Alabama goddammit. Alabama got beat again today. With strong QB play, we beat Georgia easily tonight. Our first two pics got us zero points. We were still in the game with two minutes left - even then Ewers fell flat on his face. He does not need to start another game for Texas. I think Sark knows that. For the team, he needs to make the call.

Edited by Irish Wrist Watch
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

It’s one thing to lose, it’s another to get your ass beat. 1/11 on 3rd down and 4 turnovers from your QB1 is borderline non-competitive. 

You people and your fucking high standards of wanting at least more than 2 3rd down conversions. Entitled assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dad said:
9 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Bro…

Quinn is broken… I don’t believe we will see him play better than any average D1 QB the rest of the season.

i hope I am wrong…but I’ve watched A LOT of football 

Agreed. And it’s sad because it’s not fair to Arch to throw him out there unprepared. Even his own family probably doesn’t want that.

Broken implies irreparable. I'm not sure that's the case,  but he's fragile and needs more continuity to get him into peak form. It would have helped greatly if the OL didn't get whipped so badly tonight. It doesn't excuse Ewer's shortcomings, but better protection was needed for him to regain composure. He's no Sam Ehlinger when it comes to moxy.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Love Sam’s grit.  His hero ball cost us at least three games

Thats where having a coach that wasn't a MENSA member would have probably helped. Sam was eager to be a hero, and Herman would never reign him in. Like I mentioned earlier, Herman let Sam run the ball against georgia 7 fucking times in a row at the goal line, just up the middle over and over again. That's admirable as hell, but also fucking stupid. Herman shouldn't have let him do that even if it worked out.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Wow. Aren't they the fucking worst? His name is Clinton, but he prefers "Clint". Like, I don't give a fuck, "Clint". And stop asking if I'll design your basement, which we all know is either a sex dungeon for kids, or your other kidnapped victims. Fucking weirdo. 

A couple years ago I banged this whore who didn't know what napalm was.  And she was an ordinance officer in the army.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

I'm finally here as well.

I think 2022 OU and at Bama and a couple others had me thinking he'd be able to carry the team.

But he gets injured and more damning is just the continual poor passes and lack of execution. Missing Worthy constantly. Slow as molasses recognition and reads.

His two longest passes tonight were terribly under thrown to Golden and the heave to Helm. Two amazing catches saved those.

Just now, Mo Horn said:

The lack of a solid run game hurts us against a good team like Georgia. These games show how much the loss of Baxter really hurts. Would have been different with him, IMO. 

Run game was weak as shit but without a passing threat the defense is going to stack up and shut down the run game. Georgia wasn't concerned about Quinn throwing deep passes. They knew we were limited to runs and short passes.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, F250 said:

Run game was weak as shit but without a passing threat the defense is going to stack up and shut down the run game. Georgia wasn't concerned about Quinn throwing deep passes. They knew we were limited to runs and short passes.

If we had Baxter to pound the rock and pass protect, this is a different game. Not because of Ewers, but because of Baxter, with Blue/Wisner sprinkled in. Neither are starting caliber. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

I think 2022 OU and at Bama and a couple others had me thinking he'd be able to carry the team.

But he gets injured and more damning is just the continual poor passes and lack of execution. Missing Worthy constantly. Slow as molasses recognition and reads.

His two longest passes tonight were terribly under thrown to Golden and the heave to Helm. Two amazing catches saved those.

don't forget the underthrow to Wingo that resulted in PI

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gofuckyourself said:

It's also his lack of mobility. Herbie called him out during the game on the option. Arch's ability to scramble is legit and must be honored.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1