Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

@Skipper 

Still WTF.  Explain your comment.  When has Sark had a "blind spot" as it relates to QB management?  2021 when he had to choose between 2 shitty QB's with a shitty OL to boot?  2022 when there is a need to get your future multi-year starter QB experience in a year you aren't competing for a national championship (and your backup is the shitty QB that couldn't win the job the year before)?  2023 OU game first quarter when your backup was MM??  If you want to talk about Sark getting aggressive on 4th down or not taking points, that is fair criticism, but I'm struggling to understand where he has a "blind spot" regarding QB management.  I mean if you want to say 2022 OSU or TCU games I guess there is an argument to made although I have zero faith Card could have performed better and I think any coach would tell you that you hve to let your young QB's work through tough games.  You can't just pull a QB first sign of adversity

You are too stupid to breathe but sadly the parasympathetic nervous system keeps you alive

• Fuck You 1

6 hours ago, mdmost said:

Texas always has a tell when Quinn Ewers is in at QB. Shit, we were one bad 3rd down from Quinn being benched against OU. We were 4 drives in with nothing on offense against a team that lost to South Carolina today. It all flows through Quinn and I'm ready for that to no longer be the case. He is too much of a 50/50 guy. If you think we're not struggling to win out with him, I don't know how else to convince you. This is what stepping up our competition level is going to bare out. There are plenty of loseable games on the schedule if he sucks ass for an entire quarter. 

Looks like a fumble there mdmost. 

6 hours ago, WBT said:

Man if you told me we held them to 3.6 ypc and held beck to 56% completions and 4.3 ypa and forced 3 TOs I'd assume it was the comfortable 10-14 point win I expected.

There’s a stat for ya. Defense did have poor tackling and lousy run D at times. But clearly the O (QB and Oline) was the weak spot. ST sucked also. So, no wonder we lost. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

It's also his lack of mobility. Herbie called him out during the game on the option. Arch's ability to scramble is legit and must be honored.

Because the o-line got man handled it was necessity due to lack of running game.  Ewers won’t run because of injuries and his arm strength doesn’t seem what it use to be.  Thought the play where Gunnar whiffed on his blocking assignment was huge because I think that might have resulted in TD giving Texas the momentum to win.

Edited by Horn80
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

The games at Vandy, Aggy and Arkansas worry me. Better get Quinn's mindset fixed or we could be staring at 2 more losses. Sark is in a tough spot. How do you bench a guy who was supposed to be drafted in the 1st round? 

Saban pulled Jalen Hurts for Tua in the national championship game. Sometimes you just do what you gotta do. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, staboner said:

it needs to be coaching, particularly Sark on game management and offensive philosophy, trickling down to what is being asked of the QB position.

He is smart? sure. He makes good adjustments? sometimes. Did Georgia know every fucking play we ran? yes, for the most part. It was telling when they showed the sky cam and all levels and all layers of WRs were blanketed. I mean blanketed completely. 

You mix nfl talent and good preparation and Sark's offense gets very easy to stop because there is no confusion and they can win 1 on 1s. See Washington, first half OU games last two years, this one. 

We bitched on all the check downs but then what? I guess one on one balls to our big guys like Wingo? We couldn't run screens much as they played base and didn't blitz much. 

Ya'll bitching on the oline sure, they blew some things, but apart from 56 (who was awful) they held up fine in the first quarter. Once Georgia realized they could make QE toss his checkdowns over and over, it was well, over. They could put their ears back and get around the edge, banks included, and pressure a QB that refused to step up in the pocket. He fucking ran backwards more often than not, making things even worse. Bro had a screw loose. 

This game is on Sark and the QB, which is entirely supposed to be his forte. They got fucking pantsed. bad.

this game was on the oline, period, they got whipped one on one the whole fucking game, all of them

• Hook 'Em 5

5 hours ago, Party_Taco said:

He either fucked up every RPO read or purposely chose to defer when he would have had clear rushing lanes, often for 10-15.

Entire offensive gameplan was pathetic and the lack of adjustments before the closing minutes of the 4th simply boggled the mind. If he’s gonna sit in the pocket you HAVE to give him help off the edge, but that didn’t happen a whole lot this evening…

show video of all these 15 yard running lanes, even when Kerbie was jawing about this stupid shit there were 2 defenders waiting for Ewers to hand off before they crashed inside.

4 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

this game was on the oline, period, they got whipped one on one the whole fucking game, all of them

It's quite possible to have more than one unit at fault in a bad game, and we certainly did. Plenty of blame to spread around last night, including the HC and some assistants. Neither Kyle Flood nor Jeff Banks should be too proud of their groups. 

• Like 1

This guy talking by about endangering anyone is rich. 

https://www.on3.com/news/kirby-smart-calls-out-precedent-set-by-sec-officials-texas-fans-for-endangering-athletes/

Now you’ve set a precedent that if you throw a bunch of stuff on the field and endanger athletes, that you got a chance to get your call reversed. And that’s unfortunate, because to me, that’s dangerous,” Smart said.”

https://www.onlineathens.com/story/sports/college/bulldogs-extra/2024/07/26/georgia-football-rara-thomas-speeding-kirby-smart/74551886007/

“Georgia has had at least 29 arrests or citations for speeding, reckless driving or racing since the crash that killed Willock and LeCroy.”

• Hook 'Em 1

That was a fugly loss, but I kind of feel this team was ripe for a humbling.  The win against Michigan was meaningless.  Now that we're in the SEC, beating OU is just another Saturday with a win over a middling conference opponent.  Bottom line, we’ve still got some growing to do before we can be a champion vs just strutting around like one.

Hopefully the coaches get everyone (especially the OL and Ewers) to respond in a positive way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just waking up so not sure if this has been discussed, but it sure seemed like we must have been tipping our pitches or they had our script or something. For our O line to get beat as bad as they did on running and passing plays to a defense that hadn’t played like that against much worse teams doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

6 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

GAMES

DO

NOT

END

IN

THE

THIRD

QUARTER

Anyone with eyes knew our offense was not going to score again by around the middle of the third quarter. Same as that 2022 Okie Lite game. It took a long INT return to get our final points of the day.

Sunshine pumpers think all the problems will be solved or overcome on the next drive. That's not how it works when Ewers is in full turtle mode, the O-line is getting beat, and we have no running game. 

10 minutes ago, jet black said:

Just waking up so not sure if this has been discussed, but it sure seemed like we must have been tipping our pitches or they had our script or something. For our O line to get beat as bad as they did on running and passing plays to a defense that hadn’t played like that against much worse teams doesn’t make a lot of sense. 

Yea it’s called film breakdown and practice. 

1 hour ago, hookem48 said:

It’s wasn’t all on the OL.. I think it is fair to say every unit on offense got their ass kicked, especially in that 1st half. Bad Ol play and bad QB play makes for a shitfy cocktail. As bad as the offense was the Special teams might have been worse. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, jet black said:

Tangentially, how long did we have to go without helmet comms because Georgia’s “stopped working” when they were on defense in the middle if the 1st quarter? We couldn’t do anything the rest of the half. 

• Like 1

Well that was a beat down.  I would bitch about the refereeing but that's a constant that Texas always has do deal with.  Imagine if Texas occasionally got dumbass calls in their favor?

Anyhow like I said some things are a given, and that's just the lay of the land, and that knocking of our dicks in the dirt was simply a case of being dominated.  We played exceptionally poorly on offense, but that's because Georgia came our with their hair on fire, and was desperate.  They played with an intensity far beyond what we displayed on both sides of the ball.  We played pretty darn well in the third quarter, but it was too little too late.  

Sometimes the other guys are pretty good too.  And this was a case where they flat out beat us.  With a 12 team playoff the loss only changes our seeding placement, and we still have the ability to achieve all our goals.  But we can't play again like we did this weekend.

I agree with the criticisms about Ewers lack of being a running threat.  Without at least a threat of a QB run in the college football landscape, it allows great defenses. to simply lay back their ears and attack.  Arch has better running ability, but he fared no better, unfortunately.  Now we find ourselves in the spot we have been so very lucky and tried so very, very hard to avoid.  The oldest tale ever attached to Texas football... a QB controversy.

Hopefully we can rally and regroup.  But this one is gonna leave a mark. Our dominating victory over OU seems a little less shiny after their beat down by South Carolina this week as well.  While we are on the wrong side of the coin on this one, these games are exactly why I love college football.  The emotion and unpredictability of each week of College football, that's what makes it exciting.  And... emotionally brutal.

Let's spit out this shit sandwich, and get back to work.  Everything we want except an undefeated season is still a possibility in front of us. Regroup, refocus, and get back to the standard!

• Hook 'Em 6

2 minutes ago, Wayne said:

CJ on Makuba

A source tells me the initial diagnosis on DB Andrew Mukuba indicates just a sprain. 

We will hear from HC Steve Sarkisian on Monday, but this is great news for Texas and the DB room after losing DB Derek Williams for the year last week. 

Was waiting on this.  Losing depth quick if he's really hurt

9 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Well that was a beat down.  I would bitch about the refereeing but that's a constant that Texas always has do deal with.  Imagine if Texas occasionally got dumbass calls in their favor?

Anyhow like I said some things are a given, and that's just the lay of the land, and that knocking of our dicks in the dirt was simply a case of being dominated.  We played exceptionally poorly on offense, but that's because Georgia came our with their hair on fire, and was desperate.  They played with an intensity far beyond what we displayed on both sides of the ball.  We played pretty darn well in the third quarter, but it was too little too late.  

Sometimes the other guys are pretty good too.  And this was a case where they flat out beat us.  With a 12 team playoff the loss only changes our seeding placement, and we still have the ability to achieve all our goals.  But we can't play again like we did this weekend.

I agree with the criticisms about Ewers lack of being a running threat.  Without at least a threat of a QB run in the college football landscape, it allows great defenses. to simply lay back their ears and attack.  Arch has better running ability, but he fared no better, unfortunately.  Now we find ourselves in the spot we have been so very lucky and tried so very, very hard to avoid.  The oldest tale ever attached to Texas football... a QB controversy.

Hopefully we can rally and regroup.  But this one is gonna leave a mark. Our dominating victory over OU seems a little less shiny after their beat down by South Carolina this week as well.  While we are on the wrong side of the coin on this one, these games are exactly why I love college football.  The emotion and unpredictability of each week of College football, that's what makes it exciting.  And... emotionally brutal.

Let's spit out this shit sandwich, and get back to work.  Everything we want except an undefeated season is still a possibility in front of us. Regroup, refocus, and get back to the standard!

beating a team with a qb that can't throw and has his top 17 receivers out wasn't all that shiny if you were really paying attention, fun but not shiny.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It's football. Some days you play like shit and nothing works. Georgia did it against Alabama earlier this year, and we did it last night. Just can't let last night beat us twice. Go to Vandy next week passed and take care of business the rest of the year and we're in the sec championship game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, hookem48 said:

That’s correct. It look a bit like the Tennessee v Alabama game. The relentless pressure from the defensive front was the difference.

You also won’t win many games against very good teams when you manage 1.1 yards per carry.

The nice thing is there is time to get things settled.

Edited by PittsburghTiger
  • Hook 'Em 1

Was at the game and then stayed off the internet last night.  

Kirby can get fucked with his post-game. Take the win, asshole.  He’s probably enemy no 1 coaching wise in this conference. What a fucking whiner. 

Banks got worked. That was the scariest part of all of this, including Quinn not playing well, as it relates to prospects rest of year.  Was it one dude or several working him over?  Couldn’t tell from seats.

Quinn checked down more than a 38 yr old career backup NFL QB.  I feel like his brain is broken.  I am not one that thinks Arch is better than Quinn overall necessarily but he has better legs and a better deep ball.  Both things  that Milroe used to smoke Georgia 3 weeks ago.   Our gameplan was like handing advantages to Georgia’s D on a silver platter.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

That’s correct. It look a bit like the Tennessee v Alabama game. The relentless pressure from the defensive front was the difference.

You also won’t win many games against very good teams when you manage 1.1 yards per carry.

The nice thing is there is time to get things settled.

Texas had more turnovers than third down conversions. Up front was the difference, that’s it.

• Hook 'Em 2