Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

4 minutes ago, Pimphand said:

This was why we lost to Washington in the Sugar Bowl but god forbid you are talking truth the surly fart sniffers are gonna come after ya

Coach Sark, your plan isn’t working. 

image.gif.1705f7cfc9edd3823e6e3b7446c43a95.gif

By the end of the game we elevate our execution of said plan from F to C

Edited by ChickenSandwich

Just now, n64ra said:

At the beginning of the season I expected a UGA loss. We're right where I thought we'd be. Sure, I changed my tune after they lost to Bama, but I was wrong. Learn from it so we can stay a 1 loss team.

yep, week after OU no matter how down they are was a schedule killer, throw in Georgia in playoff mode because of earlier loss and you get last night.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Coach Sark, your plan isn’t working. 

image.gif.1705f7cfc9edd3823e6e3b7446c43a95.gif

By the end of the game we elevate our execution of said plan from F to C

He is a genius the sad thing is it becomes his prison because he refuses to back down.

I respect sticking by your guns but lord even I'm not that hard headed.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Horn Dogg said:

VY would have smoked GA last night.  We just need another one of him!

We have another Vince Young. His name is Arch Manning. Did you miss his 65 yd TD run early in the season. Nobody could catch him. He's smart. We have to keep him healthy. But to win big, you need a QB who can move. Arch can. Vince was fast, Arch is fast. Alot of VY runs ended with him running out of bounds. That's what Arch needs to do and can do. Arch is a better passer than Vince. Once the coaches committed to Vince, the heavens opened. That needs to happen this season for Arch. No reason whatsoever for it not to begin next weekend. Arch needs the reps for what's coming against Aggy and the playoffs. 

Playing Ewers is inviting disaster because what we saw last night will happen again when the chips are down.

• Haha 1

Not much to say.  Georgia’s defense absolutely dominated in all phases (pass rush, run defense, coverage).  They may have taken a step back early in the season from their absolute dominance the past few years.  Last night, they absolutely did not.  Bama did work against them.  If you watched that game, especially the 1st half, it was Milroe’s mobility doing the damage.  Texas really doesn’t have that intangible extra dimension to give a dominant Georgia defense something else to think about.  And then you have the SEC gauntlet.  The days of win The OU game and you’re in business are over.  This is a conference where the 7th thru 9th best teams are more than capable of beating anyone who doesn’t bring their best effort. 

Edited by Steelers Roll Left

6 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

We have another Vince Young. His name is Arch Manning. Did you miss his 65 yd TD run early in the season. Nobody could catch him. He's smart. We have to keep him healthy. But to win big, you need a QB who can move. Arch can. Vince was fast, Arch is fast. Alot of VY runs ended with him running out of bounds. That's what Arch needs to do and can do. Arch is a better passer than Vince. Once the coaches committed to Vince, the heavens opened. That needs to happen this season for Arch. No reason whatsoever for it not to begin next weekend. Arch needs the reps for what's coming against Aggy and the playoffs. 

Playing Ewers is inviting disaster because what we saw last night will happen again when the chips are down.

There are three ways Arch becomes the starter:

1) Injury to Quinn Ewers;

2) Another loss before aggy, but even then it's not a certainty;

3) Two losses before aggy will probably do it

Edited by David Dennison

10 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

And then you have the SEC gauntlet.  The days of win The OU game and you’re in business are over.  This is a conference where the 7th thru 9th best teams are more than capable of beating anyone who doesn’t bring their best effort. 

this is the thing that makes all the non-SEC conferences laugh about our ego. But Florida beat Kentucky handily. Kentucky lost by one point to Georgia. Kentucky beat Tennessee. Tennessee beat Alabama. Vanderbilt beat Georgia.

Is it absolutely true to a great extent that mid tier SEC teams can fuck you up on a bad day in the same way that won’t happen in the Big Ten

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Disagree. After our 8 play 55 yard scoring drive to open the thrid , we forced a punt on their next drive. 

We followed that up with a 9 play drive to the GA 29 yard line, and instead of taking the 3 points and making the score 23-11, Sark ran on 3rd and 5 for a loss of two and then went for it on 4th and 8 and turned it over on downs. That’s two scores in a row, all the momentum, but instead took the air out of the stadium and let Georgia regroup. 

Sarks lack of urgency and clock management in the second half was costly. 

First half D plan to not bring pressure and also leave men uncovered at the line of scrimmage was bold but ineffective 

You're right. Hell yes we were in that game. With 3 or 4 min left we were at their thirty only down two TDs, but Quinn/Sark failed once again. Add another minute and a half to that time had Sark known what every fucking coach in the NFL knows - that with ten minutes left at your own 45, you don't go for it on 4th and 10 or 15. You punt it and push GA deep into their own end of the field. Even with a crap punter you push them back to their own 20. Clock mismanagement? You'd better believe it.

34 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Disagree. After our 8 play 55 yard scoring drive to open the thrid , we forced a punt on their next drive. 

We followed that up with a 9 play drive to the GA 29 yard line, and instead of taking the 3 points and making the score 23-11, Sark ran on 3rd and 5 for a loss of two and then went for it on 4th and 8 and turned it over on downs. That’s two scores in a row, all the momentum, but instead took the air out of the stadium and let Georgia regroup. 

Sarks lack of urgency and clock management in the second half was costly. 

First half D plan to not bring pressure and also leave men uncovered at the line of scrimmage was bold but ineffective 

agreed.  but I think we got the INT after that and scored?

Even as bad as Ewers and our OL were in the 1H.  if we stop the 3rd and 12 on the next drive, I think there is a good chance we win. We had all the momentum.  the flea flicker and resulting TD was the dagger.

Ewers refusing to run or even step up and take a hit on a throw is ridiculous.  SOMETIMES the QB has to help his OL too.  our QB's getting hands hit on throws for fumbles is a direct result of not stepping up.  a few designed runs will slow the rush a bit.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

You're right. Hell yes we were in that game. With 3 or 4 min left we were at their thirty only down two TDs, but Quinn/Sark failed once again. Add another minute and a half to that time had Sark known what every fucking coach in the NFL knows - that with ten minutes left at your own 45, you don't go for it on 4th and 10 or 15. You punt it and push GA deep into their own end of the field. Even with a crap punter you push them back to their own 20. Clock mismanagement? You'd better believe it.

the game has changed a bit in regards to punting in that position but I will say that we had a better chance of a pick six off Beck than a TD from our O.

With our D I'd be ready to go again at Georgia in a heartbeat.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Thinking Vince Young was just a dude that could run fast. 

I'm excited about Arch Manning becoming the starter whenever it happens. I'm not advocating for him replacing Ewers, but I'm excited about what I've seen out of him. But we're going to be complaining about Arch Manning at some point, too.

Heck, maybe you weren't around, but prior to 2004 plenty of fans were talking about moving Vince to wide receiver. I shit you not.

I wish the Ewers that shows a mastery of the offense, shows confidence, has a feel for the pocket, showed up in every game. But he does not. It is not fun when Bad Ewers shows up. The loss to Georgia was not all on him, but that was Bad Ewers to a T. If I have to wait until next year for Manning to get his shot, that's fine. But I don't think it would bother me if he became the full time starter some time this season. 

• Hook 'Em 6

Etienne was a fantastic portal addition for them and a big difference between the two teams. Everyone loves to theorize how running backs aren't important until you see one that can finish drives and pick up first downs. The next man I see Wisner make miss will probably be the first.

I wonder what our offense would look like with Quinshon Judkins

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, cmontexas said:

Etienne was a fantastic portal addition for them and a big difference between the two teams. Everyone loves to theorize how running backs aren't important until you see one that can finish drives and pick up first downs. The next man I see Wisner make miss will probably be the first.

I mean Wisner made tons of Sooners miss a game ago. But when the talent level turned up to the highest notch, he showed he doesn't have the talent to match. This was the first game a lack of running game really killed us. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

this is the thing that makes all the non-SEC conferences laugh about our ego. But Florida beat Kentucky handily. Kentucky lost by one point to Georgia. Kentucky beat Tennessee. Tennessee beat Alabama. Vanderbilt beat Georgia.

Is it absolutely true to a great extent that mid tier SEC teams can fuck you up on a bad day in the same way that won’t happen in the Big Ten

That’s not exactly true.  I’d guess Ohio State, Bama and Georgia all have very similar records over the past 5 years.  Seems like I just read that the last 3 years UGA has only lost to Bama.

All conferences are that way give or take in any given year.  The grind of a full season leaves no one immune.  For lots of different reasons.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Manning could have scrambled up the middle on that play for a min of 20 yards. Who knows, he might have taken it 90 yds for the greatest QB scramble of all Time (although Vince had a couple that would be up there, esp against USC)

Colt was a master of taking advantage of the hard outside rush.  he would step into that space and hit shipley/quan or run when the DT or NT would lose gap/lane control. and bonus it also helped his tackle.  He basically made a sub par OL decent and won a Big 12 championship.  He was going to do the same thing to Bama too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

Yes, we should have consulted the crystal ball that Baxter would go down with a season ending injury.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

27 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Same was true of the Big 12.

• Hook 'Em 4

53 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Arch is Vanilla Vince.  I have no doubt he’s going to be a legend, but Vince was a freak on another level.  That being said I hope you’re right!

• Hook 'Em 1

Getting exactly 0 points off of not one but 2 Carson Beck INT's in the first quarter is fucking enraging to no end. The defense was doing their part and the offense dicked around and let Georgia control the pace of the game. It was a very 2022 Texas game. 
Yep. Georgia was begging us to get a nice size lead early on and Quinn and the offense did zero to help with that. That drop early on was a huge killer. This was basically OU part 2 except Georgia is light years more talented to take advantage.

This game kind of reminded me of the Bama championship game. Didn't take advantage of opportunities early (settling for 3 twice when we could have easily got up 14-0 against Bama). Bama then takes control and gets out to a huge lead because of so many mistakes. We finally settled in and made it close but just couldn't make that one play to finish the comeback. The Gilbert turnover in the 4th pretty much was the defense giving up the 3rd and 11 last night. Backbreaking plays that took away all momentum we built.

One of the more maddening games because the plays were there to be had last night and beat Georgia. Sark shouldn't escape blame either. Yet another week he passes up points and it backfires on us. He made zero adjustments on offense to try and combat their pressure. That's all coaching. Reminds me of the Dallas Cowboys. One single game plan and if it doesn't work, well tough shit because we are going to keep running it all game and hope it magically starts to work. Quinn's record against top 5 teams is very poor but if you go back and watch those games, Sark had a big hand in those, too.
  • Hook 'Em 2

My analysis of the game.

Shit. . . . .

Nah honestly, this was a B+ game from Georgia and a C- game from Texas. Only reason it isn't an A from Georgia is because of the offense which should be contributed to the Texas D. And the only reason it's not an F from Texas is due to the fact the defense played hard. They made Carson Beck look like an Avg QB who most think is a top 10 pick in the NFL Draft.  I think Gerry alluded to this all week, the speed the Georgia team has is one Texas hasn't seen all year and won't see again unless they play them or maybe Ohio State. That Georgia defense we saw yesterday (All UGA fans said it) is the best they've look all season and put that with a UGA having their back against the wall and that's the results you yield. 

When Sark talks about complementary football is not just defense and offense it could also be QB and O-Line. It wasn't all on Quinn, but Quinn did his O-Line specially the tackles no favors either. I honestly believe the O-Lineman was so shell shocked. They weren't used to the speed the UGA brought. 

I may be in the minority here, but we have a long way to go and this and in the long run this could work out for Texas. The O-Line is not bad, Quinn is not bad, we were just not use to that and let's face it we're coming from the Big 12 and haven't played the best competition to this point. We have to get used to this speed that the SEC brings. In the Big 12 we were faster and bigger than everyone we played, here in the SEC a few teams will be faster and better than we are at times and we have to get used to this style of play, not saying Sark was taking it easy but when you play a team like that, the speed is different and you have to experience that to understand it. I do feel now that we've see it, we can adjust and up our play as well. 

With all that being said Texas in the 3rd Qtr had a chance to get the ball back after scoring a TD to tie this game up on 3rd and 16 on their 11yrd line. As good as the D played that just can't happen. So with us playing our worse and UGA playing their best we still had a chance to win this game and couldn't make the play.

Like I said this will open up our eyes a lot and show us we still aren't there yet. We need to continue working if we want to end up where we want to be in the end. Quinn has to get better and get that confidence he had to begin the season with otherwise we will not end up where this team has the ability to and neither will his career.  O-Line just seen they still need to get better if they want to be elite like they can be. They're just not use to that kind of speed but once you see it and play it you will adjust.  

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Thinking Vince Young was just a dude that could run fast. 

I'm excited about Arch Manning becoming the starter whenever it happens. I'm not advocating for him replacing Ewers, but I'm excited about what I've seen out of him. But we're going to be complaining about Arch Manning at some point, too.

Heck, maybe you weren't around, but prior to 2004 plenty of fans were talking about moving Vince to wide receiver. I shit you not.

I wish the Ewers that shows a mastery of the offense, shows confidence, has a feel for the pocket, showed up in every game. But he does not. It is not fun when Bad Ewers shows up. The loss to Georgia was not all on him, but that was Bad Ewers to a T. If I have to wait until next year for Manning to get his shot, that's fine. But I don't think it would bother me if he became the full time starter some time this season. 

Those were Early Surlies:

Comment: Give Vince a chance, he might be a good QB with some seasoning

Response: Fuck you. Go sit on some doodoo!

Response: Hit your peepee with a flyswatter, asshole!

Response: Your mommy probably has a big pussy!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, TankedBevo said:

Getting exactly 0 points off of not one but 2 Carson Beck INT's in the first quarter is fucking enraging to no end. The defense was doing their part and the offense dicked around and let Georgia control the pace of the game. It was a very 2022 Texas game. 

The one is understandable. Pick at the Texas 5 yard line.. The sad one was when Texas finally had good field position. That was ruined by 2 drops (Wisner and Moore), so when you got good blocking and decent Qb play receivers decided to kick in on the shit show 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Those were Early Surlies:

Comment: Give Vince a chance, he might be a good QB with some seasoning

Response: Fuck you. Go sit on some doodoo!

Response: Hit your peepee with a flyswatter, asshole!

Response: Your mommy probably has a big pussy!

At the time it was Hornfans. Mack Brown/Greg Davis were lining up Vince Young under center and trying to make him into a traditional dropback quarterback. They were also trying to "correct" his mechanics. They almost succeeded in fucking him up, to be honest. 

My bigger point is you keep using Vince Young as the standard. IMO you shouldn't do that. It's not as good a fit as you seem to think it is. 

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

We played a bunch of shit teams. Zero wins against ranked opponents.

And we let OU hand UGA the blueprint for taking down our offense. Blitz early and often.

The QBs that had success against UGA were Milroe and Van Buren off Miss State because they can evade the pass rush and escape the pocket.

If you put a statue like Ewers back there they will feast. Plays directly into their strengths

They were ranked when we played them. That is pure Aggie talk.

3 hours ago, 6th Street said:

If you put a statue like Ewers back there they will feast. Plays directly into their strengths

Ewers is only a statue when he's playing scared. He freezes, gets tunnel vision and hesitates whether he needs to throw, adjust his pocket position or flee. He has shown that he can decently scramble when he is playing confidently. It's about pocket presence and decisiveness. Arch is obviously faster and more athletic, but good Ewers is fine.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, immamac said:

Quinn really fucked it last night. 

Worst version we’ve seen of the trend that is not new at all. He has slow starts against quality P5 opponents. Sometimes the opponent is too good to get away with it (OU and Washington last year, UGA this year), sometimes they’re not (Michigan and OU this year).