Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

Yep. This is why I don't like it when Sark says just play loose and confident. Playing with intensity matters to. Some fire in the belly can give the adrenaline needed to face ferocity with the same. May well need that for Arkansas for instance. Kirby had his guys ready.

I guess my hopeful side feels like there's an intense side of Sarkisian we don't see. It's not like the team doesn't play physically. 

We just stopped Etienne on a gut check.

I don't know. It's easy to second guess things when we lose. I still see reasons to think we're on the right track.

Remember, this guy has a lot of Pete Carroll West Coast vibe to go with the Nick Saban tutelage. He's going to have to win doing it his way.

• Hook 'Em 1

Most of our fanbase chose to ignore that last drive where he failed to throw a decent pass in 4 attempts. I knew right then that he just doesn't have IT. Sark has been able to hide a lot of his mental deficiencies by calling dink and dunk passes. It only takes you so far, though. We will need the QB to play some hero ball in the playoffs because it won't be easy.
Absolutely. Those last 4 plays were so fucking bad. Not one play had any legit shot to score.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

We just saw the Quinn that couldn't score from ten yards out against Washington last year. I've refrained from knocking him on that, but it all makes sense. He had at least one shot at a quick dash for the goal line last year and didn't take it. He's not winning any Nattys.

Sadly this seems true. 

2 minutes ago, dad said:

How fitting we stuff Etienne while you bring up this stupid take.

Cool. We did. And we also gave up a few rushing TDs and almost gave up that first down on 3rd and 9.  

but cool. The run defense couldn’t possibly be a concern.  Fuck me. 

btw you’re acting like I’m saying it’s a bad run defense.  Just saying it’s questionable is all.  A good running team might exploit it. 

Edited by Drew

Just now, hookem48 said:

most overated oline in history, can't be said enough

I don't agree. But they did get shown up today, IMO. 

It wasn't all on the OL. But this was a hard slap across the face. 

Mykel Williams has been missing for Georgia earlier in the season. Him returning helped some with the pass rush. 

As super conferences continue to consolidate and talk of a super league dropping half of FBS accelerates, this is the future. There is no excuse for how we came out offensively today, but the Chiefs lost 24-9 to Denver last year. 

That's not to make an excuse for today because we're not there yet. But some of y'all are going to go crazy with the way seasons go 10 years from now. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Tough loss. Terrible first half performance and Sarkisian is going to need to do a lot of soul searching on not having teams prepared for big games. 

A whole lot of football left and this can still be a very good team. We will see how they respond. 

true and troubling. it's dogged him his whole career. hope was he put that to bed

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hook me said:

i can’t believe they actually went for it

Dirty 

bullies

dumb

Georgia is a ticking time bomb, we just played a QB that lost all the momentum for us and we didn’t light the fuse. We will hopefully get another shot at them in the SEC title game or playoff. 

Fuck Kirby smart