Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

So the only big time win Ewers has in his time here is last year's win over a Bama team that sucked early in the season and could barely beat South Florida.  Yeah.  That's not good.

Lazy throws.  Poor pocket awareness.  Can't run for shit now for some reason.  Gets shook and can't see the field.  

Obviously Georgia's D-line was doing some work, but a lot of those major negative plays were because Quinn was taking too long with the ball, not stepping up into the pocket, etc.  If he'd played even slightly above average tonight we win comfortably, IMHO.  

Maybe we win out since the rest of our regular season schedule isn't full of world beaters, but come playoff time?  Yikes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

if you told me at lunch, ‘we’re holding georgia to under 300’ 

I'm high fiving you because that screams a texas W !!!

I was going to say the same. If you told me we held them under 300 and created 3 turnovers I would’ve said we probably blew them out. 

The Team Stats on this game are unbelievably misleading. We had 18 first downs to their 14

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

20 of our 28 completed passes tonight went to running backs or tight ends. Even when we had a clean pocket we couldn’t get anything going downfield. 

Quinn is a check down champ. Didn’t feel the pocket well. OL played well but he could’ve hung in there a bit more. On the 4th and 12 to wings he’s falling backward and throwing which led to the off balance short completion. Yes there was a free rusher, it’s football you’re going to get hit stand in there and throw the damn ball. He acts like he’s never supposed to take a hit. That is why Arch’s ceiling is higher. He’s willing to stand up in the pocket and take a shot. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I post what I think. You post your whining bullshit pathetic world view. Find hilarity wherever you wish. 

No, your posts show your lack of brain cells. Anyone can pander to the crowd and appear holier than thou. I questioned the assertion that Quinn always shows up in big games when it was going to be an unpopular opinion and you followed up with a long ass post telling us we just can't be happy and that this team was different and that UGA had no chance. You were popular but spectacularly wrong. 

Edited by UTEE97

3 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

you should never post about football again

YOu're just a fucking idiot who doesn't understand that good play calling can overcome mediocre OLine play. It helps to have good QBing too. Yeah, the OLine stumbled a few times, but it was against a good D. 

Next time tell me why you think what you think you stupid bastard. If you're capable of doing it, that is.

Just now, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Quinn is a check down champ. Didn’t feel the pocket well. OL played well but he could’ve hung in there a bit more. On the 4th and 12 to wings he’s falling backward and throwing which led to the off balance short completion. Yes there was a free rusher, it’s football you’re going to get hit stand in there and throw the damn ball. He acts like he’s never supposed to take a hit. That is why Arch’s ceiling is higher. He’s willing to stand up in the pocket and take a shot. 

you also should never post about football again

• Haha 3

Just now, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Plays were there. During the game they showed a couple of WRs breaking open but Ewer & Arch didn't see them.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I like Quinn and he's a very good college QB but the NFL 1st round hype has always been nonsense and oversold his talents. Sark's offense makes him look better than he is. 

That said, he should still start the rest of this year unless/until we lose another game. Arch needs one more offseason to become the man. 

And as many snaps as we can get him this season as well.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

YOu're just a fucking idiot who doesn't understand that good play calling can overcome mediocre OLine play. It helps to have good QBing too. Yeah, the OLine stumbled a few times, but it was against a good D. 

Next time tell me why you think what you think you stupid bastard. If you're capable of doing it, that is.

so now it was mediocre oline play, fucking moron

11 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

I don't think the O line was the problem. I think it was weak play calling and Sark's inability to adjust to what GA threw at us. Having a mentally and physically hobble QB didn't help either. Sark sure didn't help Quinn any. 

I think they were all problems

Just now, closetohumping said:

Yea banks had a rough night but he had some decent moments. Quinn was awful va ou and Georgia 

doesn't help the tackle when you trying to guide your man wide and the QB doesn't step up, keeps backing up to meet the rusher

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, Tx_2_Sc85 said:

Arch also plays with emotion.

hq720.jpg

3 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

Maybe we win out since the rest of our regular season schedule isn't full of world beaters, but come playoff time?  Yikes.  

If we re-matched against UGA, I have no doubt Sark would scheme better, but could Quinn actually execute the gameplan?  Not so sure about that.  He couldn't even hit the checkdown half the time with pressure on him tonight.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, naija said:

doesn't help the tackle when you trying to guide your man wide and the QB doesn't step up, keeps backing up to meet the rusher

Yep. There were quite a few moments where banks manhandled his guy but Quinn walked into a sack.  One play banks actually threw the de at Quinn’s feet