Texas vs Georgia - 6:30pm on ABC

Pancho

1 minute ago, TOR said:

Seemed pretty clear that georgia was the 1st team Texas has played that could match their speed.  It did not look like the Horns were expecting it, and more importantly could not adjust to it.  Texas seemed to be half a step behind what georgia was going, especially on the OL, but also at WR.  Horns looked like they were Cadillac-ing when they need to be Corvette-ing.

So, not all gas and no brakes?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TOR said:

Seemed pretty clear that georgia was the 1st team Texas has played that could match their speed.  It did not look like the Horns were expecting it, and more importantly could not adjust to it.  Texas seemed to be half a step behind what georgia was going, especially on the OL, but also at WR.  Horns looked like they were Cadillac-ing when they need to be Corvette-ing.

Georgia also had a giant sweaty pussy-shaped chip on their shoulder coming in.

• Hook 'Em 1

Maybe you’re right. But the last several drives showed a complete lack of ability by Ewers to make a play. Hai throws err bad. He was skittish and panicked and let’s the pocket early. 

they should have stuck with arch, not saying for the whole year. But at least THIS game. 

QBs get skittish after they keep getting hit. They need help to not get hit. The line created that situation with their horrible performance.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I disagree. 

And I say that fully believing that Arch will be better than Quinn has ever been when he starts the opener next year. But Quinn with all his legitimate faults is the better option right now, and we won't face another team this year that will be as good as Georgia's defense tonight. 

It's another hard lesson for Sark. I think (hope?) we will be better after tonight. 

Bro…

Quinn is broken… I don’t believe we will see him play better than any average D1 QB the rest of the season.

i hope I am wrong…but I’ve watched A LOT of football 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TOR said:

stuff like this confuses me. again, this is a team that has won 2 NCs recently, and has only 2 peers when it comes to recruiting. exactly what, would our players or coaches be expecting Georgia to look like talent-wise?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Someone talk me off the ledge here. But this loss has my confidence in this team completely shook. First, had a historically terrible first half. To put in perspective how shit it was, tonight Texas had 38 yds in the first half. In the 2014 Texas bowl against Arkansas, they finished the first half with 37 yards.

You talked your self off the ledge, but didn't realize it. That Texas team folded the second half too, giving us the Watson.

Even with Ewers and the line playing like ass, we still had a chance very late into this game. We don't have the Jimmies and Joes on the O-line.

This D is salty.  

12 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

No, your posts show your lack of brain cells. Anyone can pander to the crowd and appear holier than thou. I questioned the assertion that Quinn always shows up in big games when it was going to be an unpopular opinion and you followed up with a long ass post telling us we just can't be happy and that this team was different and that UGA had no chance. You were popular but spectacularly wrong. 

That happens a whole lot in the game week threads too. No criticisms, no matter how well supported, will be tolerated of a player or unit. Granted, there's a way to go about doing it and early chicken little fodder posted in game threads is stupid, but valid concerns brought up during game week threads is poo poo'd as pussy dripping and attacked by the burnt orange goggle wearing bitch pack. Or likewise, in game threads noting poor play without overreaction, is also immediately attacked as defeatist with no attempt to discern the difference between bitchy panic and valid observations.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hornbri said:

I was at the game, what did the refs say when the picked it up? We couldn’t hear shit at that point. 

something along the lines of "after discussion there was no penalty for pass interference" herbie and fowler thought texas was going to get dinged with unsportsmanlike penalties for throwing shit. never once brought up that theyd pick up the flag

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tailgate said:

Bro…

Quinn is broken… I don’t believe we will see him play better than any average D1 QB the rest of the season.

Agreed. And it’s sad because it’s not fair to Arch to throw him out there unprepared. Even his own family probably doesn’t want that.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Zeus said:

I think Sark is scared because of the fumbles. But damn he catches out of the backfield better than Tre. 

I think you have to ride Blue more obviously and even get Gibson some carries. Just run the damn ball some and keep the defense honest. Their DEs are crashing way upfield and will get smoked if we run draw or if we have a QB that can step up in the pocket and deliver a strike. 

He drops the ball all the time. He dropped the ball late in the 4th on a pass that would have been close to a first down if he caught it cleanly. Went right through his hands. 

I like Blue better. I think he's at least incrementally a better back. But he's fumbled and he drops passes. I wish he didn't.

I don't know why we don't see Gibson any more. I thought it was an injury issue, but he's never listed. It might be a pass pro problem. Dunno.

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas always has a tell when Quinn Ewers is in at QB. Shit, we were one bad 3rd down from Quinn being benched against OU. We were 4 drives in with nothing on offense against a team that lost to South Carolina today. It all flows through Quinn and I'm ready for that to no longer be the case. He is too much of a 50/50 guy. If you think we're not struggling to win out with him, I don't know how else to convince you. This is what stepping up our competition level is going to bare out. There are plenty of loseable games on the schedule if he sucks ass for an entire quarter. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

something along the lines of "after discussion there was no penalty for pass interference" herbie and fowler thought texas was going to get dinged with unsportsmanlike penalties for throwing shit. never once brought up that theyd pick up the flag

they should have picked up the flag but then penalized us for throwing shit on the field.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, dad said:

Agreed. And it’s sad because it’s not fair to Arch to throw him out there unprepared. Even his own family probably doesn’t want that.  

Thats why I was kind of expecting him to come out in the second half. If they trusted him to go out there in a blood in the water situation, I would have thought they would have let him get a shot once he had a bit of time to process at half and adjust the playcalling towards his skillset.

1 minute ago, sith_horn said:

That happens a whole lot in the game week threads too. No criticisms, no matter how well supported, will be tolerated of a player or unit. Granted, there's a way to go about doing it and early chicken little fodder posted in game threads is stupid, but valid concerns brought up during game week threads is poo poo'd as pussy dripping and attacked by the burnt orange goggle wearing bitch pack. Or likewise, in game threads noting poor play without overreaction, is also immediately attacked as defeatist with no attempt to discern the difference between bitchy panic and valid observations.

Absolutely! It's impossible to go against the grain in most threads. You can't express any opinion without being called names. No intellectual discourse is allowed. Like WTF! We are not Aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Someone talk me off the ledge here. But this loss has my confidence in this team completely shook. First, had a historically terrible first half. To put in perspective how shit it was, tonight Texas had 38 yds in the first half. In the 2014 Texas bowl against Arkansas, they finished the first half with 37 yards. Our “bad asses” on the O-Line looked like (at times) a team from the Valley or El Paso in the 6A playoffs. Completely outmatched and outclassed. 

Second, Sark’s decision making and personnel choices tonight were questionable in the sense of “how does he not see this?” It was clear early on we weren’t going the corner on that defense, yet had some success between the tackles and running counter. The fact that Gibson (a strong physical runner) didn’t get not a single carry is negligent.

Defense played really well other than one long drive. I was happy with what I saw from that unit.

In conclusion, this felt like we were the Oklahoma playoff teams of the 2010s. They seemed to have better athletes in the trenches, more physical in the running game, and outmatched in the pass rush. Our level feels like can beat the Florida’s, Arkansas’, etc. But when the Horns lineup against a true contender just overmatched in the trenches. Not being able to impose yourself in the run game when you have a “dominant” Offensive Line, to me, means that you don’t have a dominant offensive line. 

Georgia lost to Alabama. Texas lost to Georgia. Shit happens. No need for ledge jumping, this isn’t the Big 12 anymore. It’s exceedingly rare to go undefeated in league play. The ledge will only be warranted if Texas shits the bed again in the regular season. All goals still remain in front and most reasonable people wanted to be a one loss team after OU and UGA. Here we are.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

Thats why I was kind of expecting him to come out in the second half. If they trusted him to go out there in a blood in the water situation, I would have thought they would have let him get a shot once he had a bit of time to process at half and adjust the playcalling towards his skillset.

I thought he was too with a simplified game plan. But I don’t fault Sark for going back to Ewers since Arch was off on his throws and also lost the ball just like Ewers. And he just got spied to eliminate his running ability anyway. At that point I guess Sark figured might as well go with the more experienced option. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

Georgia lost to Alabama. Texas lost to Georgia. Shit happens. No need for ledge jumping, this isn’t the Big 12 anymore. It’s exceedingly rare to go undefeated in league play. The ledge will only be warranted if Texas shits the bed again in the regular season. All goals still remain in front and most reasonable people wanted to be a one loss team after OU and UGA. Here we are.

Not necessarily.

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

Texas always has a tell when Quinn Ewers is in at QB. Shit, we were one bad 3rd down from Quinn being benched against OU. We were 4 drives in with nothing on offense against a team that lost to South Carolina today. It all flows through Quinn and I'm ready for that to no longer be the case. He is too much of a 50/50 guy. If you think we're not struggling to win out with him, I don't know how else to convince you. This is what stepping up our competition level is going to bare out. There are plenty of loseable games on the schedule if he sucks ass for an entire quarter. 

Quinn has more natural talent than Ehlinger but he doesn't have the hero mentality that Sam possessed. I always had hope with Sam, he would find a way to win. Quinn doesn't seem to have that trait.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

I don't think it was Vince Young getting pissed that won a title. He was pretty talented, too.

This idea we're supposed to use Vince Young as a realistic bench mark for any quarterback is silliness. It's almost certain we'll never see his like again. Teams win national championships without having Vince Young on their team every year. 

What I know is that people are constantly questioned if they can win a championship until they actually win one. I can't say I've ever been a huge Quinn Ewers fan, but when he's on, I like the mastery he shows of the offense. When he's off, he looks like a liability.

But it's not like Carson Beck looked amazing tonight. Some people kept saying the key of the game was who played the best between Beck and Ewers. They both looked like ass to me at times. The Georgia defense looked like the Georgia defense I watched for several years. Not the shadow of themselves I've watched most of this year. That to me was the difference in the game. 

I didn't say we need Vince Young to win a title. I was evoking DKR: "Angry people win football games." We need our team leader QB to show fire and emotion.

it was very unlikely we were going to remain undefeated throughout the season. i would trade a loss tonight for a win at arky and atm. not that it works that way, but just in case it does...bet. lol

way worse losses the past 15 years. 

🤘

i do wish i could attend a tailgate 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

A whole lot of Ewers' throws, even goodish ones that are completed for YAC, are a bit off.  Too high, behind, wrong side, something.

Quinn can never ever hit people in the numbers or right in stride and this can lead to people getting hurt. 

9 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Sorry, I don't mean to take out my anger on you. I am too lazy or care less to go and find old posts. In the gameweek thread, someone said Quinn always showed up in big games. I replied saying not completely true because he failed to get us the TD in 4 attempts against UW. Then I get neg repped and then I think I saw your post where you painted a picture of everything being so rosy. It kinda pissed me off that some fans won't acknowledge Quinn's obvious deficiencies when it should have been obvious. Let's move on.

It wasn't just you. There were several people railing about the outcome of the Washington result, and I basically made a long post about how things are way better now than they have been through long periods of time in this program over the past 40 years. Which I stand by. 

I have issues with Ewers, but when he's on he shows a mastery of the concepts Sarkisian is trying to utilize to be effective. Tonight was definitely not one of those times. 

But I've always had issues with his ability to blow the top off the defense. I think all of us have issues with it. Which isn't what you're talking about, but it does reflect I'm not exactly a Ewers cheerleader. We'll see what happens. 

9 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Bro…

He might have a good game of two against an inferior team, but that would be playing time that Arch needs to be getting in preparation for the playoffs. It'll be a great story.

Just now, Michael Knight said:

You fucking idiots always do this same bullshit, we lost so it must be that our coach is a moron or our QB is dogshit or our defense is completely inept. You entitled bitches never seem to understand that theres another team on the field too and they have uniforms and everything. It’s why other fanbases all hate us cause we're a bunch of self absorbed assholes. Give credit to Georgia, their defense played fucking lights out and they beat us. Trevor Etienne was a hoss tonight. Carson Beck is still dogshit tho

You’re the idiot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Everyone shitting on Quinn needs to go watch the Alabama - Georgia game. Beck looked like shit. Quinn absolutely had a very bad game, but he'll be fine moving forward. 

I really hope so, cause post injury Quinn has not looked comfortable in the pocket and miss/making bad reads. 

16 minutes ago, dad said:

Oh ok then well deserved. I worked with a Duke grad once and she couldn’t tell you anything without mentioning it.

And somehow she was an idiot. A mechanical engineer who once asked me, what the units for RPM were.

Someone who works for a helicopter company.

Wtf.

Wow. Aren't they the fucking worst? His name is Clinton, but he prefers "Clint". Like, I don't give a fuck, "Clint". And stop asking if I'll design your basement, which we all know is either a sex dungeon for kids, or your other kidnapped victims. Fucking weirdo. 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

Everyone shitting on Quinn needs to go watch the Alabama - Georgia game. Beck looked like shit. Quinn absolutely had a very bad game, but he'll be fine moving forward. 

Think he's still hurting, or thinking about getting hurt again.  Timing is way off, mental clock is on DST, just out of sorts.  Maybe if Wisner catches that gift for a TD his head gets straight, but otherwise he was just off.  And the OL was not helping him get back on track much.

• Hook 'Em 2