Who do we fire?

ousux

The only thing getting fired is Ole Smokey. 

We won't drop past 4 to 5, we found our defense is legit, and we have a ton of questions marks on offense. 

Now with the playoff format we're right in the thick of the race to the SEC title game and playoff spot. No SEC team is undefeated and we have a good path to finishing the regular season with 1 loss. 

Have to figure out Quinn. Is this injury? Or a QB version of the yips? Can he right himself or do we need to go to Arch? This is not going to be an easy week for Sark. 

Edited by Hermanator

Just now, BigHorn'13 said:

Message board posters.  Tell me again, in the bigger picture of things, what was actually lost tonight? 

If the answer if some pride and the number 1 ranking, we'll get that back within a couple weeks. 

Margin for error for playoffs and SEC championship gets much smaller now

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Message board posters.  Tell me again, in the bigger picture of things, what was actually lost tonight? 
If the answer if some pride and the number 1 ranking, we'll get that back within a couple weeks. 
Will we? This is a team that got schooled by Bama who lost to bottom feeder Vandy and Tenner.

1 minute ago, ousux said:
10 minutes ago, BigHorn said:

Will we? This is a team that got schooled by Bama who lost to bottom feeder Vandy and Tenner.

I believe so. Look, the offense laid a big stinky grumpy on the field. Possibly created a QB controversy in the process. But I'll take us in a rematch anyday. 

9 minutes ago, ousux said:
18 minutes ago, BigHorn said:

Sober up and take a break.  Act like a fucking adult.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, UTEE97 said:

I vote for Milwee for not developing the #1 rated QB out of high school. The guys before Quinn didn't develop either. Arch might but he is a different breed.

Ewers has been put in position to succeed. they can't play the game for him

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Margin for error for playoffs and SEC championship gets much smaller now

Yeah, but that's really it.  This was our mulligan.  If we win out, we'll be playing in Atlanta for a conference championship and a playoff bye, the same as if we'd won tonight.

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Have to figure out Quinn. Is this injury? Or a QB version of the yips? Can he right himself or do we need to go to Arch? This is not going to be an easy week for Sark. 

This. Quinn wasn't sharp. OL was tested.

Just now, RPM said:

This. Quinn wasn't sharp. OL was tested.

And that turned out to be a terrible combination.  QE was tentative and off on everything.  There were some RPOs where he should have tucked it and had big yards but didn't.  Overall QB play was suspect, OH and Georgia was going to come after him.  

11 minutes ago, TOR said:

And that turned out to be a terrible combination.  QE was tentative and off on everything.  There were some RPOs where he should have tucked it and had big yards but didn't.  Overall QB play was suspect, OH and Georgia was going to come after him.  

He was horrible. He’s a problem and I don’t know why we are dancing around it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Who do we fire?

The commonly repeated advice for remembering whether to use who or whom is this: If you can replace the word with he or she or another subject pronoun, use who. If you can replace it with him or her (or another object pronoun), use whom. One way to remember this trick is that both him and whom end with the letter m. So, for example:

[Who/Whom] do we fire? Do you fire him? You wouldn’t say, “Do you fire he?” So whom is correct.

[Who/Whom] writes the songs. He writes the songs. You wouldn’t say, “Him writes the songs.” So who is correct.

This device also works when we parse the first example at the beginning of this post:

Think about [who/whom] you want to cover. Think about whether you want to cover him. So whom is correct.

Think about [who/whom] is eligible for coverage. Think about whether he is eligible for coverage.  So who is correct.

The sun came up! 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Who do we fire?

The commonly repeated advice for remembering whether to use who or whom is this: If you can replace the word with he or she or another subject pronoun, use who. If you can replace it with him or her (or another object pronoun), use whom. One way to remember this trick is that both him and whom end with the letter m. So, for example:

[Who/Whom] do we fire? Do you fire him? You wouldn’t say, “Do you fire he?” So whom is correct.

[Who/Whom] writes the songs. He writes the songs. You wouldn’t say, “Him writes the songs.” So who is correct.

This device also works when we parse the first example at the beginning of this post:

Think about [who/whom] you want to cover. Think about whether you want to cover him. So whom is correct.

Think about [who/whom] is eligible for coverage. Think about whether he is eligible for coverage.  So who is correct.

The sun came up! 

The Wire Roland Brice GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, ousux said:
14 hours ago, BigHorn said:

It isn't our fault that UGA picks and chooses when to show up. The team that beat us last night and spanked Clemson wasn't the team that played Bama, UK and MSU.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Alien Octopus said:

I say we fire the asshole in the replay booth for not dong his job on the other helmet to helmet hits UGA was dishing out.

This x1000. How was no targeting called? I've seen refs leaning toward one team or another but that was pretty bad. Had BLS flashbacks to OSU and Chuckles Strong. 

14 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Even if we win out our remaining schedule below, we're not getting the #1 spot back unless the teams ahead of us lose some games.

We're not getting it back until after we win the CFP.  

image.png.d9f716f28ebf21a8a0b22b5146b42182.png