Who do we fire?

ousux

No one. We're fine. It's a talent issue. It's why you keep stacking talent year over year. I'll repeat this in case you haven't read it- Kirby didn't just come in and dominate. It took him 2 years to make the playoffs, then he missed them for 4 years, so it took him 6 years to win a NC. It's why they beat the shit out of us. We lost by 2 TD's, which honestly isn't that bad. It could have been worse. It wasn't the worst game we've played by a long shot. Sark and Co just have to keep stacking talent year over year and we'll get there. Sark made the playoffs in year 3, so he's not far off from Kirby. It takes time to dominate like they have. We'll get there, just calm down. We're on a good trajectory, but this is a lesson we needed to learn. 

It was great being #1 for awhile, but we were never going undefeated. Hyperbole gets thrown around here (most of it by me), but realistically, we have to get punched in the mouth to start punching back. Mike Tyson said he got the shit beat out of him several times before he started to dominate. Shit takes time to build. We're in a better league which is great for getting better talent; but it's also hard as shit to win, which we need to learn how to do. You don't learn to sprint until you learn to walk. 

We need to roll with Arch for the time being. We don't need Quinn coming back at 99%, 95% and so on. Arch is the future and that's why we have these classes that we're getting high ranked kids. We don't need a controversy, but Arch needs the reps. Not this crap last night where he got scraps. He needs full blown action. Quinn will have to come back when he's 100%, and not be scared trying to play hero ball. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

I believe so. Look, the offense laid a big stinky grumpy on the field. Possibly created a QB controversy in the process. But I'll take us in a rematch anyday. 

Remember when VY got benched for Mock against Tech? How did that turn out?

QB controversy my ass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spankytoes said:

Remember when VY got benched for Mock against Tech? How did that turn out?

QB controversy my ass

Have you read any media article, posts on this site, or talked with the average fan? I'm not saying any of it is correct, and I'm glad Quinn got the opportunity to atone. Quinn gives us the best chance to win right now. 

Also comparing VY to Quinn is ridiculously laughable. 

42 minutes ago, Alien Octopus said:

Could happen Oregon TOSU UGA Penn St all could lose. 

Exactly. Plus, as @ATXbroncosaid, at the end of the year (when it counts.) Last night sucked donkey balls but hopefully it gets used as motivation. 

1 hour ago, HOOKEM4 said:

I rewatched the game today and the amount of plays with wide open receivers that were not seen by either qb was maddening. We have to start there. So I propose we HIRE Austin eye to fix the qbs.

I was getting into it a bit with the fucking tv seeing this shit all of the 1st half. It was frustrating as fuck. I hope we see those fucks again this year.

3 hours ago, bullet said:

We need to fire the guy setting up the sound system at halftime.

How much did UT pay for something nobody could hear, but maybe the band?

The olds complain when it’s too loud. Sets off their tinnitus from the war and scares the missus

Edited by Hank_Hill

5 minutes ago, Rholl said:

how about anyone that threw bottles on the field????   Can they all be fired?????

NCAA requested UT review video, determine which students in the student section threw bottles and then ban them from games for the rest of the season.

I hope that one guy with the weird hat with a longhorn-doll stuck on it wasn't one of the ones.

7 hours ago, Wishbone said:

I was getting into it a bit with the fucking tv seeing this shit all of the 1st half. It was frustrating as fuck. I hope we see those fucks again this year.

I re-watched the game through the first three quarters:
Quinn looked like he was having a very difficult time reading UGA defense in passing situations and he regressed back to some bad footwork like in 2022 and his post injury form in 2023. The oline did better than I thought in pass blocking, but definitely got dominated in run block. A lot of open receivers by QE was missed and we seemed to not really audible a lot which is crazy because we were the home team. Also, Wingo missed calling out UGA #6 when he blitzed QE to get the sack fumble, because it seemed like he was too far inside of Wingo when pressing him (I could be wrong).

The worst the oline played in pass block was when Arch was in.

QE also had a few opportunities under pressure to check down to Helm or a RB in their hot routes and check-and-releases when he did get under pressure.

Edited by txexlonghorn23