Game Week 2024, Week 8, Texas @ Vandy

Wulaw Horn

I hate Vanderbilt for what happened in 1928. But the age of silent movies and prohibition are over Vandy! It is our time to dominate.

My great-grandfather, who never even went to college and as far as I know was only a baseball fan, will nonetheless be avenged. He was alive and in the area at the time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

Vandy's going to try to slow the game down and hold onto the ball. The option is always dicey to play against since few teams run it. We need to figure out how to run the ball consistently since Quinn is still dicey with his decisions and pocket presence. I think this will be a lot closer than we would like. Ultimately, our defense will carry us through. 

- Will be good for team to go on the road after the spectacle/hype all of last week. 

- If healthy, it would be nice to give Jerrick Gibson some meaningful carries. We need more thunder out of RB room. 

- I expect the OL to bounce back big time

- Re: Quinn...get busy living or get busy dying. Open things up and throw the ball downfield.  Cant win a championship without connecting on deep balls. 

• Hook 'Em 2

While the loss to GA certainly stings as the offense was completely exposed, I do think that this is a game Texas wins running away. Texas is always at its worse when it has been sniffing own farts and all of the clingers on come out of woodwork. Seeing folks like Joe Rogan on sideline last night who have zero association with UT highlights this "celebrity culture" that always seems to fuck this program up in past.

I am flying out for Vandy game and I think we will see an angry, hungry, pissed off Longhorn team look to put a beatdown on Vandy. Get back to "Texas vs Everybody" mindset

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

While the loss to GA certainly stings as the offense was completely exposed, I do think that this is a game Texas wins running away. Texas is always at its worse when it has been sniffing own farts and all of the clingers on come out of woodwork. Seeing folks like Joe Rogan on sideline last night who have zero association with UT highlights this "celebrity culture" that always seems to fuck this program up in past.

I am flying out for Vandy game and I think we will see an angry, hungry, pissed off Longhorn team look to put a beatdown on Vandy. Get back to "Texas vs Everybody" mindset

Headed there myself….it will be fun. Vandy is fired up also. Looking forward to seeing Diego. Also curious to see the stadium renovations. 🤘🏻

Edited by Tailgate

Just now, The Ace of Aces said:

But no touches as a RB from the backfield. 

True - I get what you're saying. 

Just making the point that he was on the field and productive. He shouldn't have any issues taking some carries against Vandy. 

What happens with the football after that is in God's hands.

6 hours ago, ATLLonghorn said:

I just hope for once Texas plays pissed off. If they don't take Vandy seriously it's going to be a long afternoon so I hope this team finally develops a chip on their shoulder.

“For once”

”finally”

We obliterated 6 teams in a row until last night.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

That seems 10 points high. Geez. Vandy is a good team - better than anyone we’ve faced minus Georgia. 

They beat Ball State by 10 points yesterday.

Not sure how Bama being a shitshow concerns us. 

Michigan and OU computer ratings-wise are both firmly ahead of Vandy on the season.