Game Week 2024, Week 8, Texas @ Vandy

Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Vandy is going to be 100% a culture and statement game. We will find out who this team really is this weekend in Nashville. 

This.

If this team is anywhere as good as we thought it was on October 18, 2024 then they should be taking out some frustration on an over-matched team.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, immamac said:

Vandy is going to be 100% a culture and statement game. We will find out who this team really is this weekend in Nashville. 

Sure, but how much fun is a cripple fight when one of them is four feet taller and two hundred pounds heavier?

ANSWER: Lots of fun for lots of folks if the little one gnaws the big guy's nuts off.

SEC NOTE: Vandy was "fined" $100,000 for the recent field-storming. Is there a repeat offense clause in there somewhere?

23 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Vandy is not a great defense. It a good match-up for Quinn to get some confidence (in theory).  They are not fast in the secondary and they have played like they know that. They play off coverage and concede short throws. Texas should be able to move the ball. Texas should get to 30 pts even if they are mediocre on offense. If they break some tackles underneath, Texas should put up a lot of points.

The offense is a huge pain in the ass. They run every formation and every kind of offense imaginable. The whole basis of their offense is to mitigate their talent disadvantage. You have to play assignment sound. You cant let your eyes wonder and try to make plays. Pavia is the offense.

1Q will tell you  whether or not to get nervous. If it is like 0-0 after the 1Q, Texas is playing Vanderbilt's game and you should stay away from the game thread.

That sounds like GT under Paul Johnson.   Those teams were the worst - very simple, yet also confusing - and the clock would just continue to tick down.   Hopefully at least Vandy keeps their OL on their feet and not diving at the knees of your defense, like GT used to do.   Back when we (Clemson) used to play those teams, if we got out of there without any ACL injuries, that was about as much as we could hope for. 

I’m a Vandy undergrad/Texas grad. My grandpa was a Texas grad; the family has always been Texas fans, and I’ve been a die hard. While I always pull for Vandy, I hope Texas stomps them this week. Hook ‘em. 

I’ll also never understand why a school that had a mascot that sounds like commode would choose a catch phrase, “Anchor Down”, that sounds like taking dump.