SEC assesses Texas penalties for bottle-throwing

ztejas

Just now, Surly Bevo said:

This will get the 2 percenters on board and aggy will finally be 100% hostile when we pay them a visit in November.

Fayetteville was going to be such a pleasant experience but those jackasses in the student section just HAD to throw shit on the field.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

More details on the “punishment “:

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/football/2024/10/20/texas-football-punishments-sec-georgia-fans-throw-debris/75768281007/

“The SEC also ruled that Texas must review and update its athletic department game management and alcohol availability policies. Texas and the SEC must come to an agreement on policy to comply with existing SEC standards. Lastly, Texas must conduct a report and submit it to the SEC that summarizes its efforts to find offenders of the rules and how it will prevent future occurrences from happening.”

We should ask that the SEC reprimand the shitty refs that made such an egregiously heinous call that they withdrew it in embarrassment. Also, where was the delay of game flag that they should have thrown against us? The refs were fucking horrendous at their fucking job. They were also reinforcing targeting calls unevenly. This whole shit is really on them.

38 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

More details on the “punishment “:

https://www.statesman.com/story/sports/college/football/2024/10/20/texas-football-punishments-sec-georgia-fans-throw-debris/75768281007/

“The SEC also ruled that Texas must review and update its athletic department game management and alcohol availability policies. Texas and the SEC must come to an agreement on policy to comply with existing SEC standards. Lastly, Texas must conduct a report and submit it to the SEC that summarizes its efforts to find offenders of the rules and how it will prevent future occurrences from happening.”

fuck them in their fucking faces.  If CDC bows to this shit fuck him.  pay the fine and tell them to fix their corrupt/really fucking shitty officiating.  

I don't understand why the conference is penalizing us for the minor bottle throwing incidence. It was obviously a natural reaction to how unfairly the game was being called. The UGA fans I met said it was the best game day experience they had ever experienced. They also thought our fans had been the most hospitable bunch in the SEC. One fan said the other SEC team in the state was a shithole by comparison and wished the SEC would get rid of them.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

I wonder how the $250,000 compares to what the University of Georgia Athletic Department paid to settle the lawsuit against them for their players and staff killing people with their reckless behavior since the SEC and Kirby Smart are so concerned with safety. 

https://apnews.com/article/deadly-accident-georgia-football-lawsuit-settlement-7676424356f0528d0f30ed5f9964fd46

Edited by sidis
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, sidis said:

Yeah, definitely an embarrassing moment and a bad look for us overall. Just glad no one threw a golf ball at Kirby  

But sitting in the east side lower stands last night, I didnt really feel that way. I was so pissed off watching that play play out.m. That shit genuinely felt corrupt in the moment. I still think it fucked us in the end because everything that followed was a little off kilter because everyone was so shocked and confused going forward. That back judge who was on our sideline last night should never be allowed on the field for a college football game. He was brutally bad at his job. Regardless, fans can’t be doing that shit.

And Kirby Smart, an absolute lunatic who has shoved opposing players on the sideline and who needs a dumbass whose job it is to pull him off the field every time he inappropriately goes onto the field of play to have a hissy fit, acting like a sanctimonious twat concerned for player safety when his players and staff haven’t just gotten arrested, but their reckless behavior has led to tragedy is some pretty choice shit. Fuck him and his false self-righteousness. 

Nah the team scored it was the following drive where I knew they would win, where they had that 3rd and long but converted DKR was loud as fuck before that.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, sidis said:

I wonder how the $250,000 compares to what the University of Georgia Athletic Department to setttle the lawsuit against them for their players and staff killing people with their reckless behavior since the SEC and Kirby Smart are so concerned with safety. 

https://apnews.com/article/deadly-accident-georgia-football-lawsuit-settlement-7676424356f0528d0f30ed5f9964fd46

that should be the response,  "thankfully, Kirby, no one died during the horrific plastic water bottle tossing incident. How you doin'?".

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, linux said:

Nah the team scored it was the following drive where I knew they would win, where they had that 3rd and long but converted DKR was loud as fuck before that.

100% the third and long comeback route was our chance blown. But everything just felt weird from the call reversal forward. 

Just now, Chico_SA said:

Shit man. .. I get why they were pissed.  I'm just saying pay it and move on.  Wilcox doesn't know shit about me and  can suck my dick.  

This is an odd comment.  Do you think that the Texas administration is NOT going to pay it or something? 

31 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

I don't understand why the conference is penalizing us for the minor bottle throwing incidence. It was obviously a natural reaction to how unfairly the game was being called. The UGA fans I met said it was the best game day experience they had ever experienced. They also thought our fans had been the most hospitable bunch in the SEC. One fan said the other SEC team in the state was a shithole by comparison and wished the SEC would get rid of them.

You sure you’re not reporting on the aggy experience at KF?

When there's a game changing penalty, the crew usually gets together for a second or two longer to make sure they saw what they saw.

They could've taken 12 extra seconds before the bottle throwing to make sure they got it all correct.

They didn't, ergo Dasani.

• Hook 'Em 2

What?  No.  Something is getting lost in the context.     I get why they were upset and threw things. I might have thrown something at the house.  I'm just getting caught up on all this.  All I'm saying is that if someone is issuing a penalty, just own it and move on.  Really didn't mean to come off against our fans.  

1 minute ago, smoky said:

When there's a game changing penalty, the crew usually gets together for a second or two longer to make sure they saw what they saw.

They could've taken 12 extra seconds before the bottle throwing to make sure they got it all correct.

They didn't, ergo Dasani.

Actually Dasani should pay the fine on UT’s behalf for all the publicity. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chico_SA said:

What?  No.  Something is getting lost in the context.     I get why they were upset and threw things. I might have thrown something at the house.  I'm just getting caught up on all this.  All I'm saying is that if someone is issuing a penalty, just own it and move on.  Really didn't mean to come off against our fans.  

If you're suggesting our message board fans-- on surlyhorns of all places-- stop talking about how stupid the SEC is for causing this incident and then demanding apologies and actions, I can assure you that you're wasting your time.

The proper response is pay the fine, and tell them to pound sand on the rest of it.

Unless/until they reprimand a high profile head coach for assaulting an opposing player on the sidelines, any words they utter about concerns over safety and sportsmanship, are demonstrably false and laughably stupid.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

There’s a pretty unanimous negative reaction towards Texas online after that. The people on Reddit is expected, but the people on Twitter are having the same reaction. That’s a huge fucking deal

UN Security Council is meeting on this matter as we type. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3