SEC assesses Texas penalties for bottle-throwing

ztejas

17 hours ago, ztejas said:

https://www.secsports.com/news/2024/10/university-of-texas-penalized-for-football-game-interruption

Under the sportsmanship, game management and alcohol availability policies established by the Southeastern Conference, the University of Texas will:

• Be assessed a financial penalty of $250,000;
  • Be required to use all available resources, including security, stadium and television video, to identify individuals who threw objects onto the playing field or at the opposing team. All individuals identified as having been involved in disrupting the game shall be prohibited from attending Texas Athletics events for the remainder of the 2024-25 academic and athletic year;
  • Review and update its Athletics Department game management procedures and alcohol availability policies to prevent a recurrence of Saturday night’s disruption, which shall include an evaluation of agreed upon SEC Sportsmanship, Game Management and Alcohol policies to verify full compliance with existing standards, and
  • Following completion of this review, the University shall provide a report to the Conference Office to summarize its efforts to identify and penalize offenders and its plan to enact policies to prevent future similar incidents while ensuring compliance with Conference standards.

KMLVDAAJ77RSOCBONKSK7ZZ4MU.jpg?auth=37b0

15 hours ago, AbeFroman said:

Y’all take a check?

straight-cash-homey-randy-moss.gif

17 hours ago, Helobious said:

There’s a pretty unanimous negative reaction towards Texas online after that. The people on Reddit is expected, but the people on Twitter are having the same reaction. That’s a huge fucking deal

16 hours ago, Helobious said:

Like everyone else here, you don’t get it. If you don’t think Texas gets extra hostile treatment the rest of the way you’re insane

Negged for being a bitch. Christ, how do you function?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Tex Long said:

Dear Mr. Sec:

Please be advised that we have received your communication levying a fine of $250,000 against us and requiring an investigation and report identifying as many of the approximately 15,000 persons believed to be guilty of the alleged manual projection of objects and potentially causing serious bodily injury to referees whose incredibly incompetent game management appears to have initiated the incident.

We have already commenced the investigation, and it is abundantly apparent that it will be extremely time-consuming and will need quite a few investigators. Fortunately, it appears that we will be able to create a NIL component to pay substantial amounts to several dozen student-athletes to assist with Public Service Appearances needed to carry out the needed work.

While we have no accurate assessment of the time and dollar amounts the entire effort will need, you should rest assured that we will spare no effort or expense to complete it at the earliest possible date. 

No doubt you will understand that we will not be able to forward the $250,000 fine until the reports detailing the results of our investigation have been completed to both our and your satisfaction.

In the meantime, you may wish to examine the implications of Sovereign Immunity as relating to the public educational institutions of the State of Texas.

Sincerely yours,

[REDACTED]

This needs to come from Dickbutt, Dickbutt, and Dickbutt L.L.C. on Dickbutt letterhead.

dickbutt GIF

Edited by MissingInAction
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, ousux said:

We got away with some, Georgia got away with some. Having said that, I think in this particular game we would have benefitted from them being sticklers about holding on the O-lines. Georgias O-line isn't anything special, but they look pretty good when they can clothesline our edge rushers with impunity.

15 hours ago, dcar00 said:

I was talking about an offensive play. but yes, they still found a way to throw the "oh shit, big play for Texas" flag.

We got some turnabout with one holding that didn't get called when Quinn was in the end zone.  That DL's jersey we held looked like a sail full and by.

13 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

Stanford game in 1999 when our fans booed the marching band

Why?

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah it's good to see were all in agreement that:

1) Quinn was fine

2) It was the Oline

3) Students should not have thrown bottles. It looks terrible on Texas.

4) Who gives a fuck if they threw bottles

5) Students should have thrown bottles.

6) Quinn was terrible

7) The Oline wasn't the problem 

8- Sark will fix it

9) Sark is an idiot

10) Arch isn't ready to start

11) Arch has to start

12) We're fine and will win the SEC and make the CFP

13) We're doomed

14) Modelo should never be thrown as it's terrific

15) Modelo is terrible

16) Games need more political add commercials 

michael fassbender perfection GIF

• Hook 'Em 1

Sarkisian said something to the effect of "I know we have a passionate fanbase and you could see that in that moment. We don't want to DKR to be known for that, so we've got to use a little better discretion. Ultimately, I think they got the call right, and that's what we want." His answer was good and did not harp on the fans (who were 100% correct).

Just now, DanTheHorn said:

Making sure the world knows that we think the SEC fan bases are bigger pussies than any BIG XII fan base is awesome!

They are. They think they're special. And they can fuck themselves.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Throwing shit on the field will never be correct. It aint correct when fans of other teams do it, and I dont give a fuck that a call went against Texas. 

I just meant they were correct in revolting.

But truly, I don't give a shit about them throwing the bottles. The call would never have been corrected had they not done it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Throwing shit on the field will never be correct. It aint correct when fans of other teams do it, and I dont give a fuck that a call went against Texas. 

It's not correct to throw things on the field and you shouldn't do that. I wouldn't have thrown my 20 dollar water bottle on the field.

It was funny though, it's nice people care that much. Nobody got hurt. 

1 minute ago, Tex Pete said:

I just meant they were correct in revolting.

But truly, I don't give a shit about them throwing the bottles. The call would never have been corrected had they not done it.

You don't know that.

Granted I don't think I have ever seen a PI penalty announced and then reversed before.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Agreed it was not correct and like my daughter said we are better than that but sometimes protesting is the only way to send a message. It is good that a message was sent early that Texas does not care for the SEC antics of them wanting to control results in the name of the SEC brotherhood. Georgia like aggy proclaimed to me the greatness of the SEC before their own and they have actually won two NCs in the last three years. I told the person I will never understand how a school's fan base can be prouder of their conference before their school.

Edited by DanTheHorn

I’d be surprised if the “ask” of the university to identify bottle throwers was anything more than a stab in the dark (not actually expecting anyone to be identified) or just a “wink, wink” request.  
University will just say “we tried, oh lord how we tried…. But the video is just too grainy to be certain.”   Pay the money, move on

45 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It's not correct to throw things on the field and you shouldn't do that. I wouldn't have thrown my 20 dollar water bottle on the field.

And 95% of the people in the stadium didn't throw anything. That includes me.

You don't know that.

I know that Georgia was getting ready to resume play and the officials were not huddling before the fan reaction.

• Hook 'Em 3

Meh, the fans have taken the high road and we saw even more ref fuckery in the B12. It was really amazing how our opponents seemed to play their cleanest games of the year against us.

Grumbling on the internet did fuck all. Coaches sending in videos of the rigged games did fuck all. Heck the conference only became more emboldened to jerk us around.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I’d be surprised if the “ask” of the university to identify bottle throwers was anything more than a stab in the dark (not actually expecting anyone to be identified) or just a “wink, wink” request.  
University will just say “we tried, oh lord how we tried…. But the video is just too grainy to be certain.”   Pay the money, move on
That might be the case if it werent for Tennessee fans doing the same thing a couple years back. Same $250k fine, and bottle throwers were banned for the rest of the year.