SEC assesses Texas penalties for bottle-throwing

ztejas

Books will be written about this. We didn’t want to be here. They wanted us only for money. Marriage of convenience. First real fight and I can’t see us ever getting over it. Ever. 

My next door neighbor went to GA and she’s lovely. Native Austinite that wanted to get away. But all the other SEC fucksticks I know are all over the “we shouldn’t have invited you” mantra. 

We need to win the fuck out. And leave the trophy sitting on the field in a pile of Bevo patty. 

• Hook 'Em 3

There is really some Post Texas SEC Disorder going on. I told an SEC SEC SEC guy, that I didn't know Kirby was going to whine about this after the game and he lost his mind. When I ask him about Tennessee batteries and mustard bottles and LSU piss balloons he quit responding.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Crapinon said:

There is really some Post Texas SEC Disorder going on. I told an SEC SEC SEC guy, that I didn't know Kirby was going to whine about this after the game and he lost his mind. When I ask him about Tennessee batteries and mustard bottles and LSU piss balloons he quit responding.

We should be better than those poorly educated rednecks.

• Hook 'Em 3

18 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I was at the game where our fans threw garbage on the field at the 1995 Sugar Bowl for no reason at all besides our team was playing bad.

I was also there, and your statement is incorrect. There were definitely bottles, cans, and cups raining down into the endzone at that game, but it was in response to (I believe) a roughing the passer penalty near the end of the game after one of our defenders hit Jim Druckenmiller. Shouldn't have happened, but it wasn't done just because we were playing poorly.

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

Three members of the crew spoke quite a bit before announcing the alleged DPI. ABC was not showing us whether or where the ball was being placed after the alleged DPI. I think this is Matt Loeffler pointing at a beer can at the 30 yard line after 12 seconds had run off the clock, and the clock had indeed been running for those 12 seconds until there was a stoppage at 2:48, which leads me to infer that the ball had already been placed at about the 46 yard line (the spot of the "foul") and might have been snapped if it weren't for that meddling beer can.

I was at the game and the ball had already been placed near midfield before the stoppage.

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Who are you talking to

Any of the assholes who threw their water bottles onto the field.

They all should volunteer to get together and run a few laps and windsprints in atonement. 
Or maybe run the steps.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, horn009 said:

No, but it was talking about the SEC's flaws. While the SEC isn't perfect, I would still rather be in it over the Big 12 any day. 

I don't really care. I went to Texas. I root for Texas. The rest doesn't matter to me.

FTR, in our stadium, Georgia fans were worse Saturday than any Tech fans I ever encountered in Austin. In Lubbock, Tech fans sucked...and I am guessing Georgia fans will be awful in Athens.

• Hook 'Em 4

41 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

If Coach Sarkisian tells y’all to stop throwing shit on the field then you better goddam well stop doing it immediately, and don’t do that lowbrow shit again.

I agree with you. I do. While I’m proud that we impacted a correct call, you also want to let the head man handle the beef. So he has to. Take Kirby, he goes ape about every call he doesn’t deserve. Sark should not do that. But, he should lose his mind when he’s being fucked. He doesn’t enough. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, horn009 said:

Do you not remember how classless the Tech fans were? 

They’re Texans. My crazy relation is still my family. Those sobs across the street from Missouri.  F them. I include those hayseeds from the Brazos Valley. F them as well. 

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I agree with you. I do. While I’m proud that we impacted a correct call, you also want to let the head man handle the beef. So he has to. Take Kirby, he goes ape about every call he doesn’t deserve. Sark should not do that. But, he should lose his mind when he’s being fucked. He doesn’t enough. 

he actually did on that play. i am in section 30 and i was locked in on sark when that fucking dipshit of a back judge threw the flag and i nearly flew out of my shoes while the rest of the stadium was cheering on the int return. sark did the exact same thing and it was obvious because everyone else on the sideline started moving towards the south end zone celebrating the pick but sark flew off the sidelines towards the north end zone at the official and i thought he and i were both going to stroke out at the same time. he was fucking pissed and he finally let an official have it.

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I was also there, and your statement is incorrect. There were definitely bottles, cans, and cups raining down into the endzone at that game, but it was in response to (I believe) a roughing the passer penalty near the end of the game after one of our defenders hit Jim Druckenmiller. Shouldn't have happened, but it wasn't done just because we were playing poorly.

Pretty sure it was after a VaTech player scored and ran to the back of the endzone to throw the horns-down and taunt the 20,000 Texas fans sitting there.  It rained bourbon and coke.

But not me, I'm no dummy, I drank mine rather than throwing it.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Pretty sure it was after a VaTech player scored and ran to the back of the endzone to throw the horns-down and taunt the 20,000 Texas fans sitting there.  It rained bourbon and coke.

That's why you fill the previous cup with piss.  Just don't get them mixed up.

• Hook 'Em 1

They more or less threatened our alcohol privileges, if we don't.

Again, what can they actually do? Just stop letting teams come play? Kick Texas out of the conference?
Was he sitting backwards in his chair when he wrote this?  Coming at you here?  Let’s get real?  That reads like a chastity pledge “peer” talk. 

This is gonna be an unpopular opinion, but I can’t stand the guy.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

Again, what can they actually do? Just stop letting teams come play? Kick Texas out of the conference?

My guess is we'd be relinquishing our full share of the TV deals. I don't think kicking us out would be in the cards unless things truly weren't working out, but that wouldn't have been the bottle throwers' fault.

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

In our current environment I'm glad it was plastic bottles and not RPG fire launched on to the field.

We need to let the SEC refs know we have drones and will use them if necessary...

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

12 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

How many students will they actually identify and punish? Any mugshots yet? Tiddies? Just curious.

May God help anyone who's caught snitching.

The delay is what saved us on that DPI, but it didn't have to take the form of bottle-throwing.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I didn't throw anything either. But the throwers were fairly close to me in the endzone in that instance.

10 minutes ago, sidis said:

he actually did on that play. i am in section 30 and i was locked in on sark when that fucking dipshit of a back judge threw the flag and i nearly flew out of my shoes while the rest of the stadium was cheering on the int return. sark did the exact same thing and it was obvious because everyone else on the sideline started moving towards the south end zone celebrating the pick but sark flew off the sidelines towards the north end zone at the official and i thought he and i were both going to stroke out at the same time. he was fucking pissed and he finally let an official have it.

Maybe Sark has learned something...if you ain't rubbin' you ain't racin'.  Kirby Smart is going apeshit for 90% of the game, almost every play.  and you can guarandamtee it is working on these sons of bitches.

Just now, Jkwellborn said:

their largest stick would probably be something having to do with conference payouts through violation of agreed to bylaws. suspension and termination are on the table as well.

here they are: give them a quick read. 3.1.5 deals with termination if you want to see the nuclear option. 2/3rds vote can terminate membership.

https://www.secsports.com/sec-bylaws

of course, have fun explaining to disney about that negotiated tv contract that you are terminating texas.

obviously this is all dumb and moot. texas is going to deal with this in an appropriate manner not because the sec wants us to...but because it is the appropriate thing to do for the university and the athletic dept.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

Maybe Sark has learned something...if you ain't rubbin' you ain't racin'.  Kirby Smart is going apeshit for 90% of the game, almost every play.  and you can guarandamtee it is working on these sons of bitches.

Kirby Smart is a clown.  He has some fool on staff who is responsible for pulling at his belt to keep him off the field.  I do not care how good of a football coach he is, he's a stinking clown.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidis said:

their largest stick would probably be something having to do with conference payouts through violation of agreed to bylaws. suspension and termination are on the table as well.

here they are: give them a quick read. 3.1.5 deals with termination if you want to see the nuclear option. 2/3rds vote can terminate membership.

https://www.secsports.com/sec-bylaws

of course, have fun explaining to disney about that negotiated tv contract that you are terminating texas.

obviously this is all dumb and moot. texas is going to deal with this in an appropriate manner not because the sec wants us to...but because it is the appropriate thing to do for the university and the athletic dept.

I still want to know how this is anywhere close to 20,000 people rushing a field. way more fucking dangerous.  people can actually get killed. They are pissed that our student section called their refs out on their bullshit early and were proven correct.  What starts here changes the world.  I wish we'd have won the game to watch the SEC World burn to the ground. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

Kirby Smart is a clown.  He has some fool on staff who is responsible for pulling at his belt to keep him off the field.  I do not care how good of a football coach he is, he's a stinking clown.

agreed.  Sark just needs to do a bit more rubbin'.  There is a way to do it to not get into clown territory.  Coach K was a master.  He took Knight's clown act and refined it like fine wine.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

Books will be written about this. We didn’t want to be here. They wanted us only for money. Marriage of convenience. First real fight and I can’t see us ever getting over it. Ever. 

My next door neighbor went to GA and she’s lovely. Native Austinite that wanted to get away. But all the other SEC fucksticks I know are all over the “we shouldn’t have invited you” mantra. 

We need to win the fuck out. And leave the trophy sitting on the field in a pile of Bevo patty. 

Processing Downloading GIF by Mashable

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

My guess is we'd be relinquishing our full share of the TV deals. I don't think kicking us out would be in the cards unless things truly weren't working out, but that wouldn't have been the bottle throwers' fault.

Right.  Theoretically they could withhold payments from the conference TV deals.  It would be an extreme option that would almost inevitably end up terminating the relationship between Texas and the SEC, but it's not ever going to come to that.

12 minutes ago, sidis said:

Yes, Texas will handle it as is appropriate.  The formal apologies from university administrators have already been issued, and the fine will be paid.  We'll see how diligent the athletic department is about coming up with names of the offenders, as has been suggested already, I'm assuming we have TOP. MEN. working on it, in shifts.

I expect the university administration will also privately send a communication asking the league office if they intend to uphold conference rules about coaches calling out the refs, since Kirby Smart openly stated in the on-field post-game interview that the officials were trying to "rob them" of the victory.

And if I were Texas I'd also privately ask what the SEC administration is planning on doing to reprimand Kirby Smart for assaulting a 20-year old kid from the opposing team on the sideline last week, as well.  There's a pretty clear history of unacceptable behavior from one specific person here.  I'd like to see UT also bring that to the attention of the league office, privately of course.

Edited by utee94

20 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

He needs to be worried about his busted ass qb.

Having a stupid distraction like getting those assholes to stop throwing shit on the field interferes with his coaching. 
He’s got enough to worry about as it is.