SEC assesses Texas penalties for bottle-throwing

ztejas

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

We need to let the SEC refs know we have drones and will use them if necessary...

Can they be programmed to follow their cars down I35 after the fame for a mile or 2  just to freak them out a little?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

If they had the video capability to do that "a while back," then there should NEVER be a replay that doesn't have every possible permutation of angles to show what happened on the field when a game comes to our stadium. 

the system is not for the game, it is for safety/emergency scenarios.

8 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

I like the Woodrow Call reference. I really do.

That's because you've got Gus' sense of humor. I don't think Gus would ever refer to himself in the third person like you used to always do, at least as I recall ... but then again, I'm older than a Texas Ranger, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Yeah it's good to see were all in agreement that:

1) Quinn was fine

2) It was the Oline

3) Students should not have thrown bottles. It looks terrible on Texas.

4) Who gives a fuck if they threw bottles

5) Students should have thrown bottles.

6) Quinn was terrible

7) The Oline wasn't the problem 

8- Sark will fix it

9) Sark is an idiot

10) Arch isn't ready to start

11) Arch has to start

12) We're fine and will win the SEC and make the CFP

13) We're doomed

14) Modelo should never be thrown as it's terrific

15) Modelo is terrible

16) Games need more political add commercials 

*OUsucks (no cap)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Armybrat said:

We should be better than those poorly educated rednecks.

I agree. But what gets me is the pearl clutching just because it's Texas. A lot of them are acting like Texas sullied the reputation of the chaste, virginal sec. He's still sending me videos of dumbass GA fans complaining about it and the call reversal. 

2 hours ago, Hayduke said:

That's because you've got Gus' sense of humor. I don't think Gus would ever refer to himself in the third person like you used to always do, at least as I recall ... but then again, I'm older than a Texas Ranger, so maybe I'm not remembering correctly.

Pardon the hijack, but this Sig P365X Texas Ranger is only a few months old. 
Carry on….

IMG_6333.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

I agree. But what gets me is the pearl clutching just because it's Texas. A lot of them are acting like Texas sullied the reputation of the chaste, virginal sec. He's still sending me videos of dumbass GA fans complaining about it and the call reversal. 

This.. F them.. all of 'em. That league historically has been about the dirtiest group of hayseeds and bag men. I hope we beat them in every sport, minus meat judging for the cosplay aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

This was far more dangerous than throwing water bottles into the field, but the SEC only fined them $100k and didn't demand any full-scale investigations of perpetrators.

https://whnt.com/news/sec-fines-vanderbilt-100k-after-fans-rush-field-tear-down-goal-post-following-victory-over-alabama/

I guess we will just have to score touchdowns and 2 point conversions.  Auburn will have a light day.

• Haha 1

I mean if I'm being honest if some other fan base did it I'd probably think they were trashy. But in this specific instance I can forgive it because the call on the field was that egregious in how bad it was. That game is basically over if they call that a penalty and give Georgia the ball back.

• Hook 'Em 1

If I'm being honest, a bad call of that magnitude being rushed with the beneficiary lined up to snap the next play, my opinion of the fans and their trashiness would depend very much on their preexisting reputation and whether anyone got hurt. I would probably feel the same if this had happened to Michigan at the Big House, for example, but it really just depends on context and execution.

https://sports.yahoo.com/georgia-texas-most-watched-cfb-game-of-2024-season-so-far-alabama-tennessee-draws-third-highest-audience-204611677.html

Saturday's marquee prime-time matchup between then-No. 5 Georgia and No. 1 Texas at 7:30 p.m. ET drew an average of 12.9 million viewers with a peak at 14.1 million, according to ESPN. That's the highest audience for a college football game this season and is the biggest peak viewership for a regular season college football broadcast on ESPN platforms since 2016.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Crapinon said:

There is really some Post Texas SEC Disorder going on. I told an SEC SEC SEC guy, that I didn't know Kirby was going to whine about this after the game and he lost his mind. When I ask him about Tennessee batteries and mustard bottles and LSU piss balloons he quit responding.

They're whining about being robbed because they didn't get what was the worst call since the Oklahoma St. fumble in what 2014?  And then they claim they were robbed in not getting the TD at the one, which looked like a good call to me.

The ones who watched it on TV are trashing Texas fans and talking all kinds of shit.  The ones who were actually there all had great experiences.

16 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

What I’m really saying is refs should do their best to call the game correctly and when one of them makes a mistake the other refs should hold them accountable in that moment, or at the least they should be held accountable in a meaningful way after the game.

When you can’t count on accountability against the people in charge of ensuring a clean game, you aren’t dealing with a clean game. We chose not to just shrug our shoulders and aww shucks our way through that situation and instead we got dirty when they got dirty. And holy shit it fucking worked! They would not have changed that call without the delay. 

I would rather not go dirty, leave that to the sister fucking okies, but I’m not mad that some water was spilled on the field to call out a rigging which was actively underway under our noses. 

I would like to reiterate, I grew up in west Texas where refs are reviled, so I have some bias here. 

I think there's a lot bigger issue with gamblers paying the refs than trying to screw teams.  Those Oklahoma St. refs HAD to have money on that game.  They couldn't hate Texas and Strong that much.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

This was far more dangerous than throwing water bottles into the field, but the SEC only fined them $100k and didn't demand any full-scale investigations of perpetrators.

https://whnt.com/news/sec-fines-vanderbilt-100k-after-fans-rush-field-tear-down-goal-post-following-victory-over-alabama/

Between Vanderbilt and Tennessee, Alabama just made $200K.  The fines for rushing the field are paid to the opponent.

2 hours ago, bernorange said:

SEC officials want to fine Boston because the locals there threw some tea into the harbor a few years ago when they were mad over some tax issue.

Well it is interesting that throwing things on the field is 250k.  Throwing mustard bottles and golf balls at the opposing team is 250k.  Rushing the field is 100k the first time.

2 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Pardon the hijack, but this Sig P365X Texas Ranger is only a few months old. 
Carry on….

IMG_6333.jpeg

If we're being honest, it's a hijack of a hijack, so a double negative. Technically not a hijack at all.

Between the lines, though, and after seeing your earlier anti-bottle stance, I perceive a subtle message here. It's "Water bottles? Armybrat don't need no stinkin' water bottles." 😁

Some years ago, Texas fans sat quietly while zebras repeatedly raped student athletes at the behest of conference big wigs so they could send their buddy Grant Teaff off in to the sunset with a win.  Sitting quietly and ""enjoying rape" is a losing Clayton Williams strategy. 

Instead of trying to penalize the fans that were protesting an egregious error, the SEC should be reimbursing them for their lost beverages.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, bernorange said:

Some years ago, Texas fans sat quietly while zebras repeatedly raped student athletes at the behest of conference big wigs so they could send their buddy Grant Teaff off in to the sunset with a win.  Sitting quietly and ""enjoying rape" is a losing Clayton Williams strategy. 

Instead of trying to penalize the fans that were protesting an egregious error, the SEC should be reimbursing them for their lost beverages.

Yep, that entire game was a blatant gang rape by the refs as a retirement gift for Teaff. 
He should’ve been embarrassed by the obvious corruption.

59 minutes ago, bernorange said:

That was the most blatant referee shenanigans helping one team that I will ever witness.

• Hook 'Em 1

I had never seen this story on that game before. Holy crap, even Teaff admits it.

https://baylorbears.com/news/2017/10/27/baylor_flashback_nov_21_1992.aspx

I was at the game and sitting about 5 rows up near midfield among Baylor players' families. It was right in front of what I now recall was ruled as a non-recovery of a fumble that was clearly still inbounds. What that play was is a little fuzzy, but what's not is the very clear memory of call after call after call that went against us, including the spotting of the ball on Brown's run.

• Rage+1 2

32 minutes ago, Hayduke said:

I had never seen this story on that game before. Holy crap, even Teaff admits it.

I was at the game and sitting about 5 rows up near midfield among Baylor players' families. It was right in front of what I now recall was ruled as a non-recovery of a fumble that was clearly still inbounds. What that play was is a little fuzzy, but what's not is the very clear memory of call after call after call that went against us, including the spotting of the ball on Brown's run.

That is some bullshit, that he knew Texas got screwed on calls but he thought is was ok because Texas got calls in the past. Fuck Grant Teaff and Fuck Baylor. I am glad Grant Teaff lived to see Texas leave Baylor in the past. 

The other referee fucking we got was the ‘99 bonfire game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hayduke said:

I can tell you about the play you are referring to...

Baylor had the ball and there was a pass to the right side of the field. Receiver caught the ball, turns and was immediately hit by the Texas defender and the ball came out. Texas recovers.

There were two reasonable rulings on the play - either it was incomplete or it was a catch and a fumble recovered by Texas.

The call? Catch and down due to forward progress being stopped.

Complete and utter bullshit call.

• Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, statsman said:

That is some bullshit, that he knew Texas got screwed on calls but he thought is was ok because Texas got calls in the past. Fuck Grant Teaff and Fuck Baylor. I am glad Grant Teaff lived to see Texas leave Baylor in the past. 

The other referee fucking we got was the ‘99 bonfire game. 

When I think of ref jobs, 2015 vs. OSU is always at the top of the list. 

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwE7CK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAy

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

9 hours ago, The University said:

the system is not for the game, it is for safety/emergency scenarios.

I understand that, I simply mean if that kind of ability is available it should also be brought to bear on the multi-billion dollar industry conducting business between the lines.  

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Yes, CDC should have come out with a statement supporting throwing water bottles on the field every time they’re upset with a call.  In fact, he should encourage them to branch out and not just restrict themselves to water bottles.  Beer cans would work, and batteries are always popular.  Hell he should ask them to all bring golf balls.  You can throw a golf ball a fucking long ass way, and I guarantee if you hit a ref in the head with a golf ball from the stands he will think twice about throwing that flag next time.

He doesn't have to say all that.  he can just say he considers bringing golf balls to a game as "good luck" and a new turdition.  they are kind of like spherical tortillas made of rubber and polyurethane.

1 hour ago, TrashMaster G said:

I can tell you about the play you are referring to...

Baylor had the ball and there was a pass to the right side of the field. Receiver caught the ball, turns and was immediately hit by the Texas defender and the ball came out. Texas recovers.

There were two reasonable rulings on the play - either it was incomplete or it was a catch and a fumble recovered by Texas.

The call? Catch and down due to forward progress being stopped.

Complete and utter bullshit call.

The “reason” for the fuckery was Mao Grant Teaff could go out with a winning record and bowl game in his last season. Of course, Texas needed that win to go to a bowl game (the UNT win didn’t count towards the six wins necessary, them being D-1AA), too. Their gift to Grant Teaff fucked a squad of Longhorns over. 
Roger’s Redding was the referee. Check out the box score-Baylor didn’t give enough of a shit about Teaff to fill the stadium, but the refs had to take care of their friend. 

Edited:

https://www.curriejefferson.com/obituaries/rogers-redding

If you’re thinking of writing a letter to Redding, asking what he was doing, you’re out of luck  

IMG_3480.png

Edited by statsman

The “reason” for the fuckery was Mao Grant Teaff could go out with a winning record and bowl game in his last season. Of course, Texas needed that win to go to a bowl game (the UNT win didn’t count towards the six wins necessary, them being D-1AA), too. Their gift to Grant Teaff fucked a squad of Longhorns over. 
Roger’s Redding was the referee. Check out the box score-Baylor didn’t give enough of a shit about Teaff to fill the stadium, but the refs had to take care of their friend. 

Edited:
https://www.curriejefferson.com/obituaries/rogers-redding

If you’re thinking of writing a letter to Redding, asking what he was doing, you’re out of luck  
IMG_3480.thumb.png.ee03f564dfb3c7846ccdd74f17a4a4fa.png

Did Baylor get raped in the bowl game?

1 hour ago, Park Gothic said:

When I think of ref jobs, 2015 vs. OSU is always at the top of the list. 

hq720.jpg?sqp=-oaymwE7CK4FEIIDSFryq4qpAy

Same. But that was like, egregious, consistent, AND consistently egregious. I've still never seen anything like it.

4 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

That was the most blatant referee shenanigans helping one team that I will ever witness.

it was, but airing that grainy footage from 32 years ago is meaningless

belmont has the resources to put out a video press release which shows the critical 3 seconds of the play

cut to CDC asking how that call is possible

show the play again

cut to kirby assaulting the klan aggy player

cut back to CDC asking how that was not fined

show the play again

iso on the zebra who threw the flag

freezeframe and draw bidirectional arrow and paint in large font the number of feet away that zebra was from the 2 players

show the teams lined up to run the next play with CDC voiceover "the call was only overturned as a result of the protest"

show the first bottle hitting the field

cut to the field storming chaos "this incident endangered 1000s but was only fined $100k"

then show the play again with CDC voiceover "so we will add an additional $150k to our fine and pay it in Vanderbilt's name to ensure equitable treatment for all SEC members"