SEC assesses Texas penalties for bottle-throwing

ztejas

5 hours ago, Hayduke said:

I had never seen this story on that game before. Holy crap, even Teaff admits it.

https://baylorbears.com/news/2017/10/27/baylor_flashback_nov_21_1992.aspx

I was at the game and sitting about 5 rows up near midfield among Baylor players' families. It was right in front of what I now recall was ruled as a non-recovery of a fumble that was clearly still inbounds. What that play was is a little fuzzy, but what's not is the very clear memory of call after call after call that went against us, including the spotting of the ball on Brown's run.

That call was way, way worse than the BS on Saturday. Was a pass to a Baylor WR who caught the ball, took one step, got popped by our DB; ball came out and we fell on it. Either incomplete or fumble, right? Wrong - after a 5-minute conference they called completed catch, forward progress stopped (the motherfucker dropped the ball as soon as we made contact), first down Baylor. They went on to score what I think was the winning TD…

EDIT - Trashmaster already answered

Edited by Ignatius