Coach Sark Press Conference 10.20 - 11:30am LHN

BigOrange1

Crap. 

Well Kurt asked one of his gotcha questions about defense playing better than offense.

And Sark in a couple of sentences shot him down and then said not everybody reads newspapers.

That got a lot of laughs.

Sorry for not elaborating more but I'm working as I'm listening.

Edited by Davis Lane
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

how does anyone watch this?

I tried on the LHN website. 

Yeah the app and site are pretty terrible. You can watch it live, but I guess there's a period after it ends when nobody can watch it until it gets added to On Demand. Should pop up as Game Preview Press Conference at some point.

16 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

No questions or discussion about Quinn’s physical condition?

Someone asked if Quinn has been limited by the injury. Sark said no, but also that he can't say that Quinn is absolutely 100%, and that no one on the team is 100% after eight games.

Edited by LonghornSean

3 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I agree that Saturday night was a dud, but concluding that Sarkisian should step down as offensive play caller is certainly a take.

I think a reassessment of his many duties would merit some change that could improve game prep and in game management.  Like the team, he looked overwhelmed.  Not meant as a criticism.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

"I'm so impressed with the comments on Surly Horns that I'm going to use their posts to formulate our Vanderbilt game plan." 

I made message board geniuses and got a phone call from CDC within the last week, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I have a few ideas that would rattle Clark Lea to his core.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davis Lane said:

Day-to-day.

Not season ending:

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/texas-longhorns-injury-update-andrew-mukuba-01jaqymtfkvw

“He’ll be questionable this week," Sarkisian said. "We're going to have to monitor him. We do have the bye after this game before we come back, and we play Florida after that, so we're just gonna monitor him closely this week. But, but again, I'm not gonna put him back out there if he's not ready to go, knowing that I can have a couple more weeks after this to get him healthy, a little similar to the Quinn situation. So we'll look at it, we'll see what it looks like but again, it's nothing that is season-ending or anything of that sort."

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

No questions or discussion about Quinn’s physical condition?

Sark said his rib is still sore and they will put a bullseye on it next game so trainers can keep an eye on it. Also said Quinn can't move left quickly or throw intermediate passes with high velocity so hopes Vandy gives him some extra time and only rushes from the left side and they'll look to only throw screen passes and arching deep balls until it's healed.

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, 7KHorn said:

Not season ending:

https://www.si.com/college/texas/news/texas-longhorns-injury-update-andrew-mukuba-01jaqymtfkvw

“He’ll be questionable this week," Sarkisian said. "We're going to have to monitor him. We do have the bye after this game before we come back, and we play Florida after that, so we're just gonna monitor him closely this week. But, but again, I'm not gonna put him back out there if he's not ready to go, knowing that I can have a couple more weeks after this to get him healthy, a little similar to the Quinn situation. So we'll look at it, we'll see what it looks like but again, it's nothing that is season-ending or anything of that sort."

This is fantastic news. Thought he'd be done for the year. 

31 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Sark said his rib is still sore and they will put a bullseye on it next game so trainers can keep an eye on it. Also said Quinn can't move left quickly or throw intermediate passes with high velocity so hopes Vandy gives him some extra time and only rushes from the left side and they'll look to only throw screen passes and arching deep balls until it's healed.

Did they say anything about using medical marijuana to ease the pain and to keep his emotions in check early in the game?