2024 World Series: Yankees at Dodgers

Guadaloopy

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Game 1 Friday night - 7 central.

Very tight odds. Think I like LAD a bit more than -128.

Screenshot_20241021_120951_Chrome.thumb.jpg.db21876950b80c944766e38019f94723.jpg

Please see below

27 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Ok. Someone explain this to me like I’m 5. I get the individual game odds easy (Dodgers are 1.5 run favorites to win game 1). The series odds are confusing

IMG_4842.thumb.jpeg.3687b03367a0a1c6d586c76fd14ed7a4.jpeg

Oh because the fucking Yankees and Dodgers play one WS the MLB is broken and unfair?

Cry me a fucking river.

Rangers '23 - 4th in total payroll (but $96M was injured - DeGrom didn't do anything - Scherzer barely did)

Astros '22 - 8th

ATL '21 - 10th

LAD '20 - 1st but a fucky COVID season

WAS '19 - 7th

BOS '18 - 1st

HOU '17 - 17th

CHC '16 - 5th

KC '15 - 13th

SF '14 - 7th

Average - 7.3

Yeah - newsflash - your owners need to not be a bunch of cheap fucks- but only 4 out of the last 10 spent in the top 5 - one of those was an asterisk season.

You still generally need to spend money on the right players, fill out the roster with talent that has come up through the system, and have a competent coaching staff. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

5 hours ago, Guadaloopy said:

I'm shocked - SHOCKED - that:

1. A member of the Jomboy mafia has a shitty, illogical take that completely misses the point of the discussion

2. Helo completely bought into it.

I’m still trying to understand how someone who owns the most valuable baseball team in the league, worth $7.5B, 26% of YES Network and pieces of several other businesses is only worth $3.8B

1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

I’m still trying to understand how someone who owns the most valuable baseball team in the league, worth $7.5B, 26% of YES Network and pieces of several other businesses is only worth $3.8B

You seriously think he’s the sole owner of the Yankees or any of their holdings? 

https://sports.yahoo.com/18-richest-mlb-owners-2023-175352774.html

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

You seriously think he’s the sole owner of the Yankees or any of their holdings? 

Then Hal’s net worth isn’t relevant. What’s the net worth of Yankee Global Enterprises, the entity that does own the club?

Edited by TonyTexas

31 minutes ago, Helobious said:

1.  How is Cohen not on that list?

2.  Holy shit, I've met the Mariners' owner, and I had no idea it was him.   I thought he was just some random dumbfuck.  

Really going to be critical that Freddie gets healthy.  When he did play in the NLCS he wasn’t right (or the DS for that matter).  We are going to need production from him.  We can’t count on an Edman or Kike to contribute at the level they did in the CS.  We’re re going to need our stars to carry it.  Our starting pitching is going to be an adventure.  We’re going to need to out slug them.  Sure we had a great shutout stretch, but we’ve also had some blowup starts.  I’m not banking a rotation of Yamamoto, Flaherty, Buehler and a bullpen game is going to go toe to toe with the Yankees starters.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Really going to be critical that Freddie gets healthy.  When he did play in the NLCS he wasn’t right (or the DS for that matter).  We are going to need production from him.  We can’t count on an Edman or Kike to contribute at the level they did in the CS.  We’re re going to need our stars to carry it.  Our starting pitching is going to be an adventure.  We’re going to need to out slug them.  Sure we had a great shutout stretch, but we’ve also had some blowup starts.  I’m not banking a rotation of Yamamoto, Flaherty, Buehler and a bullpen game is going to go toe to toe with the Yankees starters.  

Our pitchers vs that lineup is what’s scary

• Like 1