2024 Election "I voted" thread.

immamac

As mentioned, about 35 minutes total in Cypress this afternoon. Only shenanigan was a woman with a Trump hat on but I didn't see the result as she joined the line shortly before I progressed into the building. Shortly after I got inside an election worker told a colleague "I'm going to check the line to see if anyone is wearing anything they shouldn't be." So I'm assuming someone rightfully snitched. 

• Hook 'Em 4

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

15 minutes just after 7am this morning in the Heights, Houston. Everyone super friendly and chatty for being pretty early, no shenanigans 

Voted after work today in the heights, same location as JS1, after I noped out at lunch. The line after work was about 1/3 as long as it was at lunch, and it took 25 minutes start to finish. 

attempting to judge books by their covers, I didn’t see an overwhelming tilt one way or the other, and I certainly saw lots of what I would normally categorize as low turnout voters. But maybe I’m all wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, speed817 said:

Tried to vote after work.  Dallas county says online that voting centers are open until 7pm.  But they were closing them at 5pm today at both centers I tried to go to.  Bunch of people were about to riot outside the Irving Library.  🤬

7-7 is next week 

Dallas County Early Voting

In Dallas County, early voting will follow the following schedule:

Monday through Friday, Oct. 21-25, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.

Saturday, Oct. 26, from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.

Sunday, Oct. 27, from noon until 6 p.m.

Monday through Friday, Oct. 28 - Nov. 1, 7 a.m. until 7 p.m.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

Went by our usual place in Brazos County this morning and it was very covered up.  Tried again this afternoon, still too long.  My wife has a problem with her knee and can't stand very long, so standing in line wasn't on the table.  We're going to get there before they open Wednesday and try to cut it short then.  The county announced that about 5,000 voted today, which is much greater than the usual early voting here.

• Hook 'Em 1

Voted.  Lakeway. No wait. Slight hold up for a dude that had a million questions about the dropbox machine, but he was polite. Staff was awesome.

Weak sticker game.

Save the stickers each time you vote for free beer, pizza and pussy (south Austin's mom sure cares about this country)

https://www.austinmonthly.com/austin-businesses-discounts-i-voted-sticker/

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Voted in East Dallas this morning. Took about 25 minutes but the line was getting longer when I left.
The room was too small for how big of a geographic/population area this precinct covers during early voting. 

love that my location is in a school gym, nice big set up. lot of workers

40 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

mmm, tacos al carbon

Just remembered I have a batch of Ninfas green sauce I'm the freezer. I know what tacos are going down this Sabado Gigante.

17 minutes ago, Iceman said:

I voted. Got there just before 8 and back to my truck at 8:15.  

Bummer 

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Went by our usual place in Brazos County this morning and it was very covered up.  Tried again this afternoon, still too long.  My wife has a problem with her knee and can't stand very long, so standing in line wasn't on the table.  We're going to get there before they open Wednesday and try to cut it short then.  The county announced that about 5,000 voted today, which is much greater than the usual early voting here.

Next time you try, walk to the front of the line with your wife and ask if there is something that can be done for her convenience. Even if she hates the idea of preferential treatment, this is something they prepare for at each site.

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, StassneyHorn said:

Next time you try, walk to the front of the line with your wife and ask if there is something that can be done for her convenience. Even if she hates the idea of preferential treatment, this is something they prepare for at each site.

I'll give that a try.  The cane and the fact that she has to move at the speed of smell should help.  She'll hate it, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Good chance if you're in a big enough county they still allow curbside voting. No proof of disability needed. Calling ahead is best

R’s getting rid of drive through voting and straight party voting was beyond dumb 

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

walk up to the first volunteer worker and ask for help 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I'll give that a try.  The cane and the fact that she has to move at the speed of smell should help.  She'll hate it, though.

All the polls I've worked have given priority to anyone that is pain or has restricted mobility.

Absolutely ask. My wife has Tarsul Tunnel and every extra step or minute equals a degree more of pain later.

People are generally accepting and cool when you have someone in pain.

Tell your wife to accept an easier path.

13 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i voted today with id #1, three more to go 

Orale!

• Hook 'Em 1