2024 Election "I voted" thread.

immamac

My niece in the UK turned 18 in August (no pics ya filthy animals); she's a dual US/UK citizen. She just missed being able to help vote out the Tories but has already returned her ballot for our election. When I talked to her today she was so excited to have voted - glad it seems to be the same rite of passage for her that it was for me. One more youth vote in the bank!

• Hook 'Em 8

Voted in Fort Bend County this morning around 9:45am.  Line was out the door about 100 deep, took little over 30 minutes.  They said it's been this way since yesterday and have never seen voter turnout so early so strong before.  They ran out of "I Voted" stickers twice already  (I've leave the - how do you do that on day 2??? till later as at least they haven't run out of anything else yet)

God I hope we get lucky and get rid of Nehls.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 3

Voted in Fort Bend yesterday afternoon at the Cinco library. Lime was out the door, and probably took just under an hour. Felt good to vote against Trump, again. The “poll watcher” there was comical. Some 5’3 grandma, fucking lol. What is even the point? 

Fuck Cruz too. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Voted in Fort Bend yesterday afternoon at the Cinco library. Lime was out the door, and probably took just under an hour. Felt good to vote against Trump, again. The “poll watcher” there was comical. Some 5’3 grandma, fucking lol. What is even the point? 

Fuck Cruz too. 

You might have been there at the same time as my parents. Thanks for canceling out their vote.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Voted this morning in Williamson County. Lines were still pretty long even going early in the morning.

Put my blue drop into the red ocean. Everybody go vote!

Maybe the state but you know Wilco went for Biden, right? 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Maybe the state but you know Wilco went for Biden, right? 

Yes. That was awesome.

Very interested to interested to see how that shifts this time.

But the state is what gets electoral votes. We aren't Nebraska or Maine, though I wish we were in this one very specific way.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, theaveragejon said:

Fuck Cruz too. 

3 hours ago, Chuckie Finster said:

You might have been there at the same time as my parents. Thanks for canceling out their vote.

But did you vote at least twice to cancel out both parents? Or, better yet, three times to make the differential +1?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Txangel9910 said:

Took longer to walk to the polling location than it did to vote.  Not mad at the Longhorn on the sticker...but the young man with the a&m baseball cap that handed it to me seemed miffed...😏🤘🏾20241023_113031.thumb.jpg.14749ca6d9feb7863ecde9d4befa5fe5.jpg

IMG_2218.jpeg.f751dd2bdafaf0a64fceaeccdbe5514c.jpeg

Fifteen bucks on Amazon. Thank me later.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

In and out in 20 minutes. Davila Harris on site. She declined to comment about JD Vance's thoughts on childless women. "That's exactly why you have not earned my vote. No independent spine."

Daughter voted with me. She hasn't missed a vote since she turned 18.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

Today I voted with my wife and our youngest, which was her first time voting. Sure, I was up most of the night working, but a couple of hours sleep and a Bloody Mary put me right in the zone. Some bootlicker was holding a sign for Hipolito (R), outside the council chambers where early voting took place, and I was happy to tell him I vote for Americans, not traitors. For some inexplicable reason, this pissed my wife off. 

Edited to report the whole process took maybe ten minutes.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 7

On 10/21/2024 at 3:41 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Voted. Took me maybe 2 minutes off my normal work route to the drop box after receiving my ballot in the mail and completing it in the comfort of my home. 

Follow Up: received text that afternoon that ballot was received, and a text this morning saying ballot was accepted.  

I guess the only thing this system doesn’t do that the Texas in-person system does is give a voter the chance to double check their selections on the paper ballot that is generated.  I need to correctly complete the ballot. I guess I could log in and see if my vote choices are displayed but I assume they are not. 

• Hook 'Em 4

Voted at the Nacogdoches County Courthouse this morning. It was busy but there was no line. Paper ballot and in/out in less than 10 minutes.

Depressing that there were so many uncontested races on the ballot this time. The voucher supporting hag that beat out Travis Clardy in the primary has no one running against her.

• Hook 'Em 5

Found a line short enough that my wife could take it.  About 20 minutes in downtown Bryan.  Two votes for Truth, Justice, and The American Way cast.  Not one vote for a republican.

Oh, and my wife was offered the option to go to the head of the line, but she chose to stay with me.  Thanks to all of you who let me know about that.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Voted on Monday and my son who is a senior at UT voted at the LBJ School of Public Affairs today.  There's one thing I did right in life was to raise a son who is a liberal Democrat through and through!

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, 1978horn said:

Took 30 minutes in Belterra at 2pm today.  Line was starting to get longer though.

how long was the 30 minute line? from inside the hall, inside the building or outside the building?

Got in line at Randall's on Slaughter/Brodie (Travis Co) about 1:20pm today.  All wrapped up in an hour.  Line was outside the building, but in the shade. 

Bought a 2.5lb bag of candy corn to celebrate.  No, I am not a great big fat person, but could be if I tried.

• Hook 'Em 3

voted at the Fair Oaks Ranch PD (where Kendall and Bexar Counties meet) yesterday... took about 2 hours to get it done....  First time I've ever seen a presidential election voting site with ZERO signs for any candidate who was not Republican.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1