2024 Election "I voted" thread.

immamac

I posted this on the presidential election thread

Here’s a little voting anecdote for y’all. We’re south Austinites. My 50-something year old wife grew up with evangelical “Christian” Republican parents like me. We met as kids in church. She protested for the anti-abortion position at the Jimmy Carter Democratic National convention as a teen. Since we’ve been married she’s been very disinterested in politics and I would always have to try to talk her into voting and she would frequently be “too busy” to vote or “forget” to vote. Since Monday morning she’s been begging me to go vote with her. Totally new behavior for her. She also asked me to help her put together a voting list that has zero Repubs on it and as many anti-Republican positions as possible. She is disgusted by Trump and our parents who support him.

She dragged me to the polls twice on Monday and twice yesterday, but the long lines deterred her. Last night after dinner she asked me if I wanted to try again to go vote with her. I said, nah, I’ll try again on Thursday since I had a business trip today. So she left by herself but the line was long again and she bailed. While I was on my flight this morning, she texted that she was in line to vote. And had waited almost an hour.  I nearly cried. So proud!

I will join her in voting purely for Democrats tomorrow 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2