2024 Election "I voted" thread.

immamac

Voted yesterday at the Balcones Woods shopping center.  Line was about 40 deep both before and after I voted but it moved fast; I was in and out in half an hour.  

Definitely extra satisfying this year compared to ‘22.  I wish I could vote against Ted Cruz every morning for a little hit of dopamine.  

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, The Royal We said:

Voted at the Nacogdoches County Courthouse this morning. It was busy but there was no line. Paper ballot and in/out in less than 10 minutes.

Depressing that there were so many uncontested races on the ballot this time. The voucher supporting hag that beat out Travis Clardy in the primary has no one running against her.

I never understand why each party doesn’t find someone to put up against an incumbent that will easily win. Find a party loyalist and they don’t have to campaign. It at least forces the other party to put some effort to win.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MidTexHorn said:

I posted this on the presidential election thread

Here’s a little voting anecdote for y’all. We’re south Austinites. My 50-something year old wife grew up with evangelical “Christian” Republican parents like me. We met as kids in church. She protested for the anti-abortion position at the Jimmy Carter Democratic National convention as a teen. Since we’ve been married she’s been very disinterested in politics and I would always have to try to talk her into voting and she would frequently be “too busy” to vote or “forget” to vote. Since Monday morning she’s been begging me to go vote with her. Totally new behavior for her. She also asked me to help her put together a voting list that has zero Repubs on it and as many anti-Republican positions as possible. She is disgusted by Trump and our parents who support him.

She dragged me to the polls twice on Monday and twice yesterday, but the long lines deterred her. Last night after dinner she asked me if I wanted to try again to go vote with her. I said, nah, I’ll try again on Thursday since I had a business trip today. So she left by herself but the line was long again and she bailed. While I was on my flight this morning, she texted that she was in line to vote. And had waited almost an hour.  I nearly cried. So proud!

I will join her in voting purely for Democrats tomorrow 

spacer.png

• Haha 7

Mailed my ballot today.  Have had it for a week but we had a lot of dumb propositions to sort through.  California actually has a pretty good voter information book with pros and cons of proposed amendments.  

The funny thing is I don’t see myself ever going to the polls again.  It’s so easy to mail it in.  I really don’t understand how anyone can oppose mailing ballots.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

I really don’t understand how anyone can oppose mailing ballots.

Because when people 1) are informed and 2) have the easy ability to speak their mind.....it does NOT favor the GQP.  That's it. That's the reason.  Republicans oppose voting, because they oppose and hold in contempt the voters.

• Hook 'Em 4

voted in williamson county at the old settlers location. long line but was in and out in 30 mins. wife, daughter, and me makes 3 for the good guys.

other daughter and her wife voting in travis today

no pics

Edited by El Tri
  • Hook 'Em 7

45 minutes in line at the Randalls at Brodie and Slaughter in SW Austin. Enjoyed hearing the old guy behind me in line telling the lady he was talking to that he doesn’t always vote but felt he needed to this year because of Ted Cruz and those fools. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

45 minutes in line at the Randalls at Brodie and Slaughter in SW Austin. Enjoyed hearing the old guy behind me in line telling the lady he was talking to that he doesn’t always vote but felt he needed to this year because of Ted Cruz and those fools. 

That Randall's is a great place to stock up on emergency supplies during a calamity since you can usually outrun the old people

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

Voted this morning. It took all of 17 minutes at Houston Community College campus at 610/59.

Is there a setting on my Appletv to confirm I’ve voted so I don’t have to watch anymore Republican transgender commercials?

Apple and other streaming platforms are missing out by not offering a no-election ad option for $10.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Voted this morning. The line wasn’t too bad. I voted straight Dem and did not vote for the unopposed Republicans. There was one guy way in front of the line who had a Second Amendment t-shirt on which is not allowed. No political statements on clothing are allowed but not sure if he was asked to turn it inside out. 

Seeing yesterday’s news about how Trump refused to pay for a Hispanic woman soldier’s funeral who had been sexually abused and murdered, after he told the family he would, and called her a f***ing Mexican just floored me. I can’t imagine anybody would vote for that slime of a human who has zero empathy. All just because they might get a tax cut. 

Edited by Brandywine
  • Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Voted this morning. The line wasn’t too bad. I voted straight Dem and did not vote for the unopposed Republicans. There was one guy way in front of the line who had a Second Amendment t-shirt on which is not allowed. No political statements on clothing are allowed but not sure if he was asked to turn it inside out. 

Seeing yesterday’s news about how Trump refused to pay for a Hispanic woman soldier’s funeral who had been sexually abused and murdered, after he told the family he would, and called her a f***ing Mexican just floored me. I can’t imagine anybody would vote for that slime of a human who has zero empathy. All just because they might get a tax cut. 

Trump supporters are 100% as shitty as he is. full stop. Anyone that supports him at this point wants someone to suffer. Someone they can be made to feel better than. That's all it is. They're lost people and it's best to try to not understand them more than that.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Trump supporters are 100% as shitty as he is. full stop. Anyone that supports him at this point wants someone to suffer. Someone they can be made to feel better than. That's all it is. They're lost people and it's best to try to not understand them more than that.

Yep. They vote for Trump because they like the assholery and cruelty. You should hate them. All of them. Without any reservation.
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Pablo said:

Got to exercise my right to say Fuck Trump & Fuck Cruz at the Raindrop Turkish Center. In and out in 5 minutes!

IMG_9219.jpeg

Why has no one investigated the fact that in the largest city in Texas the "I voted" stickers have "Harris" on them?!? ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, YoungCounty said:

Wife and I voted at the Young County court annex today. Took about five minutes. Only voted Dem, so did not vote in most, sadly . I didn’t even vote for some that I know and like, simply because of that R. 

As they are probably running unopposed, they probably can win it without you.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

As they are probably running unopposed, they probably can win it without you.

Yes. One I actually admire and is doing good things in this county. But as I told my wife when we got back in the car “All he has to do is vote for himself, and he wins”. Didn’t feel a damn bit of shame not voting for him. 

• Hook 'Em 2

When I was in my teens, my parents sat me down to tell me why they voted Republican. They said Texas had been run by Democrats for so long, the state apparatus was bent and they were voting to correct that injustice. I could respect that, though my personal political beliefs were fairly far afield from theirs.

Patrick finally burst my mom’s bubble, and she started voting democrat. Still, I wonder when Texas voters will realize it is time for a change. Is this the election where enough Texans are fed up with political entrenchment? 

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

When I was in my teens, my parents sat me down to tell me why they voted Republican. They said Texas had been run by Democrats for so long, the state apparatus was bent and they were voting to correct that injustice. I could respect that, though my personal political beliefs were fairly far afield from theirs.

Patrick finally burst her bubble, and she started doting democrat. Still, I wonder when Texas voters realize it is time for a change. Is this the election where enough Texans are fed up with political entrenchment? 

Give Texas the representative lege and senate it deserves and we may be surprised as to what comes out of it.  But you have to unfuck a map or two for that to happen. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 10/23/2024 at 12:46 AM, Your Mom said:

At 3:30 there were 6 or 7 people in line for about 10 machines at Westminster Presbyterian Church on Exposition in Austin.  In and out.  Less than 10 minutes in line. 

my experience there as well.. surprisingly sleepy.

( i feel like i triple / quadruple checked my ballot to be sure Trump and Cruz were not accidently marked).

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

my experience there as well.. surprisingly sleepy.

( i feel like i triple / quadruple checked my ballot to be sure Trump and Cruz were not accidently marked).

Honestly, a Presbyterian Church ought to burn down the moment I walk in it. But it didn’t. So I was happy to use it for a quick vote.  

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Brandywine said:

Actually, that’s pretty funny. Harris County.

A friend from out of state asked me if she wins, how many republicans in the county will get butt hurt and move. I’m sure Montgomery would be happy to take them

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, El Tri said:

voted in williamson county at the old settlers location. long line but was in and out in 30 mins. wife, daughter, and me makes 3 for the good guys.

other daughter and her wife voting in travis today

no pics

Hi neighbor!

• Hook 'Em 1