2024 Election "I voted" thread.

immamac

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Apple and other streaming platforms are missing out by not offering a no-election ad option for $10.

For AI and/ or all of the listening devices like Alexa, Facebook, and my Kroger Ap:  Once I vote, I shouldn't get any more political ads.  Y'all want to help us as a society, there's your mission.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

For AI and/ or all of the listening devices like Alexa, Facebook, and my Kroger Ap:  Once I vote, I shouldn't get any more political ads.  Y'all want to help us as a society, there's your mission.

The campaigns would actually agree with you 100%. The last thing they want to do is pay for targeting an ad to someone who has already voted. Waste of their resources. It's the tech and ad industry that is dragging their feet.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if you mark that you've voted on Facebook, does that remove the ads? And actually this could work out well for Facebook as well. It makes targeted ads to the unvoted much more valuable. But then again it might be one of the demographic components that cannot be used in ad targeting.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We voted yesterday in Hamilton Park.  for those not familiar, Hamilton Park was Dallas's first planned black community.  it was created because houses owned by blacks in South Dallas were bombed in 1950 and a black neighborhood was torn down in 1953 so Love Field could expand.  so this neighborhood was created in North Dallas. suffice it to say, it's still a predominantly black and Democratic neighborhood.

i voted while my wife held the baby, then we switched 10 minutes later after i was done.  pretty quick process.  well, she got in line in front of an older white couple who were clearly Trumpers.  the wife turned to the husband and whispered, "Make sure you double check your ballot before you submit it." the husband hurriedly shushed her knowing where they were and knowing that she was probably going to start spewing more Fox News talking points. my wife just started laughing.  i would have said something.

anyway, two votes for Kamala and more importantly, two votes for Allred.

Edited by Jive Turkey
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

47 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The campaigns would actually agree with you 100%. The last thing they want to do is pay for targeting an ad to someone who has already voted. Waste of their resources. It's the tech and ad industry that is dragging their feet.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if you mark that you've voted on Facebook, does that remove the ads? And actually this could work out well for Facebook as well. It makes targeted ads to the unvoted much more valuable. But then again it might be one of the demographic components that cannot be used in ad targeting.

Can you imagine? Early voting would be insane if turning in your vote insulated you from all campaign ads.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1