2024 Election "I voted" thread.

immamac

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Apple and other streaming platforms are missing out by not offering a no-election ad option for $10.

For AI and/ or all of the listening devices like Alexa, Facebook, and my Kroger Ap:  Once I vote, I shouldn't get any more political ads.  Y'all want to help us as a society, there's your mission.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Iceman said:

For AI and/ or all of the listening devices like Alexa, Facebook, and my Kroger Ap:  Once I vote, I shouldn't get any more political ads.  Y'all want to help us as a society, there's your mission.

The campaigns would actually agree with you 100%. The last thing they want to do is pay for targeting an ad to someone who has already voted. Waste of their resources. It's the tech and ad industry that is dragging their feet.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if you mark that you've voted on Facebook, does that remove the ads? And actually this could work out well for Facebook as well. It makes targeted ads to the unvoted much more valuable. But then again it might be one of the demographic components that cannot be used in ad targeting.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The campaigns would actually agree with you 100%. The last thing they want to do is pay for targeting an ad to someone who has already voted. Waste of their resources. It's the tech and ad industry that is dragging their feet.

EDIT: Makes me wonder if you mark that you've voted on Facebook, does that remove the ads? And actually this could work out well for Facebook as well. It makes targeted ads to the unvoted much more valuable. But then again it might be one of the demographic components that cannot be used in ad targeting.

Can you imagine? Early voting would be insane if turning in your vote insulated you from all campaign ads.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

In and out quickly at Acre today after the Lodge and it had a line out the door still.

Saw they had curbside voting as well, which was cool.

Voted for Democracy today and against nihlist and fascists enablers. Also voted against giving scumbag republican traitor miles any money.

• Hook 'Em 4

57 minutes ago, El Tri said:

what's going on? the randalls off gatti's is actually closer to me but heard the old settlers location has a lot more booths and moves faster

When I checked the wait times online Wed afternoon (just before 5p), Randall's and Old Settlers were 45+ min. Brushy Creek MUD was an extra 10 min drive for us but only took about about 15 min total there.

Checking the map just now and appears that Randall's wait time is the only Wilco location in the red.

• Hook 'Em 2

Done. Fuck the fascists. Got my 'Yo Voté' sticker! Life is good.

Just got home from the church on Monterrey Oaks. 50 minutes from the time we got in line until we walked out the door.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Voted on Brodie in south Austin.  One hour from start to finish.  For once, instead of just saying I voted all blue, I get to say I voted all blue and Allred!

Wish we got cool stickers like the blue states have been giving, but I voted!  Yo Voté!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Redneck Mutha said:

When I checked the wait times online Wed afternoon (just before 5p), Randall's and Old Settlers were 45+ min. Brushy Creek MUD was an extra 10 min drive for us but only took about about 15 min total there.

Checking the map just now and appears that Randall's wait time is the only Wilco location in the red.

yup, the 3 sites in RR east of 35 have consistently been red, but the one off old settlers has a ton of booths so it goes faster

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Sat down and voted with my oldest last night, then dropped it off at the drop station over lunch.  It's Colorado, so no lines, just informed voter efficiency.

Yep, Virginia was the same today. Filled out my ballot this morning then dropped her off.

• Hook 'Em 3

36 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

The Big Lebowski Film GIF by The Good Films

THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE IS THE VOTER SUPPRESSION!! ELECTION INTERFERENCE!!!!

Well, they handed me one sticker as I left.  They handed my wife 4 stickers.  Now my kids are walking around with stickers declaring they voted.  I am sure Congress will investigate this and we will be lambasted on Fox News for the next 3 years if Harris wins.  

• Haha 3

I voted. No wait up at John Paul Landing Park in Cypress, super quick and easy. Got my sticker, and happy to pull the lever for all Dems possible. Fuck vouchers, fuck killing immigrants at the border, and fuck Trumplicans. Hoping for a blue wave in 2 weeks. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

working thru my CO ballot now, one of those states that sends you entire books of non-partisan explanation, analysis, fiscal impact, for and against arguments, etc etc... you know, a state that wants its voters thoroughly educated and informed. just like Texas! 🤣🤣🤣

anyway lol...walking the walk, this ballot measure proposes an additional tax on firearms, ammo, etc., to fund victim services, school safety programs, and mental health services. 

20241025_155540.thumb.jpg.c2ae170390d02ff1b0acffb49d1d8c27.jpg

i also get to vote for state constitutional amendments removing  same-sex marriage bans, constitutionally protecting abortion access, and against school vouchers.

i mean gotdamn, living/voting in this state really could not be a greater contrast than where i spent 95% of my life. wow. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, mchookem said:

working thru my CO ballot now, one of those states that sends you entire books of non-partisan explanation, analysis, fiscal impact, for and against arguments, etc etc... you know, a state that wants it's voters thoroughly educated and informed. just like Texas! 🤣🤣🤣

anyway lol...walking the walk, this ballot measure proposes an additional tax on firearms, ammo, etc., to fund victim services, school safety programs, and mental health services. 

20241025_155540.thumb.jpg.c2ae170390d02ff1b0acffb49d1d8c27.jpg

i also get to vote for state constitutional amendments removing  same-sex marriage bans, constitutionally protecting abortion access, and against school vouchers.

i mean gotdamn, living/voting in this state really could not be a greater contrast than where i spent 95% of my life. wow. 

Yeah, when we moved to Colorado and voted in 2016, I was like, "Whoa, this is... possible?"  Colorado should be the model, imo.

Done. Fuck the fascists. Got my 'Yo Voté' sticker! Life is good.
Just got home from the church on Monterrey Oaks. 50 minutes from the time we got in line until we walked out the door.

We must have been in line together. I voted there around the same time
  • Hook 'Em 2