2024 Presidential Election Prediction Thread

TeeDubya

12 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I'm biased given my viewpoint and pretty much an optimist.  I'm hesitant to put out a number right now on the totals because even I find it too ridiculous to fathom when it comes to Georgia, but I'll say this, right now, the math points to a blowout here (relative terms).  Things can obviously change, and they likely will, but Georgia looks incredibly good, and women are at the forefront.  

I'm interesting if this is tracking across the board, pretty much every state we are getting info on.  I.E., are women outpacing men even more so than the past, because if so, it's extremely telling.  

Anyone know the historical gender trend of early voting? Is it like shopping for Christmas? Women are finished by Black Friday; men start thinking about it on Dec 23rd?

Just now, aggie08 said:

Anyone know the historical gender trend of early voting? Is it like shopping for Christmas? Women are finished by Black Friday; men start thinking about it on Dec 23rd?

I can only speak to here and recent.  in 2020 women voted at a 53.1% clip compared to men,  and right now its at 55.1% and climbing.  However, men have tended to be more of a turnout on election day itself, but not statistically in a major way (think 1 - 2%).  As we get more data back early, right now the percentage figures to grow, perhaps to as much as 57% at it's current daily rate.  If that sort of math holds, 2% sort of difference over at least 5 million votes is in the neighborhood of 100k.  Obviously, that would presume a 100% democratic vote, which isn't true.  Could it be 75k?, Maybe, it likely depends on location for me to guess at (right now, that'd be my guess, but I need more data for a final post early vote guess.  I'll have that next Thursday.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Ton of great info here on 2020.

Here is Georgia 2020

https://electproject.github.io/Early-Vote-2020G/GA.html

In-Person Early Votes by Gender

Gender Count Percent
Female 1,469,516 54.5
Male 1,164,784 43.2
Unknown 60,463 2.2
TOTAL 2,694,763 100.0

15 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Georgia EV by gender

Overall vote trends female, EV even more so. This year’s EV shows a female bias but less so than historically. This seems to be true across a wide swath of states. 

• Hook 'Em 1

43 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Sadly I think Trump wins it with something in the 285 range. I think he’ll flip back Georgia, flip at least one of the blue wall states (not all 3), and one or both of NV or AZ.

Old, white, male Joe Biden and the pandemic were the perfect recipe in 2020, but the shit bags have short memories and a distaste for female leadership. The next 4 years are going to suck.

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense given how badly he handled the pandemic, but it likely helped him electorally in 2020. 

2 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So, anyone have some post-election predictions, as in what goes down if Trump loses?

he'll claim fraud as soon as it's clear he's lost - very likely well before election day. if things get too fucky then biden steps down and hands kamala the reins. she can direct her own inauguration from there. official acts and whatnot.

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

he'll claim fraud as soon as it's clear he's lost - very likely well before election day. if things get too fucky then biden steps down and hands kamala the reins. she can direct her own inauguration from there. official acts and whatnot.

And what do all the riled up MAGA faithful do after months of being convinced there's no way Donald Trump can lose the election legitimately?

January 6 redux? Something worse?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

And what do all the riled up MAGA faithful do after months of being convinced there's no way Donald Trump can lose the election legitimately?

no. the good guys are already in the white house. there will possibly be a feckless attempt but I expect it will be squashed at local levels and trump will continue to throw tantrums while the adults get to work

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

He will use “reports of widespread early voting cheating by Harris’ Marxist allies and illegal aliens” as a get out the vote tactic and cover for when he loses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

He will use “reports of widespread early voting cheating by Harris’ Marxist allies and illegal aliens” as a get out the vote tactic and cover for when he loses.

whatever he does will be pathetic and won't work. Harris and Co are ready.

22 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

So, anyone have some post-election predictions, as in what goes down if Trump loses?

17 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

10 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I hope you're right.

I've said it elsewhere, but I don't think these people do shit. There isn't a central organizing structure to call them to protest. Trump won't call them to protest washington again, washington will be locked down. And no one else has the sway to get these people to show up anywhere. If Harris wins GA, I joked about a bunch of white hicks trying to Sherman Atlanta, and I love the idea of seeing what happens if they FAFO. But at the end of the day, I think they're cowards and won't do jack shit. Jan 6th was a one off, no one imagined what would happen, and the capital was ill prepared. If they did it again, people will be mowed down. And now they've had 4 years to see people end up in jail for fucking around and finding out afterwards. 

It would have to be some lone wolf shit. But look at that article in the atlantic above...I think those people are as delusional about how "ready" their kind are for a real fucking war as they are about basic fucking facts and logic from the propoganda they all ingest. Slave owners saw an existential threat to their wealth and way of life. These people don't actually have that threat hanging over their head, and most of them will fucking realize it toot sweet when they're asked to give up everything. 

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

Regression to mean. Trump barely won all those northern states in 2016, so it made sense why he lost them in 2020. The dems barely won Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia in 2020. It makes sense that they’d lose all 3 of those surprise wins in 2024. 

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

So you're just ignoring the idea that Roe Versus Wade being overturned might energize women to vote more and more aggressively? Which has been evident in every single elction since it was overturned. You don't think that MAYBE, at the least, that cancels out some of the regression to mean, considering the landscape has changed?

So we're just ignoring the part where Helobious has no idea what regression to the mean is? 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

45 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So we're just ignoring the part where Helobious has no idea what regression to the mean is? 

What’s the term I’m looking for? Republicans lost Pennsylvania for a long time, then Trump barely won it in ‘16, so you expect it to go back to its average result (democrat win) in 2020. Sounds like regression to mean to me

It's "regression toward the mean" which may offer a hint. It also applies to random variables or results that are largely affected by randomness which election vote totals really aren't. 

And the Pennsylvania situation you're describing isn't an average, it's a historical trend. Not the same thing. Unless you think people should have expected California to vote for Bob Dole in 1996. Or for Alabama and Mississippi to go back to the Democrats after Goldwater won. There's a lot more than randomness at play in presidential elections. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

I've said it elsewhere, but I don't think these people do shit.

Unless this election is some kind of massive blowout win for Kamala, there will be trouble. And even a blowout might not be enough.

Of course, we know Trump is going to contest a loss. Any loss. 

Maybe it is because I am not religious, not patriotic, not worshipper of the military, that I see a huge problem coming. 

For Trump to attain power and impose their worldview, many in MAGA-GQP will help or enable the killing of Americans. How do we know? They have already done it. 

1. By not wearing masks, not vaxxing, and not caring when they helped kill a million Americans during a fucking deadly global pandemic.

-- Let's be clear: COVID empowered Americans to enact random violence against fellow citizens. ("Ultraviolence" in Clockwork Orange). Hospitals stacked to the rim with dead bodies. Sure, they killed a lot their own. But COVID is the lesson: They do not care if Americans die for their worldview. In fact, COVID proved that's the case.

2. The mass shooting of American school kids does not concern them enough to restrict gun access. Their guns and worldview are more important than school kids living. Or the brown people at an El Paso Walmart. 

3. They are enacting medical violence against women by restricting reproductive health care. Some have already died or will die. MAGA-GQP do not care. 

4. How would 14 million people be deported without violence?  MAGA-GQP are primed for violence. 

Repeat: They do not care who dies for their worldview, steeped in violent Christian fascism. History is clear on that.

So we are supposed to think they will mind if Americans have to die to get Trump in office and their worldview back in total power? Would we be surprised if many cops and some military will support them? We know Fox, Wall Street Journal, NY Post and other lackey media will back Trump.  

Bottom line, many in MAGA-GQP are willing for Americans to die for their worldview and world. And Trump is the Fuhrer of their world. 

What that political violence looks like, I am not sure. But it's likely coming to get their Fuhrer in power. 

Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by BevoAbyss

8 hours ago, BamaATL said:

I'm biased given my viewpoint and pretty much an optimist.  I'm hesitant to put out a number right now on the totals because even I find it too ridiculous to fathom when it comes to Georgia, but I'll say this, right now, the math points to a blowout here (relative terms).  Things can obviously change, and they likely will, but Georgia looks incredibly good, and women are at the forefront.  

I'm interesting if this is tracking across the board, pretty much every state we are getting info on.  I.E., are women outpacing men even more so than the past, because if so, it's extremely telling.  

If the dotard wins GA, you're getting your ass kicked.

53 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Unless this election is some kind of massive blowout win for Kamala, there will be trouble. And even a blowout might not be enough.

Of course, we know Trump is going to contest a loss. Any loss. 

Maybe it is because I am not religious, not patriotic, not worshipper of the military, that I see a huge problem coming. 

For Trump to attain power and impose their worldview, many in MAGA-GQP will help or enable the killing of Americans. How do we know? They have already done it. 

1. By not wearing masks, not vaxxing, and not caring when they helped kill a million Americans during a fucking deadly global pandemic.

-- Let's be clear: COVID empowered Americans to enact random violence against fellow citizens. ("Ultraviolence" in Clockwork Orange). Hospitals stacked to the rim with dead bodies. Sure, they killed a lot their own. But COVID is the lesson: They do not care if Americans die for their worldview. In fact, COVID proved that's the case.

2. The mass shooting of American school kids does not concern them enough to restrict gun access. Their guns and worldview are more important than school kids living. Or the brown people at an El Paso Walmart. 

3. They are enacting medical violence against women by restricting reproductive health care. Some have already died or will die. MAGA-GQP do not care. 

4. How would 14 million people be deported without violence?  MAGA-GQP are primed for violence. 

Repeat: They do not care who dies for their worldview, steeped in violent Christian fascism. History is clear on that.

So we are supposed to think they will mind if Americans have to die to get Trump in office and their worldview back in total power? Would we be surprised if many cops and some military will support them? We know Fox, Wall Street Journal, NY Post and other lackey media will back Trump.  

Bottom line, many in MAGA-GQP are willing for Americans to die for their worldview and world. And Trump is the Fuhrer of their world. 

What that political violence looks like, I am not sure. But it's likely coming to get their Fuhrer in power. 

Hope I'm wrong.

Everything you’ve outlined is passive violence. No one is sitting there holding a bloody scalpel, watching people bleed out. It’s easy to 6th degree of separation that shit…hell, it’s not that far removed from the denial of the damages of climate change. 

these people BELIEVE in the 2nd Amendment. They BELIEVE being pro life is holy. 

that is not the same dynamic as grab a fucking gun and mow down your neighbors. Who you have known for years. Your kids have played with their kids. 

abstract versus reality matters. Trump only gets votes because of the abstract. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

Everything you’ve outlined is passive violence. No one is sitting there holding a bloody scalpel, watching people bleed out. It’s easy to 6th degree of separation that shit…hell, it’s not that far removed from the denial of the damages of climate change. 

that is not the same dynamic as grab a fucking gun and mow down your neighbors. Who you have known for years. Your kids have played with their kids. 

I think we should do everything we can to encourage them to commit massive acts of violence. Flood the zone with messages about how they’re not true patriots and they are betraying the MAGA movement if they DON’T assemble, heavily armed, at x location and start shooting.

Bait the field.

And then,
4ef7c78bb5a343454521490da023dd0e.gif

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Which has happened in this country, not all that long ago.

You've seen pictures.

7 hours ago, David Dennison said:

watch fox news and bitch on the internet

I posted it shortly after Harris got in but I'll stick with Harris 319 as my prediction.

• Hook 'Em 1

Not sure where to put this, but I’m really beginning not to like the billionaire class. The Washington Post is joining the LA Times in declining to make a presidential endorsement. It’s being reported that the Harris endorsement had been prepared and was ready to go and “somebody” said no.