Sales and Use Audit

After putting up a fight with the Comptroller's office on a sales tax liability owed by a seller and not by me they have so generously offered to audit my company.

I know there are companies/services that will defend and oversee the audit.  Has anyone used these places? If so, any recs?  

Somehow 2 have already reached out to me.  

I don't have any connection or personal experience with either of these firms, but they've been advertising in the Texas Society of CPAs magazine forever. YMMV.  Good luck.

CLARUS PARTNERS - NATIONAL SALES TAX COMPLIANCE AND ADVISORY FIRM Do you have questions about sales tax? Need help with multistate compliance after Wayfair? Taxability issues? Audit defense? Refunds? Business registration and licensing compliance? Voluntary disclosure? Let us be a resource for your firm and your clients. Clarus Partners is a national sales tax compliance and advisory firm. With offices across the U.S., our four partners have a combined 100+ years of experience in this arena. Let us know any way we can help. Steve Hanebutt, CPA Clarus Partners | This firm is not a CPA firm 972-422-4530 | claruspartners.com |  stevehanebutt@claruspartners.com

MICHAEL J. ROBERTSON, CPA Texas Sales and Mixed Beverage Tax Solutions Client audited, liability, needs a review, we have found errors and changed the liability. Does your client have a compliance issue or general question about sales tax? Call our team of sales tax experts. Our team provides over 100 years of experience with the Comptroller of Public Accounts as former auditors and supervisors. We work to ensure a fair audit. Should your client need a payment plan, we’ll negotiate with the Comptroller of Public Accounts. Call 817-478-5788 or 214-415-4333 Texas Sales and Mixed Beverage Tax Solutions

Edited by DalTxHornFan
  • Hook 'Em 1