138 members have voted

1. 1. Call Your Shot - Predict Texas Reg Season Record

• 11-1
    • 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5
    • 6-6

I’ll start. 8-4. I think Sark rides with a hurt/gunshy Ewers the rest of the way and we inexplicably drop 3 more games. Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and aggy (fuck).

I’m hopeful I get to come back to this post in a month and self-immolate because we’re 11-1.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite
  • Haha 3

Jesus Christ we will stomp on Vandy and then y'all will be back to overreacting to a single game claiming we will win it all.

If we lose another regular season game we are morons. Plain and simple.

Edited by Pimphand

I think a fair amount of this board is failing to appreciate two things:

1) Just how big the gulf is between Georgia and every team left on our schedule.

2) Just how much of that first half was attributable to Red River hangover.  It's a real thing, and it won't be there again.

11-1, and no one gets within 10 points.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 2

Preseason I said on some board (not this one) that I thought we'd lose 3 games. Didn't specify if that meant regular season or after the playoffs. I think that's a fairly likely final outcome, though I obviously hope we lose only a third of that number total. Vandy will tell us a lot about the team's mental state in making a big push to the finish line. 

I think we can beat all the remaining teams on our schedule. We are 6-1 through the hard part of the schedule.

So I will go with 11-1. Our defense is still great, if we do a better job putting them in good positions I think they can carry us to victory.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 hours ago, PDX_Horn said:

10-2 with the next loss coming to Aggy

Quinn is not the guy. 

Jesus Christ, man. We're not losing to aggy, even if Quinn is in a full body cast. They're terrible. They've played no one other than a ND team that got their asses beat by mighty Northern Illinois. They barely beat Miss St. 

Edited by Funk Doctor Spock
  • Hook 'Em 3

Turns out we've been beating up on drunk hobos.  I thought at the time that the Michigan game was an impressive win over a team that would finish in the top 10. They now have 3 losses and will probably lose to Oregon, Indiana, and OSU. They'll probably finish 4-5 in conference and 6-6 overall.  Similarly, Oklahoma had 1 loss when we played them and were ranked #18.  They'll probably only win the Maine game from here on out and finish 1-7 in the SEC and 5-7 overall.   Not resume building wins.

Georgia is the only team we've faced so far that will _finish_  the year in the top 25, and they kicked our ass.  Our current #5 ranking is probably to high but hopefully we are better than Vandy and Aggy who will both probably finish top 25. 

We have 3 cream puffs and 2 hard games. If we can get to the playoffs anything is possible.

• Haha 1

We're making the playoffs. God damn, guys. So the fuck what that we lost to Georgia? We got punched in the mouth, and brought back to earth. That's not a bad thing. What other "hard games" do we have? Playing at a shitty Arky team? Playing at an overrated Aggy in Pyle Field? A barely functional Kentucky or Florida? Yeah, we've got a lot of monsters in front of us. Holy shit.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Turns out we've been beating up on drunk hobos.  I thought at the time that the Michigan game was an impressive win over a team that would finish in the top 10. They now have 3 losses and will probably lose to Oregon, Indiana, and OSU.

Those aren't "probably".  They'll get dismantled by all three teams. Michigan is a team that should now be soliciting students to try out at QB. It will be lucky to beat Michigan State this weekend as that's where expectations for a mediocre to bad team are. And that's what Michigan is. 

11-1.  Fuck outta here with 8-4 bullshit.   We’ve got a top 5 defense in the nation.  Quinn will get his chance to prove he can bounce back this weekend and if he looks like shit, it’ll be arch time.   Sark made the move to Tua from Hurts, he’ll do what he’s gotta do to win.  10 million dollars a year makes you make the right call.  

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

Going into Georgia:  This team could be one of the greats, they can't lose

After Georgia: Overrated, Quinn sucks

This team has something to prove now.  Gigantic chip on its shoulders.  Defense and OL will come out pissed and If QE is truly in his own head now, I don't think Sark has any reservations about putting in Arch.

They run the rest of reg season table.  11-1

Edited by The_highest_of_fives

54 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Turns out we've been beating up on drunk hobos.  I thought at the time that the Michigan game was an impressive win over a team that would finish in the top 10. They now have 3 losses and will probably lose to Oregon, Indiana, and OSU. They'll probably finish 4-5 in conference and 6-6 overall.  Similarly, Oklahoma had 1 loss when we played them and were ranked #18.  They'll probably only win the Maine game from here on out and finish 1-7 in the SEC and 5-7 overall.   Not resume building wins.

Georgia is the only team we've faced so far that will _finish_  the year in the top 25, and they kicked our ass.  Our current #5 ranking is probably to high but hopefully we are better than Vandy and Aggy who will both probably finish top 25. 

We have 3 cream puffs and 2 hard games. If we can get to the playoffs anything is possible.

aggy might be right behind us in the polls when we play them. If we both win out, they'll probably be favored in College Station.

UGA DL is the best in the country.  They also played the best they have in a while.  We're not going to see that again.  I think we have one more loss on the schedule between Kentucky, Arkansas, and aggy but we should run the table from here.  Not too many other teams that have the DL and LBs UGA has.  I also think we cannot possibly play worse than we did.  Just like UGA had their back to the wall, this Texas team can't lose another one if they aspire to be in the conference championship game.  I do think our slow starts and inability to run will cost us another game and it will likely be aggy as Elko will have a solid game plan against us.  We make the playoffs as a home seed with 10-2 as my conservative prediction.  I would have taken that in a heartbeat beginning of the year.  Once in the playoffs, what happens in the regular season won't make shit.  

Edited by victory88

4 hours ago, bigcigar said:

I think we see a motivated and pissed off team this weekend (ewers included) that quells the vaginal discharge across the site for 2 weeks. 

Agree on the first part; no fucking prayer on the second…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, futureman said:

it absolutely could happen and would rip this place apart.  

No, it won't happen. They suck shit. They're more Mississippi State than they are Ole Miss. Those turds are awful, and their stadium gives them zero advantage. They have at least another 2 losses coming. This isn't I hate aggy shit, this is just reality. They don't have they personnel to keep up with us. Our o-line held its own against Georgia, who is superior to those dweebs' interior line, their secondary is FCS-level, their QB is baboon shit, their o-line is more ou than anything else, and they have another lineman who got his leg rolleed up on. 

We both know they're mediocre at best. Sure, we 'could' lose to them, but I 'could' wake up and find my face in 1998 Kathy Ireland's pussy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

No, it won't happen. They suck shit. They're more Mississippi State than they are Ole Miss. Those turds are awful, and their stadium gives them zero advantage. They have at least another 2 losses coming. This isn't I hate aggy shit, this is just reality. They don't have they personnel to keep up with us. Our o-line held its own against Georgia, who is superior to those dweebs' interior line, their secondary is FCS-level, their QB is baboon shit, their o-line is more ou than anything else, and they have another lineman who got his leg rolleed up on. 

We both know they're mediocre at best. Sure, we 'could' lose to them, but I 'could' wake up and find my face in 1998 Kathy Ireland's pussy. 

Notre Dame with their 1950s offense won by 10 points on aggy's home field. Missouri was clearly overrated, so I don't really see that as an impressive win for aggy. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Because it's not. Both are shit teams. They went struggle bus with Miss St. 

Yeah, after accusing Texas of "struggling" with Miss State in our 35-13 win, the ags actually DID come a lot closer to actually losing to that godawful team.  They're really, really bad at playing football.

Edited by utee94
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, David Dennison said:

I don't see how they aren't.

We would be a 2 loss team with zero wins over Top 25 teams. Very possible this is the 12 teams

1. Ohio St (1 loss)

2. Clemson (1 loss)

3. LSU (2 losses, lose to aggy then beat them in SEC game rematch)

4. Big 12 Champ

5. Georgia (1 loss, loses tiebreaker to LSU)

6. Oregon (1 loss)

7. Notre Dame (1 loss)

8. Miami (1 loss)

9. Aggy (2 losses, win over Texas, L in SEC title game)

10. Indiana (1 loss)

11. Penn State (1 loss)

12. Boise St

Tennessee is probably the first team out in this scenario then Texas