1. 1. Call Your Shot - Predict Texas Reg Season Record

• 11-1
    • 10-2
    • 9-3
    • 8-4
    • 7-5
    • 6-6

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

10-2, aggy will beat this team unless they play a lot better than they have in a month and a half or so. 

At Arkansas will be tough too - we are there Super Bowl. 

after losing to LSU you can bet old tits magee has Texas circled on his farmers almanac  

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

I’ll start. 8-4. I think Sark rides with a hurt/gunshy Ewers the rest of the way and we inexplicably drop 3 more games. Vanderbilt, Kentucky, and aggy (fuck).

I’m hopeful I get to come back to this post in a month and self-immolate because we’re 11-1.

I really hope this is a bit because otherwise I'm concerned for how your family will handle your apparent cognitive decline.

17 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

parcells

we're 6 & 1 until we're not

FIFY.

Texas may have feasted on mediocre teams to get to 6-0 before last Saturday's wake up call, but what is the rest of the schedule if not mediocre teams? The only thing that adds any degree of difficulty is 3/5, and probably the best three opponents, are on the road.

I picked 10-2 - I'd still favor Texas in every game left but just playing the probabilities they likely drop one somewhere. Arkansas or Kentucky if I had to guess but I don't really know aside from this: not aggy lol. However, I'd much sooner go 11-1 than 9-3.

• Hook 'Em 2

Sorry but 10-2 isn’t a playoff team with this schedule. We will have beaten zero top 25 teams, assuming the loss is to aggy.

We better hope our defense carries us the rest of the way, because Sark has gotten outcoached on his side of the ball a couple of times already this year and I have no doubt it will happen again.

Our dogshit special teams is probably good for at least 1 loss. Monkey boy needs his ass fired.

Edited by Wilcox Cummingtonite

7 minutes ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Sorry but 10-2 isn’t a playoff team with this schedule. We will have beaten zero top 25 teams, assuming the loss is to aggy.

We better hope our defense carries us the rest of the way, because Sark has gotten outcoached on his side of the ball a couple of times already this year and I have no doubt it will happen again.

Our dogshit special teams is probably good for at least 1 loss. Monkey boy needs his ass fired.

Are you the one that said there was no way we would make the playoffs last year and then just disappeared when we did? Funny how you show up after a loss 

• Hook 'Em 1

Jesus Christ we will stomp on Vandy and then y'all will be back to overreacting to a single game claiming we will win it all.
If we lose another regular season game we are morons. Plain and simple.

But, we are going to stomp Vandy and we are going to win it all. How is that overreacting?
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Chicago Bulls What GIF by NBA

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

We are 6-1 through the hard part of the schedule.

Hard part? UT played one tough team (Georgia) and got their ass kicked all over DKR. Laughable performance. 

Arky and Aggy will be total dogfights. TOTAL. Especially on the road. 

Other ther SEC teams will be fired up like hell. Why? Because we're fucking TEXAS and everyone gets fired up to beat Texas.

-- QE starts slow and that could cost a game or three.

Sark has not proven he can get through a season without blowing leads (many times), getting blown out or schooled at DKR, or just lame inflexible game plans that fail (Washington playoff and Georgia, most recently).

It's amazing that the Burnt Orange Glasses crowd are blind to these facts. 

1-3 more regular season losses are likely...especially if QE is the QB.

Edited by BevoAbyss
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, PDX_Horn said:

10-2 with the next loss coming to Aggy

7 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

10-2, aggy will beat this team unless they play a lot better than they have in a month and a half or so. 

Why?  I really want to understand why anyone is worried about the aggy game.

They only have two comfortable wins, and one was against McNeese State.

Are y'all worried about Kyle Field?  Because them being really good at home is a myth.  And our guys have wins in Tuscaloosa and Ann Arbor.

We're going to fuck them up in a bad way.  I'm more worried that we blow a game against Vandy or Arky than I am about aggy.  Those guys suck.

53 minutes ago, BevoAbyss said:

Hard part? UT played one tough team (Georgia) and got their ass kicked all over DKR. Laughable performance. 

Arky and Aggy will be total dogfights. TOTAL. Especially on the road. 

Other ther SEC teams will be fired up like hell. Why? Because we're fucking TEXAS and everyone gets fired up to beat Texas.

-- QE starts slow and that could cost a game or three.

Sark has not proven he can get through a season without blowing leads (many times), getting blown out or schooled at DKR, or just lame inflexible game plans that fail (Washington playoff and Georgia, most recently).

It's amazing that the Burnt Orange Glasses crowd are blind to these facts. 

1-3 more regular season losses are likely...especially if QE is the QB.

3 losses is likely? Holy shit put the drugs away man and hit a meeting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, ITHorn said:

3 losses is likely? Holy shit put the drugs away man and hit a meeting. 

I said: 1-3  is likely (not certain). Which means it could be 1, 2, or 3 losses. If QE is bad and it could cost a game or three. Sark's game plan could cost a game. Arky and Aggy will be dogfights, losses are possible. 

Learn to comprehend what you read. 

Edited by BevoAbyss

11 hours ago, Funk Doctor Spock said:

Jesus Christ, man. We're not losing to aggy, even if Quinn is in a full body cast. They're terrible. They've played no one other than a ND team that got their asses beat by mighty Northern Illinois. They barely beat Miss St. 

They're really not. Texas shouldn't lose, and I'm certainly not scared of A&M, but they could absolutely upset Texas this season.

8 hours ago, cmontexas said:

We would be a 2 loss team with zero wins over Top 25 teams. Very possible this is the 12 teams

1. Ohio St (1 loss)

2. Clemson (1 loss)

3. LSU (2 losses, lose to aggy then beat them in SEC game rematch)

4. Big 12 Champ

5. Georgia (1 loss, loses tiebreaker to LSU)

6. Oregon (1 loss)

7. Notre Dame (1 loss)

8. Miami (1 loss)

9. Aggy (2 losses, win over Texas, L in SEC title game)

10. Indiana (1 loss)

11. Penn State (1 loss)

12. Boise St

Tennessee is probably the first team out in this scenario then Texas

I just don't see how four SEC teams don't make it. PSU has a close win over Illinois, and IU hasn't beaten anyone of note (although they do look good). Both must play OSU, so they could garner big wins, but there aren't many more chances to gain big wins for either besides OSU and a potential BIG title game appearance. PSU is more likely to get in because of ranking anchoring right now, but the CFP rankings may vary.

Otherwise, hopefully Army, Navy, or somehow USC knock off ND.

Edited by MuellerHorn

12-0

If we win the SEC title game by 30 and the total score between us and Georgia this season is 45-30 Texas, and we throw enough stuff on the field again. The SEC will have to change the call and declare we actually won both games and went 12-0 regular season

HOOK EM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wilcox Cummingtonite said:

Sorry but 10-2 isn’t a playoff team with this schedule.

1.) It probably is; 2.) I didn't say you were an idiot because you said Texas would miss the playoff, nor did I say anything about them expecting to. You are an idiot for thinking this team goes 8-4 all of a sudden because it got beat by what's been he best program in the sport the past three years.

Yeah, Texas lost to Georgia decisively. It's genuinely pretty hard to imagine a deep playoff run or a national championship with Quinn Ewers at QB with what he shown the past couple weeks. That does not mean Texas is going to finish the year 2-3 against the SEC version of the Murderer's Row MS Paint.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BevoAbyss said:

I said: 1-3  is likely (not certain). Which means it could be 1, 2, or 3 losses. If QE is bad and it could cost a game or three. Sark's game plan could cost a game. Arky and Aggy will be dogfights, losses are possible. 

Learn to comprehend what you read. 

You think that vandy, Florida or Arkansas are going to throw out a game plan anything even remotely close to Venables or smart? Elko might give it a good try but any version of Quinn with our defense can beat those last 4 teams. We lost to Georgia by 15 and Quinn played terrible. Get a grip. 

3 hours ago, BevoAbyss said:

or just lame inflexible game plans that fail (Washington playoff and Georgia, most recently).

I don’t think you can make many conclusions about the georgia game plan.  quinn was so rattled he was rendered incapable of playing the position for a substantial portion of the game.  if he had played like he did against alabama your opinion of the game plan would be much different.