¡Snek!

Patricio Swayze

• 2 weeks later...

Found this twat sitting in my porch early this morning in Houston. I relocated him to Terry Hershey Park. Dude was a lot more spry than I would have thought for a coral snake. He got really agitated.

25e91084fccdf258a0bc918e92b35a93.jpg

9f80298a6849f5c63f81c58a66ff57e2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

So public service announcement for the snake curious. Three years ago I got tired of being afraid of snakes and never knowing the species. So I started following snake threads on Facebook and after a few years I can now tell with about a 90% accuracy the species of any given snake. It has not only made me more comfortable around snakes, it’s made me more useful with friends, neighbors and family whenever there is a snake situation. I highly recommend getting educated. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

So public service announcement for the snake curious. Three years ago I got tired of being afraid of snakes and never knowing the species. So I started following snake threads on Facebook and after a few years I can now tell with about a 90% accuracy the species of any given snake. It has not only made me more comfortable around snakes, it’s made me more useful with friends, neighbors and family whenever there is a snake situation. I highly recommend getting educated. 

Some yada yada’s just mean more. Example: this type of non-venomous snake eats pests.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

aint come here to play no school

11 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that. 

On 8/9/2024 at 8:54 PM, Dbeasy said:

It's funny. I grew up in the woods of NE Texas where we had lots of copperheads and cottonmouths - but also a lot of king snakes. I got real good at discerning a cottonmouth from a king, but whenever I'd go to our ranch in Jack County, I just blindly assumed every watersnek that looked remotely like a cottonmouth was food for my shotgun. It took this thread over the years as an adult to teach me otherwise. 

That being said I've never been afraid of snakes even as a kid. If I saw a venomous one I would just take a breath and back away. If it wasn't venomous I might pick it up and go scare my sisters with it. Now spiders.... fuck spiders. I will blowtorch the building. 

• Hook 'Em 2