San Antonio

TexasHooch

2 hours ago, Chico_SA said:

Baseball Stadium.jpg

Baseball Stadium2.jpg

Csb: Fox Tech HS had probably the coolest baseball field in town at that spot before it got torn down. A square outfield with an auto parts building functioning as the outfield wall, and barbed wire fencing. IMG_4710.thumb.jpeg.0195d4a0ae50f6114b7a370a6f1d58d0.jpegIMG_4711.thumb.jpeg.a87d832106afa04060a5ad077a9c5ccb.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

So we're heading to the Bandera this weekend and I'm looking for recommendations for some restaurant recommendations not too far off the route, so 1604 area?

Grew up in northwest SA but it's been years since I've stomped around there and figure it's a whole new ballgame out there.

I was considering B-Daddy's BBQ in Helotes, which is excellent if you haven't tried it, but since we've been already I'm open to any other suggestions, any type of cuisine -- although greasy Tex-Mex is always high on the list.

Gracias. 

6 hours ago, gofuckyourself said:

So we're heading to the Bandera this weekend and I'm looking for recommendations for some restaurant recommendations not too far off the route, so 1604 area?

Grew up in northwest SA but it's been years since I've stomped around there and figure it's a whole new ballgame out there.

I was considering B-Daddy's BBQ in Helotes, which is excellent if you haven't tried it, but since we've been already I'm open to any other suggestions, any type of cuisine -- although greasy Tex-Mex is always high on the list.

Gracias. 

mia’s is great 

el chaparral but there can be a wait after 5

• Hook 'Em 1

No... It's by San Pedro Creek Project.  So think old Fox Tech High School area. Graham Weston and his group have been buying up property

Not far from Bill Miller Headquarters...

Graham bought the Missions? Good for him.

Hard to believe that it’s been nearly a quarter century since we built Rackspace.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2024 at 6:31 PM, miguelito said:

I'll second El Chap.

And if you haven't been that way in a while, you're in for a real treat.  Do you like traffic?

their chili con carne on top of their enchiladas is damn elite 

Just a thought....but would any of you SA Surly members be interested in a watch party at Little Woodrows at 1604/Braun for one of our games? I feel like this location is decently located since it seems like most of yall live far west side or northwest/helotes area. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Just a thought....but would any of you SA Surly members be interested in a watch party at Little Woodrows at 1604/Braun for one of our games? I feel like this location is decently located since it seems like most of yall live far west side or northwest/helotes area. 

The Office Yes GIF

• 3 weeks later...
23 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Not quite SA, but drove out to Garner today.

Stopped at Dziuks on the way back. First time for me getting the Parisa. If you haven’t tried it before you gotta get out there. 

IMG_9348.thumb.jpeg.2d0d89a88d1ddaa52c320fed4b2019c2.jpeg

No saltine crackers pictured. Neg rep. 

• Drool 1

On 9/7/2024 at 4:24 PM, hobbes2702 said:

Not quite SA, but drove out to Garner today.

Stopped at Dziuks on the way back. First time for me getting the Parisa. If you haven’t tried it before you gotta get out there. 

IMG_9348.thumb.jpeg.2d0d89a88d1ddaa52c320fed4b2019c2.jpeg

Tried the parisa and Dziuk's last year before seeing Charlie Robison in Bandera. It was an eye opening experience, and tbh I'm still not sure how much I really do or do not like it, but I've been craving it. I actually made my own batch a couple of weeks after trying it, and it was just "okay."

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

Tried the parisa and Dziuk's last year before seeing Charlie Robison in Bandera. It was an eye opening experience, and tbh I'm still not sure how much I really do or do not like it, but I've been craving it. I actually made my own batch a couple of weeks after trying it, and it was just "okay."

It was like crack for me. I’ve been wanting it everyday since

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Tell it.

Wish I could, Dziuk's is the only one I've tried. Forget the other ones. May have been in Hondo and/or D'Hanis. Not sure if Hondo included Primos or not, but I did like their chile pequin dry sausage the one time I stopped in. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/11/2024 at 11:38 AM, UncleBuck said:

Wish I could, Dziuk's is the only one I've tried. Forget the other ones. May have been in Hondo and/or D'Hanis. Not sure if Hondo included Primos or not, but I did like their chile pequin dry sausage the one time I stopped in. 

Alvarez Food Mart in Hondo makes a good one.  Last time I went to the Frio I stopped and got some from Dziuks and then stopped in Hondo at Alvarez.  I like them both. 

Edited by Chico_SA
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 9/11/2024 at 2:09 PM, midtown said:

Speaking of San Antonio and meats etc.  Tri county meat market is pretty awesome.  They get their steaks from Bolners.   Not cheap but damn good quality.  Their freezers have all kinds of great stuff from purveyors all over South Texas.  

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar. Absolute fire

IMG_9393.thumb.jpeg.e4511c8b0604252fef1a0aa9746a8424.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1