2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, ImGolfn said:

Love this team but i just hate todays "pitch count" mentality.  Seems now that 7 innings is the new complete game.  Regardless of the score, if youre at 100 pitches youre gone.  

it's a long season and even long post season. save those arms as much as you can in july and aug 

• Like 1

I dont think it sucks.  Could be better.  But i think all these 5.2 or 6 innings starts wear it down.  Even Hinch said today the bullpen was thin going into today.  

Our starters have pitched the most innings in the majors and the bullpen has pitched the 2nd fewest. The bullpen is 2nd in both ERA and BAA.
  • Like 3

44 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Our starters have pitched the most innings in the majors and the bullpen has pitched the 2nd fewest. The bullpen is 2nd in both ERA and BAA.

No joke. The idea that this bullpen is overworked is laughable. For much of the year, they’ve had problems getting guys enough regular work to stay sharp.

I dont think it sucks.  Could be better.  But i think all these 5.2 or 6 innings starts wear it down.  Even Hinch said today the bullpen was thin going into today.  

Is this a joke? You really think the bullpen is overworked? This may be worse than the guy who doesn’t understand how ERA works.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Why do so many people here think our bullpen sucks? I guess it’s typical surly posters who like to spout shit while not knowing the facts.

Because I have eyes? 

I'll talk baseball to anyone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ERhine said:

Is this a joke? You really think the bullpen is overworked? This may be worse than the guy who doesn’t understand how ERA works.

I dont think overworked as a general term.  But i also dont think it takes 3 relievers for 3 innings when you have a 7 run lead.  Id like to see starters go longer

1 minute ago, ImGolfn said:

Id like to see starters go longer

14 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

Yep.  Officially worse than the guy who doesn't understand ERA.

24 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

You’re not wrong. He’s been pretty average since that outstanding month of May.

If i remember he had a pretty average middle of the season last year before the trade and then finished the season on fire. I'd be good with that again this year.