2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

25 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

I could see a guy like Eovaldi like HG has been saying.

It sounds a bit crazy but as much as Hinch has been harping on resting the starters, Eovaldi makes more and more sense the more I think about it. I’m not convinced Hinch isn’t going to go to a 6 man rotation in September. They’d prefer to have seen what Whitley could do, but his suspension and injury, I bet they are calling it and not counting on him being a factor this year.

-With Eovaldi, you have a guy that made his first appearance the week of Memorial Day, so like Keuchel and LMJ last year, he won’t be overworked going into September/ October.

-Gives you protection against an injury to the current 5 after the deadline without having to disrupt the role Peacock and McHugh have settled in to.

-Alvin HS product

-FA after this year, seems to be fine after TJ surgery in 2016 and some clean up surgery in March, but may not have to give up as much because of both of those reasons.

-Use him as a 6th starter in September move him to the pen in October.

I would like to see this and put him in the pen. Think of joe Kelley, but with electric stuff. Send JD, Reed and a good lower level arm. He could give you an inning at 100+ stuff with his cutter and that would be all.

3 minutes ago, thetruth said:

They have one. It's on the disabled list in Houston. 

As long as Marwin Gonzalez is an everyday player, this offense needs another bat.

Gattis's nice little run in May and June also appears to be over. Last 18 games, he has a .690 OPS.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

we really don't need another bat (outside of correa).  altuve has been very quiet.  bregs had been quiet before the bomb.  springer has finally shown bright spots, but was bad for 6 weeks.  we need our stars to show up, or it won't matter anyway.

another tough (ish) lefty shut us down.  still waiting on that report about how good we are vs lefties to surface.

6 minutes ago, cabowabo said:

We are not utilizing this guy enough. He should have come out for the 8th. 

I agree. He could have handled the 8th. 

Im not sure what Hinch is trying to do with him. That’s the 2nd time in the last week where McHugh has a handful of pitches to end an inning but didn’t come out for the next one. 

I personally think he could be the closer. He’s been filthy all year.