2018 Houston Astros Season Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't know if this is even a thing anymore, and i'm 100% positive it will not matter, but are we playing this game under protest?  isn't that something you have to say at the time of the argument?  i wanted to see more fire out of hinch.  i know that's not really his thing.

It never mattered even when it was a thing. 

2 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't know if this is even a thing anymore, and i'm 100% positive it will not matter, but are we playing this game under protest?  isn't that something you have to say at the time of the argument?  i wanted to see more fire out of hinch.  i know that's not really his thing.

Can't protest a replay review.  Not enough evidence to show that the rule was mis-applied.

12 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Maybe we will get a fancy "league apology" like the NBA gives out after a team is screwed. If we do, Hinch should wipe his ass with it and mail it to West. 

The Oilers got a bunch of those.  I remember the game winning field goal at the Redskins the refs inexplicably said was no good.  A day or two later the NFL admitted the FG was good and it should have been an Oilers win, but oh well, too late, it will still count as an Oiler loss.

1 minute ago, Guadaloopy said:

Can't protest a replay review.  Not enough evidence to show that the rule was mis-applied.

He could protest THE WRONG CALL on the field by goiter though right?

Yeah Hench just goes out there and let them bend him over on calls.

He is probably ready to pack it up after this shameful shit the MLB pulled. First they put every game out of prime time, then they "clear" the Astros of cheating and make the big story about the Astros possibly stealing signs. Load of shit.

5 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

That’s BS for chron to out that dude. Was bad call (but he was leaning across other dude) but let’s not turn into cubs fans here. 

Got to make the storyline anything other than the Astros cheating bullshit.

1 minute ago, Zavala said:

He could protest THE WRONG CALL on the field by goiter though right?

Yeah Hench just goes out there and let them bend him over on calls.

He is probably ready to pack it up after this shameful shit the MLB pulled. First they put every game out of prime time, then they "clear" the Astros of cheating and make the big story about the Astros possibly stealing signs. Load of shit.

Got to make the storyline anything other than the Astros cheating bullshit.

Can't protest a wrong call.  Can only protest the mis-application of a rule.

"if you're a red sox fan, you say, you denied us a great postseason catch..."

hmm, that's true.  i guess we're even then.  great point b.a.

i love that with that call, they're basically 'assuming' one of the top 3 catches in mlb postseason history.

even if we win i will not be over it.  there will be blood tonight.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

"if you're a red sox fan, you say, you denied us a great postseason catch..."

hmm, that's true.  i guess we're even then.  great point b.a.

i love that with that call, they're basically 'assuming' one of the top 3 catches in mlb postseason history.

even if we win i will not be over it.  there will be blood tonight.

Yeah, that's the other thing.  Even with that fat fuck calling interference, he doesn't have to assume the catch and call it an out.