Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

2 hours ago, mooseoutfront said:

This is sort of incorrect.  While black bears are more timid and easier to scare away, if they do engage you they will maul you to death.  You can play dead with a brown bear and there is a good chance they stop attacking you.  If being mauled by a black bear you fight for your life because they aren't stopping until they rip you open.  Black bears are actually more dangerous than grizzlies.

Myself I plan to fight them all (ideally one at a time.). Live on your knees or die on your feet I say.

13 hours ago, CoTex said:

I was with you until the last sentence.

I think it goes

Polar

Grizzly

The rest of yall bears.

Fight me.

Pretty sure that, besides Kevin, mooseoutfront has more street cred on this topic than the rest of us.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 6/10/2024 at 3:37 PM, mooseoutfront said:

This is sort of incorrect.  While black bears are more timid and easier to scare away, if they do engage you they will maul you to death.  You can play dead with a brown bear and there is a good chance they stop attacking you.  If being mauled by a black bear you fight for your life because they aren't stopping until they rip you open.  Black bears are actually more dangerous than grizzlies.

Maybe it's a regional thing, but I see black bears daily when blackberries begin to ripen.  They never want human contact.  I've only had one get testy with me, and it was my fault.  I saw a tiny bear looking at me from about 10' up a bank, so I walked up the logging road to get a better look.  That made it flee about 30' up a fir tree.  Mom heard its claws on the bark and came around a turn right at me.  Luckily she didn't pursue me when I retreated.

Once when I was out for an early morning walk, I had one young bear, probably a 30 pounder, flip out when a log truck went by.  It wanted to get out of the berries and into the safety of the woods, so it crossed the highway.  It was only paying attention to the truck, so it didn't see me.  It plowed right into my leg and then really flipped out.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

NSFW Life

Trigger warning.  Guy stabs cop, guy takes a dozen rounds. It's oddly not graphic.

Those cops in the elevator are probably deaf now.

4 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

Didn't know where to put this 

Dumb. 
He took a deal with fake meat, and they won’t let him enter because it’s sponsored by Nathan’s. 

Guess that’s what he gets for taking that fake meat money. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OregonHorn said:

Maybe it's a regional thing, but I see black bears daily when blackberries begin to ripen.  They never want human contact.  I've only had one get testy with me, and it was my fault.  I saw a tiny bear looking at me from about 10' up a bank, so I walked up the logging road to get a better look.  That made it flee about 30' up a fir tree.  Mom heard its claws on the bark and came around a turn right at me.  Luckily she didn't pursue me when I retreated.

Once when I was out for an early morning walk, I had one young bear, probably a 30 pounder, flip out when a log truck went by.  It wanted to get out of the berries and into the safety of the woods, so it crossed the highway.  It was only paying attention to the truck, so it didn't see me.  It plowed right into my leg and then really flipped out.

That’s part of what he’s saying. It reminded me that I was told of black bears basically that if they are attacking you it’s probably because they are starving and they won’t stop, so fight back. Happy black bears will run away. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Dumb. 
He took a deal with fake meat, and they won’t let him enter because it’s sponsored by Nathan’s. 

They said he had an exclusivity deal with Nathan’s. Then he signed an agreement with a competitor of Nathan’s. I assume that means the new deal was worth more. Don’t really see how that’s dumb of him. Unless you’re saying Nathan’s is being dumb in which case I’d agree with you. Just say he can’t wear any of their swag during the event. They gave so much more attention to the endorsement by making such a fuss about it. I assume I’ll still watch the competition, but without him it’s not going to be nearly as exciting. I’d imagine they’ll have a noticeable drop in viewership. That probably doesn’t affect their TV contract for a bit, but it might when it’s time to renew

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

Dumb. 

Everyone knows that when it comes to the hotdog eating contests, you always lose due to the bread.

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

They said he had an exclusivity deal with Nathan’s. Then he signed an agreement with a competitor of Nathan’s. I assume that means the new deal was worth more. Don’t really see how that’s dumb of him. Unless you’re saying Nathan’s is being dumb in which case I’d agree with you. Just say he can’t wear any of their swag during the event. They gave so much more attention to the endorsement by making such a fuss about it. I assume I’ll still watch the competition, but without him it’s not going to be nearly as exciting. I’d imagine they’ll have a noticeable drop in viewership. That probably doesn’t affect their TV contract for a bit, but it might when it’s time to renew

Just because a competitor offers more, doesn’t mean plugging their product is worth it. More doesn’t mean better, nor does it come without consequences. 

If I were him and were banned I’d still show up at the competition but as a spectator.  I’d bring 80 vegan hot dogs and a guy with an iPhone to livestream it.  I’d stand right next to the stage and when the competition starts I’d start mowing through vegan hotdogs and give myself my own wrestling belt trophy when I own the competition by at least 20 dogs. 

It’d be an unofficial win but the world would know who’s still the king. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Haha 2