Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

I would rather jump put of a perfectly good airplane, and I have no desire to do that.   You are either bothered by heights or you’re not.  I am.  We did a canyon hike at a place that had steep drop offs like that and I wouldn’t get within 5 feet of the edge.  We were taking a water break and our guide decided to get within a foot of the ledge and start doing yoga exercises.  Handstands and such.  He was a small guy and a strong wind might have sent him over the edge.  I took a Xanax to deal with the stress of watching him do it.

• Like 1

On 6/22/2024 at 5:10 AM, PRONG HORN said:

He should have been more head strong.

crazy vid but the mobster had the right of way at a cross walk. He should still look both ways but not sure how the driver doesn't get some kind of charge. Also, not a lot of blood considering the injury but I'm not in the medical field at all.

On 6/22/2024 at 11:55 PM, conVINCEd said:

I would rather jump put of a perfectly good airplane, and I have no desire to do that.   You are either bothered by heights or you’re not.  I am.  We did a canyon hike at a place that had steep drop offs like that and I wouldn’t get within 5 feet of the edge.  We were taking a water break and our guide decided to get within a foot of the ledge and start doing yoga exercises.  Handstands and such.  He was a small guy and a strong wind might have sent him over the edge.  I took a Xanax to deal with the stress of watching him do it.

Went to Royal Gorge on a Boy Scout trip.  We were on a hiking trail and one of the leaders stopped for pictures at this promontory boulder.  1,000 ft. straight fucking down.  Each boy got on the rock (including my son) to take a photo with this huge void in the background.  I kept picturing one of the boys horsing around and knocking a kid off to his death.  I think I caught PTSD from that shit.

3 minutes ago, RPM said:

I ran into this at the QT at 183/MLK, and I had never seen it before. I tried to open the door, which was locked. Without reading the sign on the door, I went to the cashier to let them know they hadn't unlocked the beer cooler doors yet.... which didn't even make sense, because it wasn't a Sunday morning 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

That was really cool.  Kid's gonna be playing that video for chicks and slaying ass for then next 20 years.  

I don't remember how they phrased it, but this judge at the Yehudi Menuhin competition in Austin back in 2014 IIRC.  It's like the Olympics of classical music.  It moves around the world every 2-4 years and features young people playing stringed instruments (mainly violin).  I think there was a 10-14 bracket and then 14-18 bracket.  But this German judge we hosted explained to me her purpose was to decipher which musicians could simply replicate the music by rote, from exhaustive rehearsal and recital.  She could spot them within seconds.  Like half their medalists go on to play first chair in prominent symphonies around the world within a few years.  But she said, particularly in the younger group, there are musicians that may struggle a bit with the hand-eye coordination test of instrumentation because their bodies are growing and changing, but that she can pick up on somebody that has the "music in their bones", that they're not trying to look rehearsed and polished, they're just trying to remember something they've always known.  She said it in German, which I can speak a bit of, but that's the gist.  And sure enough, one young man came in 3rd but she told us he'd be the most prominent out of the entire competition.  She personally donated a Stradivarius violin to him.  He now plays with the Beijing Symphony Orchestra and will likely make First Chair before he's 30.  

this young 'Slash" kid seems to have the same knack.  There is technical prowess to learn and practice.  But in the end, either the music lives in your heart.  Or it doesn't.  /csb

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2