Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

8 minutes ago, Felix said:

Here's some nightmare fuel for you. Yes that's a wasp dragging a dead spider up my office window. 20240801_085037.thumb.jpg.a39e195f8f9fdb5da20c5fbb8b4bdd46.jpg

Seen that at home. What if I told you that the spider is only paralyzed, and that the wasp will lay eggs in it and the larvae will consume the spider from the inside when they hatch?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 4

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Seen that at home. What if I told you that the spider is only paralyzed, and that the wasp will lay eggs in it and the larvae will consume the spider from the inside when they hatch?

Yes.  Dead for but for the formalities.  Nature can be a real bitch sometimes.

5 hours ago, Parliament said:

Try that in a small town.

I mean... they tried it in RUSSIA.... where you know.... rules and laws arent exactly followed, and its not uncommon for the other driver to have a fucking AK in their car....

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

I struggle to understand how is it possible for this to happen. maybe the driver is high. 

incidentally I rode the TRE fairly often many years ago. 

driver couldn't see past box truck and assumed when they were moving he would make it through rail crossing.  Few if any wait for an entire vehicle length when entering a crossing is this scenerio.  

Just now, Incredulity said:

driver couldn't see past box truck and assumed when they were moving he would make it through rail crossing.  Few if any wait for an entire vehicle length when entering a crossing is this scenerio.  

yes, of course.  it doesn’t matter how he got into that situation.  I don’t understand how he doesn’t do whatever he can to get his fucking trailer off the tracks.  pull into the oncoming lane, pull into the orange barricades on the right.  pull that trailer anywhere.  I don’t get it. 

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, futureman said:

yes, of course.  it doesn’t matter how he got into that situation.  I don’t understand how he doesn’t do whatever he can to get his fucking trailer off the tracks.  pull into the oncoming lane, pull into the orange barricades on the right.  pull that trailer anywhere.  I don’t get it. 

Newsflash:  people are idoits.

I totally agree

1 hour ago, futureman said:

Lack of attention. Even when most cars were honking their horns at him, he just sat there. He only attempted to move when the train horn started blaring, and it was too little, too late.

Had to be on the phone in some capacity, or music too loud to hear 

4 hours ago, SurlyBDR said:

Lack of attention. Even when most cars were honking their horns at him, he just sat there. He only attempted to move when the train horn started blaring, and it was too little, too late.

Had to be on the phone in some capacity, or music too loud to hear 

I was in the middle of posting on Surly. My bad.  

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, futureman said:

well the comments say he lived but I don’t believe it. 

I have met a guy who was wearing our arc flash clothing who got electrocuted and arc flashed at the same time (rare).  He was working on 34.5 kVa.  Had to amputate from knee down on one of his legs.  The electricity stayed on one side of his body per him, not passing through his heart. 

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

I have met a guy who was wearing our arc flash clothing who got electrocuted and arc flashed at the same time (rare).  He was working on 34.5 kVa.  Had to amputate from knee down on one of his legs.  The electricity stayed on one side of his body per him, not passing through his heart. 

Back in '91 I was working for Duininck Bros at their Bridgeport asphalt plant. It was inside the TXI quarry and we got water from them. One day we got low and the Plant Superintendent drove over to the spraybar control room to switch on our pump. The control room was a concrete blockhouse next to the truck spraybar full of mud and wet muck. Even though he was standing on a rubber mat when he flipped the 440V breaker it reached out and touched him. I saw him after he drove back. He was just sitting in his truck kind of stunned. When he unzipped his jacket and shirt, his chest hair was burned. Lucky mofo.