Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

3 hours ago, markstanco said:

Was something edited?  The wingsuit video was just fine, and actually pretty cool. 

Some place down in Mexico there was some last ride for some steam engine train. Chick trying to take a pic got bopped in the back of the head by the cow catcher as it sped by.

31 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I did not know this about ducks having a wake that's always at 39 degrees.

https://asp-blogs.azurewebsites.net/bleroy/The-duck_2700_s-wake

duck.thumb.jpg.3f23ef75b625c9542aede9ed344478dc.jpg

All water craft form a 39° wake.  Ducks, kayaks, ski boats, aircraft carriers… 

The exception being if there are different currents under the surface.  I don’t really know shit like that, but your post sent me down a rabbit hole. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

The exception being if there are different currents under the surface.  I don’t really know shit like that, but your post sent me down a rabbit hole. 

What about pontoon boats?

CHIEF

Today I learn that in order to safely skydive from a hot air balloon, the balloon has to be rapidly descending. If it's not, the sudden loss of weight can cause the balloon to rise rapidly which causes a chain of events that could result in the balloon pancaking, thus killing everyone left. 
This shitbag hid a parachute under his clothes and attempted to jump without telling the pilot. The pilot was able to grab onto him and prevent him from jumping.

Fuck that fucking arrogant asshole skydiver for putting the lives of his fellow passengers at risk so he’d have some “bro awesome dude” video to get clicked. What a fucking narcissistic piece of shit. I want to see the video where all the others beat him when they’re back on ground.

And gold medal to the captain who sized up the situation and made the correct safe call.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, ajax said:

Today I learn that in order to safely skydive from a hot air balloon, the balloon has to be rapidly descending. If it's not, the sudden loss of weight can cause the balloon to rise rapidly which causes a chain of events that could result in the balloon pancaking, thus killing everyone left. 

This shitbag hid a parachute under his clothes and attempted to jump without telling the pilot. The pilot was able to grab onto him and prevent him from jumping.

Woulda been real fun to punch that dipshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:23 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I did not know this about ducks having a wake that's always at 39 degrees.

https://asp-blogs.azurewebsites.net/bleroy/The-duck_2700_s-wake

duck.thumb.jpg.3f23ef75b625c9542aede9ed344478dc.jpg

Holy shit, I just read the message above the duck thing.

Season 4 Wow GIF by The Office

On 27 April 1997, Quaid suffered a serious injury in a National League game against Laois when the sliotar struck Quaid in the groin at high speed following a penalty attempt by David Cuddy. His right testicle exploded on impact while half of the other testicle had to be surgically removed. In spite of the injury, Quaid won a second National League medal on 5 October 1997 after a 1-12 to 1-09 defeat of Galway in the final.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/last-man-standing-keeps-us-posted-on-netminders/25966438.html

Quaid's nephew, Joe, one of his successors in the Limerick shirt, vividly recalls the trauma of the loss of a testicle in 1997 when a ball smashed into him during a league match against Laois in 1997.

Joe's honest recollection amplifies the pain involved but he adds a touch of humour too with his recall of how Tipperary supporters didn't spare him in a subsequent Munster semi-final in Thurles later that year.

With his back to the Killinan End the Tipp faithful began to sing to the Village People number 'Go West' that 'Joe Quaid only has one ball'.

Quaid recounted how the umpires had so much sympathy for him as they realised the context of the chorus. He could see the funny side though and with the game gone from Limerick he "turned around to the terrace, jumped up like Batman and grabbed his crotch on the way down. Immediately the singing stopped, the crowd universally clapped him and that was the end of it. Respect."

He’ll never forget the date: Apr 27, 1997; a meaningless challenge game against Laois, it’s not every day you lose a testicle.

Two months later he was playing championship against Tipperary.

“My first night back training, TJ Ryan came through and unleashed a bloody rocket. Lucky enough I was wearing a jockstrap with a guard and the ball flew about 30 yards back out the field. Tom Ryan was on the line, wincing, ‘Jesus, Quaid, are you alright?’ Sure I just got up, put the hand down and started counting. ‘One… Yeah, fine.’ Says Ryan, ‘You’re some mad bastard!’ Says I, ‘Sure look where that ball ended up. Jaysus, this implant is some yoke.’ Looking back though, it was nuts to play in that game against Tipp. Or that should be singular, shouldn’t it? I was a complete nut to play that day. I dived across for a ball and stopped it but when I landed the pain was still there. Albert Shanahan had been man of the match the first round against Waterford and should have been left in goals.”

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

4 hours ago, crash_davis said:

While I understand his efforts, if that kids leg or arm would have gotten hung up in that chair it could have done major damage or the kid could have lost his grip and just been drug around with his head scraping along the pavement. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 9/9/2024 at 6:57 PM, Your Mom said:

I've been boating my whole life and never knew this.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Crapinon said:

While I understand his efforts, if that kids leg or arm would have gotten hung up in that chair it could have done major damage or the kid could have lost his grip and just been drug around with his head scraping along the pavement. 

I was thinking the same thing.

2 hours ago, Yarbr said:

I really need to see what happens after he lands.

1 hour ago, futureman said:

he just stopped.  he really wasn't moving much at all relative to the ground.

Pretty cool.  After going back and forth all ride, he basically finished about six feet from where he started.  

Screenshot-2024-09-15-000407.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1