Post a pic that makes you say "Holy shit."

Born Burnt

Stayed right there.

It’s kind of a mind fuck, too. But look at the pic above where it shows him starting. He doesn’t move from that spot. The train rolls under him, and he really has no forward momentum, or backward.

The bike wheels are turning, but stop the second he comes off and sticks it.

2 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

Pretty impressive how he landed exactly in the middle of the crossing. I wonder if they practiced that in a yard somewhere where the whole track is built like a crossing until he could stick the landing pretty close to exactly where he started. 

I think not much if any practice was needed.  Rider just runs the course with the train not moving and they note the speed of the bike, and then set the train's speed accordingly.  He may not have even run the course with it already mounted to the train.  He probably did it while the course pieces were on the ground somewhere and rode until he got his speed consistent.  Riding the course on the train is cool, but they wanted the illusion of the rider not moving added to the stunt.  That's why the camera was mounted perpendicular to the stop sign relative to course motion.  They could have just filmed with a drone if they weren't trying to add the visual effect of staying in the same spot.  

• Like 1

On 9/14/2024 at 9:56 PM, Mittens said:

I think the most impressive part of the whole thing is that he managed to dismount EXACTLY where they hoped he would. You can see they add a few yards of something as a CYA, but he landed dead center on the crossing. Solid math to start and end at exactly the same spot

ETA: I see I wasn’t the only one to notice this. Guess it was kinda the point

Edited by SquishMitten

9 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

I was on Amtrak when we hit 8-wheel construction truck that was on the track. We didn't even feel a bump. We obliterated the truck and the driver died instantly. We never felt a thing from the impact, just the train braking heavily. Trains do not fuck around. 

They're designed not to derail, and the whole billion tons traveling at 35 mph thing. 

Turret mechanics are NOT happy about that. 

When I was at Ft. Knox one of our training units was moving M1 tanks across the Dixie Highway (Dixie Dieway as it was called on post) to one of the training areas early in the morning, like 3 am and an 18 wheeler driver was asleep or or not paying attention and ran through the cones where the MPs were stopping traffic and hit one of the tanks broadside at probably 50 mph.  Tank moved about 4 inches and the truck was about half as long as when it started.  Truck driver was dead before he knew it.  No other injuries because the Tank Commander saw it coming and dropped into the turret so he wasn't decapitated by the parts of the truck that flew over the top of the tank.  Tank driver was lucky as the truck hit closer to the back end of the tank so he didn't get any of the debris.

Highway was closed for about 4 hours if I recall. 

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

On 8/26/2024 at 11:28 PM, Superhero said:

You'd be bored if you killed them all in one night.

Shoot a few today, one tomorrow and three the day after. You'd have months of entertainment.

This. I love using a bolt action rifle. It's like the satisfaction of driving a car with a manual transmission.